Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

tr1 might have been right all along about DeMarcus Ware...

Hitman21ST

I was reading nfl.com, and there is an article on there about the Texans' new defensive front, and the role Mario Williams will play in it:

"We really play a 5-2. We play five defensive linemen that can rush the passer and two inside 'backers who can tackle people. And we think Mario certainly fits in there."

"We put (Williams) in the premier position," Phillips said. "You're rushing the passer more at Will (weakside linebacker), and so that's where we put him."

So where does DeMarcus Ware come into this? tr1 has, on multiple occasions, stated that Ware is a product of the Cowboys defensive scheme, and that he wouldn't be as productive in another. To back his claim up, he has routinely stated that Ware doesn't drop into coverage, and the defense calls for him to blitz more than your average outside linebacker. Wade Phillips continues, alluding to that very same point:

"We're not going to drop him," Phillips said. "We're going to rush him. That's why I say we're more of a 5-2, in that those five guys are coming a lot of the time, especially the position Mario plays. DeMarcus Ware played that position, Bryce Paup –- on and on, guys that have led the league. They didn't lead the league in sacks by dropping a whole lot."

Congratulations, tr1, on another quality call on the Cowboys. :applause:

I read that article, and it did surprise me. It makes sense also as to why Shawne Merriman was so successful in the 3-4 when Wade was there, and maybe explains why (aside from the juicing) he fell off so much.

I still think Ware is a top pass rusher in the league, but this quote from Philips does make one wonder. Just looked at Ware's stats too, and didn't realize he has only one career interception ...

Let's put it this way however the Cowboys use Ware it works. I hope Rak develops into the type of player Ware is, he has the physical ability to do so if we use him correctly and surround him with some better talent.

Let's put it this way however the Cowboys use Ware it works. I hope Rak develops into the type of player Ware is, he has the physical ability to do so if we use him correctly and surround him with some better talent.

you must have forgotten, they won't be using where like they were before....that happens when you change defensive coordinators

you must have forgotten, they won't be using where like they were before....that happens when you change defensive coordinators

Trust me they will let him keep doing what he does best - play going forwards. Rob Ryan is Buddys son so you know he will attack and Ware is his big gun.

The best pass rusher in the NFL is mostly used to rush the passer? Say it isn't so. In other news Desean Jackson runs deep routes, Peyton Manning throws the ball, and Devon Hester returns kicks. Ware is solid but unspectacular in coverage, and is phenomenal in run support in addition to his pass rushing skills.

The best pass rusher in the NFL is mostly used to rush the passer? Say it isn't so. In other news Desean Jackson runs deep routes, Peyton Manning throws the ball, and Devon Hester returns kicks. Ware is solid but unspectacular in coverage, and is phenomenal in run support in addition to his pass rushing skills.

The point is, the "best pass rusher in the NFL" IS the best BECAUSE he never has to drop back into coverage, NOT because he's a complete LBer that excels at rushing the passer.

From now on, since we know tr1 has been so accurate, all Cowboy fan posts should be passed by tr1 and approved before they show up. :ols:

How about that list that was put out at the beginning of last season about our predictions for the Cowboy's season. The only one that WASN'T correct was mine (but I may have gone overboard when I predicted the devil sucking Cowboy's stadium into hell, maybe this year).

This is probably the stupidest thread I've ever seen on ES and that is saying something.

What is the contention of the OP? Was there ever a doubt that Ware rushed the QB on every passing down? His amazing ability to get to the QB on passing downs is diminished by the fact that Phillips is going to use Williams to......gasp.....rush the passer?

---------- Post added May-10th-2011 at 07:46 PM ----------

The point is, the "best pass rusher in the NFL" IS the best BECAUSE he never has to drop back into coverage, NOT because he's a complete LBer that excels at rushing the passer.

From now on, since we know tr1 has been so accurate, all Cowboy fan posts should be passed by tr1 and approved before they show up. :ols:

How about that list that was put out at the beginning of last season about our predictions for the Cowboy's season. The only one that WASN'T correct was mine (but I may have gone overboard when I predicted the devil sucking Cowboy's stadium into hell, maybe this year).

3-4 OLB's rush the passer? Are you ****ing kidding me?

BTW, this was never tr1's argument. You Skins fans are getting more lamo by the day.

---------- Post added May-10th-2011 at 07:47 PM ----------

This isn't really all that newsworthy other than our Poke friends denied it was the case. Now it's "duh".

No they didn't.

This is probably the stupidest thread I've ever seen on ES and that is saying something.

What is the contention of the OP? Was there ever a doubt that Ware rushed the QB on every passing down? His amazing ability to get to the QB on passing downs is diminished by the fact that Phillips is going to use Williams to......gasp.....rush the passer?

Westy BY FAR is making the most sense in this entire thread...shut it down!!!!

Funniest thing about this thread and all the conversation about Ware, was when TR1 said that "the reason D Ware has so many TFL (tackles for loss) was because he rushes the QB every play" ....which at that time that comment was made...... made me laugh so hard that i almost died...LITERALLY......It is also the reason i refuse to get into ANY Football related conversations with TR1.........He is good at poking fun at the Cowboys and their fans, making jokes about the Cowboys and thier fans, posting smiles, posting funny yet "negative" articles about the Cowboys...but by far the one thing he is not very good at ...at all........is: Talking specifically about football. the game of football and the X's and O's of the game of football.......better l.uck talking to your keyboard about it then him.

Ware does what he does best, rush the passer. Orakpo sucks at coverage.

let me save TR1 from the time to do it......

if you wanna talk about the Skins and/or Rak pl;ease take it to the stadium...stay on topic please.....

Ware is an average player that benefits from the "scheme" that he is in, and pads his stats vs lesser teams and disappears in big games......

(add 50 smiles to it and there ya have it)

let me save TR1 from the time to do it......

if you wanna talk about the Skins and/or Rak pl;ease take it to the stadium...stay on topic please.....

Ware is an average player that benefits from the "scheme" that he is in, and pads his stats vs lesser teams and disappears in big games......

(add 50 smiles to it and there ya have it)

So Ware is really a DE? The point that has been made ad nauseam is that Ware is not really an OLB. He is a stand up DE. Dallas has never run a 3-4 Def, it just gets classified as such because there is no run of the mill def for a 5-2. Wade has stated as much over and over and over. So comparing Ware to James Harrison isn't really far. Harrison drops in coverage quite a bit. Orakpo was asked to cover a TE quite a bit. So comparing Ware to Orakpo is like comparing Wilfork to Kevin Williams. Yeah, they "technically" play the same position (DT), but they don't in actuality play the same position.

So Ware is really a DE? The point that has been made ad nauseam is that Ware is not really an OLB. He is a stand up DE. Dallas has never run a 3-4 Def, it just gets classified as such because there is no run of the mill def for a 5-2. Wade has stated as much over and over and over. So comparing Ware to James Harrison isn't really far. Harrison drops in coverage quite a bit. Orakpo was asked to cover a TE quite a bit. So comparing Ware to Orakpo is like comparing Wilfork to Kevin Williams. Yeah, they "technically" play the same position (DT), but they don't in actuality play the same position.

Incorrect .......I will post tomorrow when I am back on the computer and not from my phone.......

When has it ever been debated that the top statistical pass rushers are also the guys with the most pass rush attempts? If you have a player that is good at something you let him do it as much as possible. He doesn't take Vince Lombardi to figure that out.

---------- Post added May-10th-2011 at 07:46 PM ----------

3-4 OLB's rush the passer? Are you ****ing kidding me?

This is definitely the stupidest post I've ever seen on ES and that is saying something.

Why don't you find the original thread before commenting on a thread referring to THAT thread, then you won't sound like a Cowboy's apologist. The argument had to do with whether Ware had inflated stats due to the fact that he rushes the QB more than any other LBer in the league, since he never has to cover anyone EVER.

And the point of the article had nothing to do with what Wade is doing now, but what Wade was doing when he was IN Dallas.

And, yes, I was kidding. Stop over reacting and go hold your chubby coach's feet to the fire.

---------- Post added May-10th-2011 at 04:08 PM ----------

No they didn't.

Yes they did.

---------- Post added May-10th-2011 at 04:10 PM ----------

Incorrect .......I will post tomorrow when I am back on the computer and not from my phone.......

I know it's extremely difficult for you Cowboy's fans to do two things at once.

This is definitely the stupidest post I've ever seen on ES and that is saying something.

Why don't you find the original thread before commenting on a thread referring to THAT thread, then you won't sound like a Cowboy's apologist. The argument had to do with whether Ware had inflated stats due to the fact that he rushes the QB more than any other LBer in the league, since he never has to cover anyone EVER.

And the point of the article had nothing to do with what Wade is doing now, but what Wade was doing when he was IN Dallas.

And, yes, I was kidding. Stop over reacting and go hold your chubby coach's feet to the fire.

---------- Post added May-10th-2011 at 04:08 PM ----------

Yes they did.

---------- Post added May-10th-2011 at 04:10 PM ----------

I know it's extremely difficult for you Cowboy's fans to do two things at once.

A. Westy is right and you are wrong. B. THE END

We'll see about that this year when he's actually asked to *gasp* cover someone.

Just because he does not do it that often does not mean he can not do it. I have seen him fall back and cover just fine.

Archived