Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

South Park Season 15

ACW

I think I'm in the minority that thinks the show's gotten better with time. The early seasons were entertaining enough, but I feel like the show really hit its stride by the 7th or 8th season. The dialogue isn't so frantic now; but the satire is scathing. South Park has become a mirror to society that says "look how foolish this is." It still has the vulgar, gross out humor from the earlier seasons, but it's somehow become...more refined if that makes any sense.

The only complaint I have about the show is that Randy Marsh has become a Peter Griffin like character in that he has come to his logical conclusion as a character. He's become kind of one dimensional and though he does help bring the over all point of the episode's theme home, he's becoming a distraction. I hope Parker and Stone reign him in.

I think I'm in the minority that thinks the show's gotten better with time. The early seasons were entertaining enough, but I feel like the show really hit its stride by the 7th or 8th season. The dialogue isn't so frantic now; but the satire is scathing. South Park has become a mirror to society that says "look how foolish this is." It still has the vulgar, gross out humor from the earlier seasons, but it's somehow become...more refined if that makes any sense.

I'm with you. I think its actually gotten better. They still have the occasional dud. But every season has those. And I think some of their best episodes ever have been over the last few seasons.

I hope South Park lives forever.

I'm with you. I think its actually gotten better. They still have the occasional dud. But every season has those. And I think some of their best episodes ever have been over the last few seasons.

I hope South Park lives forever.

Absolutely. I have tried watching various shows from seasons 1 - 7ish and it is almost unbearable to watch. They are the exact opposite of The Simpsons. Simpsons hit their peak around season 5 and it has been all downhill from there.

I think last season was meh because they were devoting more time to their Broadway show, which is getting great reviews I hear.

Absolutely. I have tried watching various shows from seasons 1 - 7ish and it is almost unbearable to watch. They are the exact opposite of The Simpsons. Simpsons hit their peak around season 5 and it has been all downhill from there.

I think last season was meh because they were devoting more time to their Broadway show, which is getting great reviews I hear.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone have proven themselves as master satirists. They know how to cut to the jugular, but they also know how to make it funny.

I think some of their earlier season had some jewels. Obviously, the movie they made was amazing (even got good marks from the great Stephen Sondheim). The Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut episodes were pretty funny, as was Chief Aid. Underpants Gnomes is in my personal top 5 and that was season three.

I've heard that the real turning point of the show as "Scott Tenorman Must Die" because the dynamic of Cartman character changed from stupid, ill tempered fat ass to sociopath.

The episodes in the later seasons, though, have been "can't miss" events.

Couldn't agree more. And Cartman is one of the best characters in television history, IMO.

Archived