Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vince Young an option at QB?

Rpredskins

I know he has had his share of problems but correct me if I'm wrong, he has a winning record as an NFL QB. That in itself is pretty uncommon.

Maybe coming to a new team and coach could revive his career, which imo could be far from over if given the chance. He's got some wheels, which Shanahan looks for in a QB. At the very least he could be a cheap project QB with upside and would allow us to skip picking QB early in the draft this year.

Maybe some of you will argue QB at 10, but those who arent confident in the QBs coming in this year surely realize that theres nobody on our roster capable of playing the position adequately. I am not in favor of "win now" mentality, but you MUST have a QB on your team who will either win immediately or has potential for the future. Right now we have neither, and that can't go unaddressed.

If anyone has a reason why picking up VY (either traded or signed) for cheap is a bad idea given the current situation, I would like to hear why. I have not been glued to league-wide happenings especially in the AFC so maybe there is something I am missing.

No to VY. Talent aside, I want to see a certain personality in a figurehead position like QB. Not going to argue about if DM5 is the right QB for us but at least he seems like a stand up guy. Especially in front of the media. Same as JC was. And that means a lot to me.

Besides the fact he's not that good with his arm, and certainly nothing like Michael Vick with his feet as the comparison goes; why would we want to invite a dude wirth serious psychological problems into our locker room? Heck, he went into a major meltdown verging on a breakdown in TN in front of some of the friendliest fans in the entire league. What in the heck would he do here when the criticism reigns?

Have we learnt nothing from the last pick-up from the Titans?

Your right on the money when you say we don't have an adequate QB on the roster over a duration. But Vince Young is certainly not the answer to that.

Hail.

I have thought about this also... If we dont draft a QB then Im all for it jut because Im not sure what other options we would have? One thing about Vince though is that he wins games. You cant really dispute that.

I can't deny that he is the QB on a team that wins games. I do not give VY much of the credit for those wins. A man who goes by CJ deserves that.

His name has come up with a few other guys. Difference is, the other guys would be stop gaps. VY would ¥ost likely have wagons hitched to him for the long haul.

Now this really creeps me out. It's like sitting behind the fat kid in the theatre who is eating baked beans by the spoonful.

You know the explosion is going to come, you just don't know when.

His name has come up with a few other guys. Difference is, the other guys would be stop gaps. VY would ¥ost likely have wagons hitched to him for the long haul.

I can't imagine Kyle being on board with this.

Yikes.

I can't imagine Kyle being on board with this.

Yikes.

I would think he has to based on his first hand look at VY in the AFC South. For all the criticism VY gets, he wins when he's on the field.

TK, if you had to put money on it which way do you think the Skins will go with their QB?

I have thought about this also... If we dont draft a QB then Im all for it jut because Im not sure what other options we would have? One thing about Vince though is that he wins games. You cant really dispute that.
*looks at sig*

Oh you'd like that wouldn't you?! :ols:

Random yen symbol. Possible TK secret code?

Don`t Vince and Kyle of some Texas connection? I'm not sure on this but weren't Vince and Kyle teammates at Texas at one point?

Vince redshirted his freshman year which was Kyle's senior year. Kyle was a reserve player, so I wouldn't be shocked if he practiced with Vince a lot.

TK , LL and Jsteelz have all hinted towards the Redskins making this move at some point, may be this is our fall back plan if we cant grab and QB in the draft, our we play VY until our rookie develops. The three insiders have all said don`t expect a rookie QB to come in and play right away. Personally I think it would be a great option for us if we draft someone like Jake Locker who needs to sit for a couple of years.

Archived