Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor - Redskins Already Have 2 Trade-Down Pacts In Place To Gain a 2nd Rounder

3 Rings

I'm thinking Quinn may be option #1 if he's available, then #2 may be trading down if he's gone. Hopefully i haven't read things wrong from the "leaf" gang.

That's been my take as well.

I feel like the more I read and hear of Quinn (recently...) is kind of making me worry about his transition to a 3-4. Could just be BS before the draft...but still.

Also, what in the hell happen to the flury of smokescreens? We had a day or two with QB and WR at 10..then, nothing?

Any idea where the focus is on in the 2nd round?

I only check nfldraftcountdown.com and walterfootball.com and they both have us selecting the Nevada QB in the 2nd round. Athletic guy with a big arm. Interesting that walterfootball has us taking him with Ryan Mallett still on the board.

imo Mallett will be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd.

Barring trades I think it will be Quinn in the 1st and the Nevada QB in the 2nd.

Any idea where the focus is on in the 2nd round?

I only check nfldraftcountdown.com and walterfootball.com and they both have us selecting the Nevada QB in the 2nd round. Athletic guy with a big arm. Interesting that walterfootball has us taking him with Ryan Mallett still on the board.

Barring trades I think it will be Quinn in the 1st and the Nevada QB in the 2nd.

At that point in their mock, they're just trying to match systems w/ prospects. Easier to envision Kaepernik running this offense than Mallett.

I agree with most of this. How many people here have watched him play? What about even the cut ups on YouTube? You can do that here:

These aren't highlights, they show his plays from respective games.

The clamoring for a franchise QB, I get that part. Who wouldn't want to have that position settled? But it feels like some people are dead set on trying to figure out that problem this year. I believe that this is a down year for quarterbacks. Could someone be successful? Sure. It might even be Locker. But, by looking at game tape, he is a huge gamble and, in my opinion, an unnecessary one.

Even many Locker fans concede that he has plenty of work to do and he might not be able to help a team for two to three years. If we use our picks this year to build a better team and draft a QB with less of a learning curve next year we'll be in a better position overall.

Agree. This has been my point on the whole Locker matter. Next year's QB class will be much better than this one. Get a franchise QB then. The Skins have so many holes to fill, don't take a risky QB pick this year just to fill that need. Take the sure things at other positions. This Skins team is a long way from being a contender. Take some time and do it the right way. Not by forcing a pick at the QB position.

No No No Quinn is just a bad idea.Why the heck even think that's a good idea?Next to trading up for Gabbert drafting Quinn is about the dumbest thing we could do.

Care to explain why? Or do you just like saying things with no reasoning?

Agree. This has been my point on the whole Locker matter. Next year's QB class will be much better than this one. Get a franchise QB then. The Skins have so many holes to fill, don't take a risky QB pick this year just to fill that need. Take the sure things at other positions. This Skins team is a long way from being a contender. Take some time and do it the right way. Not by forcing a pick at the QB position.

I recall last year same stuff was said, wait till guys like Christain Ponder, Jake Locker come out among others. I can recall threads on it on Extremeskins. Often "next" year on paper looks like the year but what if it isn't? But I agree with the idea if Shanny isn't in love with any of the Qb's don't force the pick. I don't really take seriously what any of us think as who is the right or wrong QB prospect, though its fun to talk about -- position seems way too complex for anyone of us to figure out based on watching a few games and you tube highlights -- but Shanny I trust and yeah i don't think he would pick someone he doesn't like a lot.

I feel like the more I read and hear of Quinn (recently...) is kind of making me worry about his transition to a 3-4. Could just be BS before the draft...but still.

Also, what in the hell happen to the flury of smokescreens? We had a day or two with QB and WR at 10..then, nothing?

I do trust the info that the "Leaf gang" is giving. But none of us will know for 100% until we make the pic. Not with Shanny & Co...Had Vinny still been here, we could have accurately predicted the entire draft by now :ols:. But with these guys, we will just have to try and make sense of the hints that are out there.

What I've read makes it sound like Quinn's strengths are similar to Rak's and he'd be a better fit in a 3-4 as a mirror to Rak on the other LB side.

I'm a little worried that he didn't play last year and the tumor thing is always scary.

I question if Watt or Jordan might be a safer pick at DE, a position where there definitely is also need.

According to Jsteelz Twitter it sounds like Quinn is not the number 1 option any more. Any guesses on who it is? I am thinking Gabbert.

Unless they're planning on trading up, I don't see us getting him. I find it very unlikely that Gabbert will be there at 10. As far as the Quinn pick...I'm a little iffy on it, to be honest. He had one year of good production and during that year many of his sacks came against inferior opponents. Sure, he is a gifted kid and very athletic but not as athletic as Rak was from a numbers standpoint. He has some nice pass rushing moves and is good in pursuit but from what I've seen of him he is not very explosive at the POA. If you watch some of his cutups on youtube you will notice it. There were multiple times where he was easily the last guy out of his stance but he was able to make up for it with his next step; that might be much more difficult in the NFL. IMO its a pretty risky pick.

I do trust the info that the "Leaf gang" is giving. But none of us will know for 100% until we make the pic. Not with Shanny & Co...Had Vinny still been here, we could have accurately predicted the entire draft by now :ols:. But with these guys, we will just have to try and make sense of the hints that are out there.

Sorry, I'v been MIA for a couple weeks. Can you give me a quick explanation of the "leaf gang" and the info provided or a link to it? Thanks.

Archived