Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor - Redskins Already Have 2 Trade-Down Pacts In Place To Gain a 2nd Rounder

3 Rings

I wonder who the #1 guy will be if we stay at 10. Based solely off what I think the teams ahead of us will do, I think the top players available when we pick will be:

QB: Mallet, Locker, Dalton

WR: Jones

DL: Watt, Jordan

OLB: Aldon Smith, Bowers

CB: Amukamara, Smith

I think our board may be: Bowers/A. Smith, Jones, Watt, Amukamara, Jordan, Smith. I think QB we may try to use a 2nd next year with our current 2nd this year to move up to the low 1st ahead of the teams like Buff, AZ, Carolina, Cincy who pick ahead of us and may not have taken QB in the 1st, depending on if the QB we really want is there. I don't think Quinn nor Gabbert will fall to us.

1) What have they discovered about Gabbert or Newton that makes them think they are more worthy of a trade up now than yesterday/last week/last month?

2) Would we really trade up for a non-QB considering how many needs we have?

This makes no sense.

I don't see any way it would be Newton, maybe Blaine.... but I don't think we'd give up our #41 either, so not sure what we could be offering to whom.....

I don't see any way it would be Newton either, but I'm still scared of the possibility. I don't think Gabbert is worth trading up for. I think Newton's potential ceiling (although I say 99% chance he never reaches that ceiling) is higher than Gabbert's, which makes me think there's a chance some team would trade up for him. Hopefully not us.

Ok, now I'm scared we're trading for Newton.

If we're moving up, I'd rather it be for Newton than Gabbert. Gabbert came off like he had zero personality in the Gruden special and I really question his arm. They both are question marks IMO so if we're going to move up (which I'd rather not do), then i'd rather swing for the fences.....

LOL - Not laughing at you. I am laughing because I asked what the number 1 option was and had about 10 posts saying Quinn like I was a dumbass for asking. Thursday night is going to be very interesting. Thanks again for posting LL56

I don't know why this post is so funny. Dude I don't think anyone was treating you like you were stupid..:ols: There's alot of info being tossed out here, and its a bit hard to keep up with it. Everyone is trying to make sense of what's going on.

While reading this thread the tagline for MTV's Diary gets stuck in my head "You think you know but you have no idea". :ols:

I can tell all the speculation is killing a lot of you. Shanahan is a funny guy he really has made this into an art. I've given up trying to figure it all out I'm just along for the ride! :)

Gotta be Gabbert if we are moving up.

Means either the Panthers don't want a QB so someone else is willing to swap with us.. or the Panthers are taking our 2nd so we can move for Gabbert.

wouldn't necessarily be the Panthers. We only need to move ahead of the threats to take Gabbert, if he's our guy. I think Cincy will take Gabbert at 4, but I think Buffalo won't go for him. However, I don't think Buffalo will move from their spot either without a king's ransom since they are in a prime spot. I think Denver is the team we trade with, if we move up to take Gabbert. Denver would still be able to take Watt/Jordan, Amukamara, or Lieuget. Plus I don't think we have the ammo to move to 1.

wouldn't necessarily be the Panthers. We only need to move ahead of the threats to take Gabbert, if he's our guy. I think Cincy will take Gabbert at 4, but I think Buffalo won't go for him. However, I don't think Buffalo will move from their spot either without a king's ransom since they are in a prime spot. I think Denver is the team we trade with, if we move up to take Gabbert. Denver would still be able to take Watt/Jordan, Amukamara, or Lieuget. Plus I don't think we have the ammo to move to 1.

yeah i hear ya and was thinking the same. But what if you trade up with Denver to specifically get Gabbert and the Panthers take him. oops. I think if you want a specific guy you have to move to the spot you know you can definitely get him without question. So unless you're o.k. with Gabbert or Newton.. either or.. you'd have to trade w/ the Panthers and not Denver. Or you'd have to know for sure that the Panthers weren't taking a QB.

Really? I thought we were a lock to land Okung. :whoknows:

I remember a lot thought it would be Berry for a while leading up to the draft, but I also remember the week leading to the draft it was almost consensus we'd be taking OL, either Trent or Okung, and for that week it seemed most draft discussions were over which one we'd take, which of the two is better for the team, etc. Those who said we'd go with Trent because of his potential over the refined, more ready to go but lower ceiling Okung, citing Shanny's love of player potential, were correct.

---------- Post added April-25th-2011 at 03:22 PM ----------

yeah i hear ya and was thinking the same. But what if you trade up with Denver to specifically get Gabbert and the Panthers take him. oops. I think if you want a specific guy you have to move to the spot you know you can definitely get him without question. So unless you're o.k. with Gabbert or Newton.. either or.. you'd have to trade w/ the Panthers and not Denver. Or you'd have to know for sure that the Panthers weren't taking a QB.

You don't make the trade until after Carolina makes their pick.

Just meant tune in early. Draft is going to be exciting/debated no matter who is selected and its something besides a lockout.

:ols: It's that time of year when the simplest comment can be taken out of context and suddenly panic ensues.

Kick back and enjoy the lead up to the draft, people! Even if we knew what the goal was we'd then obsess about how much we'd gain/lose in a trade, what other teams will do, etc... It's nice to not think about the lockout.

Not sold?

Fine. The front office got around to reading ASF's post and we're moving up for McElroy. Book it.

I love the stuff from LL and TK and J...

...but now I'm thoroughly mind-screwed. Mission accomplished, smokie.

Been reading some "rogue scout" -- funny how he's not sold on Gabbert *or* Newton (calls them both backups) and loves Locker. Thinks Locker is going to the Vikes. Of course, he also likes Kaepernick a lot, and I can't figure that -- the dude's game film was just ugly to me from a throwing perspective.

Archived