Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor - Redskins Already Have 2 Trade-Down Pacts In Place To Gain a 2nd Rounder

3 Rings

After watching some Quinn highlights compared to some of Raks highlights while he was in college the glaring difference to me is there speed of the line Rak got of the line like a rocket while Quinn is slower to get of the line, this concerns me because by standing Quinn up we are taking him farther way from the LOS and I just do not no if he has the quickness to be a dominate pass rusher as a 3-4 OLB. Just my thoughts.

At that point in their mock, they're just trying to match systems w/ prospects. Easier to envision Kaepernik running this offense than Mallett.

There is more to running our offense at QB than being athletic. All things being equal having mobility is a plus but being a good passer who hits what they throw at and who reads coverages making good decisions comes first.

Quinns on shaky ground and theres been movement.

LOL - Not laughing at you. I am laughing because I asked what the number 1 option was and had about 10 posts saying Quinn like I was a dumbass for asking. Thursday night is going to be very interesting. Thanks again for posting LL56

There is more to running our offense at QB than being athletic. All things being equal having mobility is a plus but being a good passer who hits what they throw at and who reads coverages making good decisions comes first.

I agree with you and I believe it to be true.

But mock experts across the country don't eat, sleep, drink burgundy and gold like us and rely on notions..or really, just echoing one another.

I like your systematic approach but I think it's hard to lay the gauntlet entirely on the scouting staff. They have to unearth players to fit needs and systems. Tough job if there is zero stability in your program, you have a general manager/vp/owner(allegedly) that have serious weight in determining who gets drafted. Oh, and throw in the fact that you're constantly selling your future in trading draft picks for aged vets.... You're changing offensive philosophy every other year, 3-4 defense.. etc. etc. etc.

Well - basically - you have the Washington Redskins. Tough to throw all the mud on the scouting department.

Understood and I agree that consistency in management, staff, personnel and team philosophy/strategy is also critical. How many "gems in the rough" have we found/developed in the past 10 years? IMO round 4 - 7 and UDFA's weed out the really good scouting departments from the rest. If it were me, Management, Coaching and Scouting salary's would surpass the cap money spent on players. People would be dying to come here. Everything first rate, no BS. The players would know from reputation that its "great to go to the Redskins but they work your ass off and you earn every dollar"

If I were a rich man...

I agree with you and I believe it to be true.

But mock experts across the country don't eat, sleep, drink burgundy and gold like us and rely on notions..or really, just echoing one another.

Agreed. Which is why most national media and mock drafts are to be taken with a huge pinch of salt - they are superficial and often just lazy re hashes or based on false assumptions.

After watching some Quinn highlights compared to some of Raks highlights while he was in college the glaring difference to me is there speed of the line Rak got of the line like a rocket while Quinn is slower to get of the line, this concerns me because by standing Quinn up we are taking him farther way from the LOS and I just do not no if he has the quickness to be a dominate pass rusher as a 3-4 OLB. Just my thoughts.

I agree with you. I think Quinn is by far the most overrated prospect bandied about on this board.

So i guess this implies a trade up? God i hope not.

Who are the gems of this draft? I'd say Green and Peterson. I don't see us coveting a corner/safety.

We don't have any reliable WR that offers size. Heck, Green is probably more talented than all of our WRs combined. Perhaps a trade up would be to give Rexy a weapon on the outside. If Green drops past Cincy I'm going to be eying the TV pretty closely.

But yeah, I have no idea what's going to happen. If we stay at ten and take Watt how anti-climatic will that be?? ;)

Archived