Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor - Redskins Already Have 2 Trade-Down Pacts In Place To Gain a 2nd Rounder

3 Rings

Hi gang...just passing along info I am hearing. Take it for what its worth to you. One scenario involves Julio Jones, the other I don't know. My guess is the Rams have ponied up their 2nd if hes there. I wasn't corrected when I tossed that out. The other is a toss up. Hate to break it to the people who aren't fans of his but I'm hearing its Locker.

Locker's accuracy is an issue, however he is much better when on the move. I know Gruden said he could be a one man wrecking crew if he was on the right team. A lot of pundits seem to think Washington is one of the few teams he could thrive with. So many smoke screens though.....

I can't imagine St. Louis would give a 2nd to move up those 4 spots. A 3rd maybe (which is exactly the price per the value chart).

What if we don´t get there first round pick? They could give us there second and next years second..or something like that.

But to me it is a vague rumor..don't see a lot of convincing details.

What if we don´t get there first round pick? They could give us there second and next years second..or something like that.

But to me it is a vague rumor..don't see a lot of convincing details.

Of course, we could come with scenarios for that pick, though what you mention would be a terrible trade for us.

But my response was to the (as you say, vague) rumor in the OP, which seemed a clear implication of a trade down.

Nothing in place is 100%. Trading with st.Louis is a good possibility if Quinn is gone at ten and julio is available. Locker is still behind some other qbs.

---------- Post added April-20th-2011 at 11:41 PM ----------

Qb decision will come down to a gut call on draft day. The winner between Kyle and mike is yet to be determined.

I think San Diego could be a possible trade down target as well. They may want to jump up to grab a 3-4 DE like Watt or Jordan. This would also allow them to get ahead of New England. They have the 18th pick, two picks in the 2nd (50, 61) and two 3rds. The 10 for 18 and 50 should work. The Skins could then grab their QB at 18 and go defense and/ or RB Williams in the 2nd. Just a thought.

I see trading with StL as a strong possibility (if Jones is still on the board), but I don't see how the Skins could get their 2nd and the 14. Their 3rd I can see.

Nothing in place is 100%. Trading with st.Louis is a good possibility if Quinn is gone at ten and julio is available. Locker is still behind some other qbs.

I still see Quinn has a 43 end and a poor mans Orakpo coming out. I think he will struggle in space but I could live with the pick. I'd much rather have a more fluid stop and start athlete opposite Orakpo who can cover and play in space like Miller who will be long gone by #10.

Qb decision will come down to a gut call on draft day. The winner between Kyle and mike is yet to be determined.

Interesting so Kyle and Mike like different guys, give us some hints initials or something lol.

I'm not sold on Dalton who i've read rumored or Ponder. I think those guys should'nt sniff the top 50 players on any teams board. I'd much rather have a Tyrod Taylor/McElroy type later in the draft. And I pray 1 of those QB's don't cost us a chance to get Ryan Williams who I think is gonna be a future probowl running back i've watched him since Stonewall Jackson HS. I hate rooting for hokies but the kid is the real deal.

The dynamic between father and son HC/OC scares the bejesus out of me and this is one of the reasons why.

I think it would be a great combo if they were on the same page...it seems like they can't decide on what type of QB fits our system, like the McNabb/Grossman debacle.

I think it would be a great combo if they were on the same page...it seems like they can't decide on what type of QB fits our system, like the McNabb/Grossman debacle.

I think that if they are on different pages and one of them forces a choice (at the end of the day MS is in charge so it would likely have to be him) it could end up as a disaster. We saw what happened with the McNabb ordeal. Mike liked him and thought he was his kind of QB and would be a great fit but Kyle obviously disagreed and it really showed. Lets say MS is really that into Locker and says "we're drafting him at 10" but Kyle is not sold on him and doesn't like the pick. Then you could have another possible situation where a QB may or may not fit Kyle's system and things end up going sour somehow. If there really is still a butting of heads going on between them they need to figure out who is in charge of what and leave it that way because it isn't going to end well.

On a side note...LL do you know if there are any QB prospects in this draft that both Mike and Kyle definitely agree on and both like? Or are they pretty much on at least somewhat different pages when it comes to all of these guys?

Hi gang...just passing along info I am hearing. Take it for what its worth to you. One scenario involves Julio Jones, the other I don't know. My guess is the Rams have ponied up their 2nd if hes there. I wasn't corrected when I tossed that out. The other is a toss up. Hate to break it to the people who aren't fans of his but I'm hearing its Locker.

What type of person are you hearing this from? Player? League source? Team source? Just curious...thanks for the info by the way!

That's too bad, seems like this would rule out the McElroy possibility...was really starting to like that guy as someone that could sit on the bench and learn for a couple years and be dynamic when he gets his chance.

Archived