Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I won't argue, I'm the dumbest person on here

royallypwned

The thing he forgot to mention was not only did he leave the keys in the car with the engine running and make his Dad drive an hour and a half with the spare set, but he drives a convertable and he left the top down and the windows were wide open too. So, while he was waiting for his Dad, he stood there helplessly in the rain in the rain watching the inside of his car get flooded.

Geez.

(I once spent ten minutes trying to figure out why my printer wouldn't work. I went to control panel. I checked the plug. I looked at the ink. It took me forever to notice that the dang thing was turned off. I felt like such a doofus.)

Next time call you dad on his cell phone. Have him point the keyless entry remote at the phone and press unlock. You point your phone at your car. The frequency used on your remote can be carried through the cell phone (try it, it usually works)

I committed the biggest epic fail of my life and I have to share it because I'm in a good mood so I can laugh about it. And you will laugh at me too because I truly am a gigantic ball of idiot.

Never have I ever locked my keys in my car until tonight. But wait, there's more. I'm with three friends and we went to the Mavs playoff game. I park the car and we are walking through the lot to the arena. We are probably 50 feet from my car when I suddenly notice my car keys aren't in my pocket. I'm bewildered. I ask one of my friends and he says he just has his. I didn't even realize I left my keys in my car. Normally, people will figure out their mistake the second they close the door locked. Not me apparently.

I decide to deal with it after the game so we go ahead and walk in. But the whole first quarter, I'm in a sour mood and I'm losing the buzz I had created the last couple hours. I figure I'll have to pay $60 or so for some guy to come out and get me into my car. But I realize at halftime that my dad was just that moment arriving back in town and he has an extra key to my car. Jackpot. I can just drop by my parents' house after the game (we had two separate cars, fortunately), which isn't very far...get my key, come back, and get my car open at no cost. Cool. I'm in a great mood the rest of the game and walk out of the arena happy because the Mavs won.

So we're walking back to my car and when we are reasonably close, I can hear a motor running. And it was a very familiar sound. IT'S MY ****ING CAR with the keys still in the ignition and the car very much on. I had to get my dad to drive to the arena and drop the extra key off.

I mean, how does that happen?! I have no words. I can't even fathom how I did that. I'm prepared for the "lol cowboys fan" comments. I truly deserve it. My God...... :doh:

Meh did this like 3 or 4 times before school in high school.

Yes, I smoked a lot of pot.

First time I ever locked my keys in my car was when I was driving home from Philly after an international flight (Amsterdam). After waiting nearly 2 hours at the Wawa gas station in Woodstown, NJ the guy finally gets there to pop my lock and proceeds to lock his own keys in his car.... with all of his equipment. Ugh.

First time I ever locked my keys in my car was when I was driving home from Philly after an international flight (Amsterdam). After waiting nearly 2 hours at the Wawa gas station in Woodstown, NJ the guy finally gets there to pop my lock and proceeds to lock his own keys in his car.... with all of his equipment. Ugh.

3830751931_d745426e26.jpg

The thing he forgot to mention was not only did he leave the keys in the car with the engine running and make his Dad drive an hour and a half with the spare set, but he drives a convertable and he left the top down and the windows were wide open too. So, while he was waiting for his Dad, he stood there helplessly in the rain in the rain watching the inside of his car get flooded.

Geez.

(I once spent ten minutes trying to figure out why my printer wouldn't work. I went to control panel. I checked the plug. I looked at the ink. It took me forever to notice that the dang thing was turned off. I felt like such a doofus.)

lol liar. My dad only had to drive about 10 minutes. :pfft:

Plus, all the postgame traffic was going the opposite direction, so getting there was a piece of cake. Leaving, however, probably wasn't. :ols:

It's spelled "mind" pwned. Damn, you really did blow it, huh? :ols:

damnit!!! :(

What kind of car do you drive?

Please don't leave your car running for 3+ hours in your garage, especially if your garage is attached to your house.

Camry, and yes I can safely say this will never happen again. :ols: I never leave my car running in the garage. :)

Well if you were one of the four douchebags that were sitting in front of me just talking and updating your Facebook status, you totally deserved it. Jus jokes, great game and Go Mavs!

haha not me! Where did you sit? I was in section 118. Only reason I got such good seats is because my kick ass lawyer cousin couldn't use her company tickets and gave them to me on Friday. She is so awesome. :D

There were some funny stories in this thread, but no story beats what happened to my mother one day.

I was on my way home from a friend house, then I stopped at the gas station to fill up and whatnot. I gets a call from my mother saying I locked the keys in the car with the ignition running. She was on the shoulder on this route 50 in Maryland. I am on Florida avenue in DC. So I had to drive probably 20-25 minutes to get to her. So I got there and I opened the door for her. I looked on the other side of the car and saw that the passenger side window was down. It was down the whole time. :ols: I don't know if she panicked or what, but that was definitely a :doh: moment.

So we're walking back to my car and when we are reasonably close, I can hear a motor running. And it was a very familiar sound. IT'S MY ****ING CAR with the keys still in the ignition and the car very much on.

So, let me get this straight.

Neither you nor none of your friends heard the motor running after your shut the car doors and were positioned directly next to it - yet the motor was loud enough for you guys to hear while you were some distance away in the parking lot, walking toward it ???

That settles it....Slacky was wrong....You ARE dumber than I am, and so are all your friends :ols:

Is this you and your friends - no these guys are actually smarter - because they know with their lack of brains, they'll never have to worry about locking their keys inside of a SCOOTER :ols:

DUMB.jpg

I once locked my keys in my trunk, called a locksmith who unlocked my driver's door, the alarm went off and disabled the trunk button... Had to get someone to drive me to the dealership to get another key cut... (Luckily it was only a $13 key)

But on the bright side, since I didn't get my key, the locksmith didn't charge me...

There were some funny stories in this thread, but no story beats what happened to my mother one day.

I was on my way home from a friend house, then I stopped at the gas station to fill up and whatnot. I gets a call from my mother saying I locked the keys in the car with the ignition running. She was on the shoulder on this route 50 in Maryland. I am on Florida avenue in DC. So I had to drive probably 20-25 minutes to get to her. So I got there and I opened the door for her. I looked on the other side of the car and saw that the passenger side window was down. It was down the whole time. :ols: I don't know if she panicked or what, but that was definitely a :doh: moment.

:rotflmao: I think you win. :notworthy

So, let me get this straight.

Neither you nor none of your friends heard the motor running after your shut the car doors and were positioned directly next to it - yet the motor was loud enough for you guys to hear while you were some distance away in the parking lot, walking toward it ???

That settles it....Slacky was wrong....You ARE dumber than I am, and so are all your friends :ols:

Is this you and your friends - no these guys are actually smarter - because they know with their lack of brains, they'll never have to worry about locking their keys inside of a SCOOTER :ols:

yep that pretty much is it. :( Like I said...no idea. And I wasn't just next to my car, the door was open and I still didn't hear anything. And then I locked it and closed it and walked on like it was nothing. :doh: There had to have been a loud car/truck going by. Something drowned out the sound. That's my only explanation. However, don't think that any of my friends were stupid. All the stupidity lies with me. :(

I paid the price for it this morning. I get in my car and try to start it, but nothing. I just sat there thinking "****..." But after about 5 minutes of keeping at it, I finally got the car started. So I went straight to have it looked at. Fortunately it was just the battery and not the starter, so it was a quick fix. I was in and out of there in about 15 minutes. Got to work late, but at least my car works. :doh:

I committed the biggest epic fail of my life and I have to share it because I'm in a good mood so I can laugh about it. And you will laugh at me too because I truly am a gigantic ball of idiot.

Lol...cowboys fan :)

Seriously, at least you didn't put a still-smoldering grill under your car and blow it up (like someone did at the Skins-Steelers game 2 years ago...)

I am there with you... a few years ago my wife and I went to Sams Club and before parking were arguing over what type of Christmas tree to get (real or fake)... I got really flustered b/c she acts like these type of things were life changing decisions... anyway - we park and go in and on the way out I go for my keys and they are not there.. I open the car door to find it running but not in Park - it was in DRIVE... the car parked on an incline so it was just sitting there idling in DRIVE for 30 minutes.

I blame my wife for not wanting a fake christmas tree.

lol, Cowboys fan
Lol...cowboys fan :)

:(

I am there with you... a few years ago my wife and I went to Sams Club and before parking were arguing over what type of Christmas tree to get (real or fake)... I got really flustered b/c she acts like these type of things were life changing decisions... anyway - we park and go in and on the way out I go for my keys and they are not there.. I open the car door to find it running but not in Park - it was in DRIVE... the car parked on an incline so it was just sitting there idling in DRIVE for 30 minutes.

I blame my wife for not wanting a fake christmas tree.

Thank god for the incline! :ols: wow that's crazy. And yep, you definitely got distracted, just like me. At least you are aware of what distracted you. I have no clue what distracted me. That's why it's driving me insane thinking about it. :ols:

Man I just locked my keys in the car after lunch.

I wasn't john blaze either, at least not yet.

Luckily I left my windows cracked about 3 inches. I was able to put half my forearm in with a long ass screw driver with electrical tape on the end to unlock my door. Talk about ingenuity :D

Archived