Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I won't argue, I'm the dumbest person on here

royallypwned

I committed the biggest epic fail of my life and I have to share it because I'm in a good mood so I can laugh about it. And you will laugh at me too because I truly am a gigantic ball of idiot.

Never have I ever locked my keys in my car until tonight. But wait, there's more. I'm with three friends and we went to the Mavs playoff game. I park the car and we are walking through the lot to the arena. We are probably 50 feet from my car when I suddenly notice my car keys aren't in my pocket. I'm bewildered. I ask one of my friends and he says he just has his. I didn't even realize I left my keys in my car. Normally, people will figure out their mistake the second they close the door locked. Not me apparently.

I decide to deal with it after the game so we go ahead and walk in. But the whole first quarter, I'm in a sour mood and I'm losing the buzz I had created the last couple hours. I figure I'll have to pay $60 or so for some guy to come out and get me into my car. But I realize at halftime that my dad was just that moment arriving back in town and he has an extra key to my car. Jackpot. I can just drop by my parents' house after the game (we had two separate cars, fortunately), which isn't very far...get my key, come back, and get my car open at no cost. Cool. I'm in a great mood the rest of the game and walk out of the arena happy because the Mavs won.

So we're walking back to my car and when we are reasonably close, I can hear a motor running. And it was a very familiar sound. IT'S MY ****ING CAR with the keys still in the ignition and the car very much on. I had to get my dad to drive to the arena and drop the extra key off.

I mean, how does that happen?! I have no words. I can't even fathom how I did that. I'm prepared for the "lol cowboys fan" comments. I truly deserve it. My God...... :doh:

Dude you're lucky your **** didn't get jacked lol

One of my friends said the exact same thing. We got to the arena later than I had planned, so I parked at probably 8:25 CT. Game time was 8:30, which of course means not until 8:45. But my point is that most everyone was already there and parked. We were towards the back of the lot and we came back out there immediately after the game. So one of the last ones in; one of the first ones out.

mine = blown at myself tonight.

I want to know why you were drinking and driving. :whoknows:

At least that's what I gathered from "losing the buzz I had created the last couple hours."

yeah I should have phrased that better. I had a beer a few hours before the game, while I was watching another game. The buzz had nothing to do with alcohol. It was from simply having a fun day up to that point, watching games and relaxing. Yeah, now you can choose whether or not to believe me. :ols: But it's true. :paranoid:

Nah, that title belongs to Mickalino.

Weird. Figured that when a Cowboys fan is putting himself out there as the biggest idiot ever, Skins fans would take it and run with it. :ols:

I spent a little bit of time working at a grocery store when I was 15, and I discovered a minivan sitting in the parking garage with the doors unlocked and the engine running. Must've been a cowboy's fan.

At least the doors were unlocked. :ols: Not mine! :doh:

If you were stoned, I'd say "That's cool". Apparently you weren't and you still did something completely dumb. Therefore you are truly stupid. I'd hate to see what kind of dumb stuff you'd do if you were a pothead.

PS: Both of the times that I locked the keys in my car, I was high. That was almost a decade ago though and I'm a wiser man now.

So wait, was anyone riding with you? Why didn't any of you notice you had left the car running?

And I once had a similar experience. Mine might have been even worse than yours. A friend and I had driven a couple of hours to watch a college football game at UNC. Anyway, we get there, and unlike you, I immediately notice that I had locked my keys in the car. So being the great guy that I am, I tell my friend to go on in, and I'll wait on the guy to come and unlock the car, and then I'd meet him in there. So anyway, our tickets were general admission, and I couldn't find him once inside. So basically he and I ended up watching the game by ourselves.:doh:

Edit: And before anyone asks, this was before the cellphone craze. So neither of us had one.

If you were stoned, I'd say "That's cool". Apparently you weren't and you still did something completely dumb. Therefore you are truly stupid. I'd hate to see what kind of dumb stuff you'd do if you were a pothead.

PS: Both of the times that I locked the keys in my car, I was high. That was almost a decade ago though and I'm a wiser man now.

yeah I was completely in the right frame of mind. At least I think so. I can't understand how that happened. It's almost like a section of my brain went missing for a few minutes.

So wait, was anyone riding with you? Why didn't any of you notice you had left the car running?

And I once had a similar experience. Mine might have been even worse than yours. Me and a friend had driven a couple of hours to watch a college football game at UNC. Anyway, we get there, and unlike you, I immediately notice that I had locked my keys in the car. So being the great guy that I am, I tell my friend to go on in, and I'll wait on the guy to come and unlock the car, and then I'd meet him in there. So anyway, our tickets were general admission, and I couldn't find him once inside. So basically he and I ended up watching the game by ourselves.:doh:

:ols: that's why I decided to just wait to deal with it after the game. I didn't want to have to wait on someone and miss part of the game. It was the playoffs damnit. Maybe for a regular season game.

And yes, there were two others in my car. I was the last person to get out of the car, so they wouldn't have paid attention. And I guess there must have been other cars that kept me from hearing the engine? I have no ****ing clue. I must have been distracted when I put the car in park and opened my door. Like someone said something to me. Had to be. That's the only way I can possibly think of for why I left the car running without realizing it. :doh:

unlocked doors means anyone can hop in and drive away with it.

ah yes, duh of course. They definitely had a stronger chance of a bad result. But at least I can understand leaving your car on with the doors unlocked. I've done that before for very short periods of time. What I can't understand is not only locking your keys in your car with the car running, but not even realizing you left your car on. :doh:

...So, if you do something while stoned, its "cool", but if you do something similar while sober, its "truly stupid"? Wow. A mistake can't just be a mistake, and the glorification of stupidity while on drugs continues.

(And this is from someone who fully supports the legalization of marijuana. I just think this viewpoint is stupid)

...So, if you do something while stoned, its "cool", but if you do something similar while sober, its "truly stupid"? Wow. A mistake can't just be a mistake, and the glorification of stupidity while on drugs continues.

(And this is from someone who fully supports the legalization of marijuana. I just think this viewpoint is stupid)

Well yes. People who are high do dumb things. People who are completely sober also do dumb things. The people who are high have an excuse. They don't call it dope for nothing.

Now stop trying to make excuses for the Cowboys fan. As evidenced, he's just a dumb person.

I won't argue, I'm the dumbest person on here
Nah, that title belongs to Mickalino.
Weird. Figured that when a Cowboys fan is putting himself out there as the biggest idiot ever, Skins fans would take it and run with it. :

I guess royallypwned and I will have to have a Death Match or Cage Match to settle who's the Dumberest. :redpunch:

Weird. Figured that when a Cowboys fan is putting himself out there as the biggest idiot ever, Skins fans would take it and run with it. :ols:

Nah, see, you think that because that's what Cowboys fans would do if roles were reversed. I mean, I don't blame you, it's what you're used to.

Skins fans are classier than that. ;)

I guess royallypwned and I will have to have a Death Match or Cage Match to settle who's the Dumberest. :redpunch:

duel.gif

---------- Post added April-17th-2011 at 04:24 AM ----------

Nah, see, you think that because that's what Cowboys fans would do if roles were reversed. I mean, I don't blame you, it's what you're used to.

Skins fans are classier than that. ;)

At least we aren't Eagles fans. :ols:

I once locked my keys in my car while it was running too. So maybe you are not that stupid. Either that, or maybe I am.

On the other hand, when I did it I immediately realized what I had done, and I had just started driving. So maybe you are stupid after all.

Kidding, of course. We have all done stuff like this before.

You aren't

I probably know the least about football, baseball, and hockey

Lot of people throw out these sabermetric stuff I don't know while I only announce game events and broadcasting aspects of the game lol, same thing with football, people are like WHY DON'T THEY CALL HOLDING ON [iNSERT REDSKINS OPPONENT] BLATANT PENALTY **** and I am like "How can you see that from so far away!"

Archived