Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From DRAFT HEADQUARTERS BLOG - 4/13/2011 Draft (fine i will change it) Stuff

bedlamVR

10. Washington – This is where it gets extremely interesting. The Redskins have their eye on Blaine Gabbert and Jake Locker as opposed to Cam Newton and Ryan Mallett. With that said, they are candidates to swing a deal and trade up for Gabbert as well as take Locker at No. 10 overall. I’ve been told that Mark Ingram’s camp is trying to convince people that Washington is looking to take him with the 10th pick, but that’s not going to happen. The Redskins are COMMITTED to landing a quarterback in the first two rounds this spring.

Clink on the link for more .....

http://draftheadquarters.com/dhqblogs/

Yeah, that would mean kissing our #1 pick next year goodbye. :mad:

Hey in Shanahan I trust even when he decided to trade for McNabb...

---------- Post added April-14th-2011 at 09:46 AM ----------

Get the mods in here, this is a misleading title! :(

my goodness

A bidding war with Cincy and Zona to move up to #2? I really don't see it. It would just cost way too much considering we'd have to contend with teams who would be giving up much higher picks than us. We would probably have to give up this year's 1st, next year's 1st and probably more. I love Gabbert as a prospect, but it just isn't worth it. At this point I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that he will be, one way or the other, gone when our pick comes. I'd rather us trade down if possible. The next tier of QBs behind Newton and Gabbert aren't nearly worth a 10th overall pick so Locker or Ponder or Dalton would be big time reaches there. If we can't trade back, get the BPA for need at 10 and then see what happens in the 2nd.

I hate the "COMMITTED" to finding a QB in the first two rounds. That is BS. We should listen to our draft board.

It seems like teams are more desperate than ever and are willing to select a QB just to say they selected a QB. I believe next year's class will be better than this year's class, so I hate that we're committed to finding a solution this year.

Look at Carolina with Jimmy Clausen. Just one year later they are going to replace him with Newton and essentially make Clausen irrelevant. Although that's better than them passing on Newton out of stubborn commitment to Clausen.

I'm come to the conclusion that I don't want a QB early in this draft. I'd be much happier with a Tyrod Taylor or McElroy late in the draft as a project and future backup. We should let other teams reach wildly for QBs this year and then we'd have less competition for QBs next year.

Trading up for Gabbert is about the biggest mistake we could make! He is NOT worth it and we can't afford to waste our picks away yet again.If they are gonna go anywhere it had better be trading down.The only QB we should target in the first(and only if we trade down)is Locker..if he is still there.Otherwise You got Ponder,Dalton,Kaepernick and Stanzi to choose from in 2nd and 3rd(granted were given a 3rd in trade down).Plenty of talent left in the pool without sacrificing picks.I got a bad feeling about Gabbert coming from the spread and I just don't have a good feeling about him.I pray Shanny and Bruce stay away.

Von Miller is the only one I'd trade up for, otherwise stay here or if they really wanna go QB, go for someone in round 2 like Ponder/Locker (which it doesn't seem like either of them will be available). Or McElroy later on. I'd be happy spending a late round pick on him, anything after the first 4 rounds, he's smart and he is a winner. McElroy in the 5th plus Julio Jones with the first pick would be quite awesome.

I don't think there's a QB in this years draft that is special enough to warrent taking in the first round. I'd take Mark Ingram before I would one of these Quarterbacks because I know Mark Ingram will be extremely successful. He's the best Running Back to come out since Adrian Peterson, although they are both different. Adrian is much faster than Ingram, but Ingram is still shifty with possibly even better vision as crazy as that sounds. They are both work horse powerful Running Backs as well. I see Mark Ingram as a future hall of fame running back who can carry the load 25-30 times per game and have about 15-20 TDs per year. The guy rock solid. I know we don't like the Cowboys, but an accurate comparison would be to Emmit Smith, who we know is a Hall of Fame RB. They both have similar size, power, and vision. Ingram might be a little more shifty though.

I'd stear clear of the QBs in this years draft unless it's later and one falls to you. It's just not going to pay out with the price of a 1st round pick. At best you have a 50/50 shot at landing a QB that will be a decent starter for you for the next 10 years. I'd rather take a sure thing like Mark Ingram instead of taking a raffle ticket.

Archived