Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Norm MacDonald's "The Sports Show" on Comedy Central

Bang

So I watched Norm MacDonald's new "Sports Show" last night on Comedy Central, and I was laughing pretty hard thru much of the show.

the first part of the show was him doing "Weekend update" style news about sports, and it was pretty amusing.

Hope this show lasts. I've always liked Norm, his delivery is funny as hell.

Sports is a huge area that no one has properly made fun of, and I'm glad to see this show. It sure is a hell of a lot funnier than that awful Onion Sports show they tried out a few months ago.

Anyone else watch it? What did you think?

~Bang

laughed a few times, but it was on after Tosh.O and Tosh.O blows "The Sports Show" out of the water by far. The jokes were too forced and he lost his words a lot. It was old news too like the guy getting hit by the ice cream truck, although very funny still, its old news. Im a guy that laughs at stupid humor non stop but this show might not last

I used to enjoy Tosh, but honestly, I get sick of him being naked in every joke, and watching people puke isn't funny very often.

being something of a sports humorist myself, I know how much material there is to work with, and I know how easy it can be to make fun of a lot of what goes on. In time they'll get by the old news (even tho the way they did the Ice Cream Truck guy was pretty funny. I laughed even though I knew it.) and if they've got good writers they should have a gold mine in which to work.

Norm's delivery is always sort of scattershot.. I like how he reacts to the audience reaction.

~Bang

Big fan of Norm, but I was worried about the show given the commercials, which I thought were pretty bad. Liked the show, though. Had me cracking up several times. And yeah, his delivery is part of his comedy. You either love it or hate it.

I liked the first show, and I'm a Norm fan too. I noticed the Weekend Update style also, and if they stick with that then they may have a good show. I hope it lasts, but it's too early to know for sure. I much prefer this to the awful onion sportsdome though.

I laughed a lot during last night's show. His line about Khloe Kardashian's and Lamar Odom's show was simple yet hilarious (It's a perfect combination of basketball and a bucket of ****.)

Also, his line at the end about the Dirty Jobs guy being a prostitute for one show had me rolling.

Norm often plays "to the back of the room", and it's definitely not for everyone, but I hope his show succeeds, because I'm big fan of Norm.

I never knew about this show, aahhhh! I love Norm and I'm upset now. I rarely watch tv so I must have missed the commercials for it.

I saw Norm back in October at the DC Improv and it was the funniest thing ever. He killed the place. He barely had a script and was just taking random jokes and comments from the audience and proceeded to turn the place upside-down lol. Nothing was safe or sacred. The man is a comedy pro and razor-sharp.

Well now I gotta hunt down that show now. Thanks for the heads up.

I used to enjoy Tosh, but honestly, I get sick of him being naked in every joke, and watching people puke isn't funny very often.

being something of a sports humorist myself, I know how much material there is to work with, and I know how easy it can be to make fun of a lot of what goes on. In time they'll get by the old news (even tho the way they did the Ice Cream Truck guy was pretty funny. I laughed even though I knew it.) and if they've got good writers they should have a gold mine in which to work.

Norm's delivery is always sort of scattershot.. I like how he reacts to the audience reaction.

~Bang

Ill give the show another try for sure before I totally give up on it... and yes, tosh is naked a lot which is just an add on to make the show more interesting but it does get annoying. His last stand up was horrible. I get compared to Tosh a lot, thats my main reason for watching lol

I watched his stand up special beforehand... The last joke had me laughing so hard...

I'm from LA, so we promise to enjoy your football team more (He was in San Fran) when they come back down. (Guy from crowd yells out "Enjoy OJ too") Norm says "You know I've changed my opinion on OJ, I mean he shouldn't be doing 3 life sentences right now... You know, he took his own shirt, you shouldn't get jail time for taking back your own property" "But right now he's wishing he had gotten convicted on that there double murder thing, because in prison there's a pecking order, and I'll tell you one thing, stealing your own shirt is pretty far down on the list"

I watched his stand up special beforehand... The last joke had me laughing so hard...

I'm from LA, so we promise to enjoy your football team more (He was in San Fran) when they come back down. (Guy from crowd yells out "Enjoy OJ too") Norm says "You know I've changed my opinion on OJ, I mean he shouldn't be doing 3 life sentences right now... You know, he took his own shirt, you shouldn't get jail time for taking back your own property" "But right now he's wishing he had gotten convicted on that there double murder thing, because in prison there's a pecking order, and I'll tell you one thing, stealing your own shirt is pretty far down on the list"

I saw that too.

The other bit he did, about TV news. And the missing woman. It started and I was like "What the **** is he talking about?" By the end of the bit I was dying......

Norm is one of the very few people who has the ability to tell a bad joke and still be funny. I didn't think this show was on yet, so I'll have to figure out when it's on.

I actually think that Norm is at his best when he tells a bad joke. The sarcastic comments he makes afterward slay me.

Ill give the show another try for sure before I totally give up on it... and yes, tosh is naked a lot which is just an add on to make the show more interesting but it does get annoying. His last stand up was horrible. I get compared to Tosh a lot, thats my main reason for watching lol

Disagree. I liked Tosh's last stand-up. (Not as good as his previous one on CC, but still good.) Both Tosh and Norm have the tendency to make jokes that maybe a dozen people in the room will understand, but you're one of those dozen people, they're ****ing hilarious.

I've seen that YouTube video plenty of times, and that segment still had me cracking up because of the delivery. (Again, you either love it or you hate it.)

"

I saw it too, and he did have me laughing very hard most of the show.

His pantomime of sex was funny.. who gets laid like that? I think if i started flailing my arms like that, my wife might call 911.

~Bang

I saw it too, and he did have me laughing very hard most of the show.

His pantomime of sex was funny.. who gets laid like that? I think if i started flailing my arms like that, my wife might call 911.

~Bang

My parents went out to Seattle to visit my brother and they all drove down to Portland to watch him, they kept trying to explain the "delicious cheese sandwich" bit to me, but never could...

Archived