Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Schedule Release?

FunBunch7

Will you go to any Virginia Destroyers games?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Will you go to any Virginia Destroyers games?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Obviously in any other year we would have had the NFL Schedule released by now. I assume due to the lockout they are not releasing it or even constructing it for that matter, but I have a question...

We are due to play the NFC West this coming season (which by the way has me licking my chops). The last time we played the NFC West was in 2008. that year we hosted BOTH Arizona and St Louis. The way it is SUPPOSED to work is that the sites for the games when under the divisional rotation is supposed to alternate. That would have us playing AT Arizona and St Louis this coming season. However, if you go to NFL.com or any other site for that matter it has us play HOST to Arizona yet again. I am assuming this is just a mistake. Can anyone clarify this?

Keep in mind that there is another rotation based on where a team finishes in the standings ie, the 3rd place team will play the other 3rd place teams in the conference etc. But I know for a fact that the divisional rotation is not determined by order of finish. The NFL did this so every team would play at every stadium on a calculated schedule.

Here is the link to nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/interactive

I thought I read somewhere the league is working on 2 sets of schedules. One for the full 16 games and one that accounts for a shortend season that excludes NFC teams playing any AFC TEAMS that way only NFC teams play eachother to decide playoffs spots based on division and conference records. So we would play 2 games each as normal vs the NFC EAST and then however many games against the NFC WEST depending how long the lockout lasts.

Obviously in any other year we would have had the NFL Schedule released by now. I assume due to the lockout they are not releasing it or even constructing it for that matter, but I have a question...

We are due to play the NFC West this coming season (which by the way has me licking my chops). The last time we played the NFC West was in 2008. that year we hosted BOTH Arizona and St Louis. The way it is SUPPOSED to work is that the sites for the games when under the divisional rotation is supposed to alternate. That would have us playing AT Arizona and St Louis this coming season. However, if you go to NFL.com or any other site for that matter it has us play HOST to Arizona yet again. I am assuming this is just a mistake. Can anyone clarify this?

Keep in mind that there is another rotation based on where a team finishes in the standings ie, the 3rd place team will play the other 3rd place teams in the conference etc. But I know for a fact that the divisional rotation is not determined by order of finish. The NFL did this so every team would play at every stadium on a calculated schedule.

well, last year there wasnt a lockout, and the nfl didnt release the schedule until 2 days before the draft (the tuesday night before the draft). so thats probably what will happen this year too.

---------- Post added April-9th-2011 at 10:41 PM ----------

well, last year there wasnt a lockout, and the nfl didnt release the schedule until 2 days before the draft (the tuesday night before the draft). so thats probably what will happen this year too.

Getting used to the idea of NO NFL for this season. I think a LOT of people are!!! I for one, am really sick and tired of all the whining that goes on from a bunch of men getting paid MILLIONS of Dollars to PLAY A GAME. If you paid me $100,000 a year and told me I could make my living playing football, I'd be the happiest man alive, but not these crybabies. Baseball has STILL not recovered from all of their strikes. The NFL should be careful what they wish for!!!

If this is true and it does make sense, then our schedule got that much easier as we wouldn't be playing the Patriots or the Jets next season. Two of the harder teams we would have had to play in a 16 game season.

It seriously takes 5 mins to make up the schedule. They could release it on the saturday if the lockout interferes with the season. Its a computer program.

Not even close, especially when you factor SNF and MNF games, making sure cities with 2 teams/1 stadium (Jets/Giants) dont have home games on the same day, etc. Example, last season after we traded for Mcnabb, the schedule was delayed because the NFL wanted to move one of the Redskins/Eagles games to Monday night and another to late afternoon. The process is all about drawing TV ratings so the next network that wants to make a bid on the NFL package pays a kings ransom.

Schedule = Best Ratings = more money from FOX/CBS/ESPN

Archived