Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Schedule Release?

FunBunch7

Will you go to any Virginia Destroyers games?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Will you go to any Virginia Destroyers games?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I'm just hoping this is wrong. It's the Arizona game that has me up in arms. In 2008 we hosted AZ when we played the entire NFC West, so this time around the game should be in AZ. Living in Colorado, I will drive to the game if it's in AZ.

We were supposed to play in Arizona, but the NFL switched it around so teams don't have to travel back and forth out west so much and vice versa. We were supposed to get Seattle at home this year.

Not even close, especially when you factor SNF and MNF games, making sure cities with 2 teams/1 stadium (Jets/Giants) dont have home games on the same day, etc. Example, last season after we traded for Mcnabb, the schedule was delayed because the NFL wanted to move one of the Redskins/Eagles games to Monday night and another to late afternoon. The process is all about drawing TV ratings so the next network that wants to make a bid on the NFL package pays a kings ransom.

Schedule = Best Ratings = more money from FOX/CBS/ESPN

thank you. The post you replied to was so full of fail. Besides all that you mentioned, the schedule makers have to look at the stadiums that have MLB and other sports played there, including stadiums that host other events like concerts, and make sure that they are not scheduling a game during one of those events. It is a very painstaking process that takes weeks, if not months to complete.

thank you. The post you replied to was so full of fail. Besides all that you mentioned, the schedule makers have to look at the stadiums that have MLB and other sports played there, including stadiums that host other events like concerts, and make sure that they are not scheduling a game during one of those events. It is a very painstaking process that takes weeks, if not months to complete.

Only the Dolphins and Raiders have to deal with baseball teams in their stadium. All the other stadiums have no other tennets in them. As far as concerts go, I imagine that all the Sunday/Monday dates are kept open from Sept to Jan by the teams themselves. I can't imagine the NFL working around a Bono concert.

Only the Dolphins and Raiders have to deal with baseball teams in their stadium. All the other stadiums have no other tennets in them. As far as concerts go, I imagine that all the Sunday/Monday dates are kept open from Sept to Jan by the teams themselves. I can't imagine the NFL working around a Bono concert.
You may not be able to imagine, but that doesn't mean it isn't so. Just last year there was a game that was in question due to the field conditions from a concert the night before (I can't remember what game or band at the moment), so this does happen. Plus, many stadiums host other special events. Fed Ex has hosted college games, for instance, and many times those games are scheduled a couple years in advanced.

Archived