Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Politics: Things You Like

btfoom

48÷2(9+3)=?????  

196 members have voted

1. 1. 48÷2(9+3)=?????

Yay!

I love tennis, too. I play as often as I can,, now that the weather's better I'll play 5 or 6 times a week thru November.

~Bang

Awesome! I'm so excited to be back playing tennis; it's a blast meeting new people, competing, and challenging myself to get better at a sport I love so much. It's definitely more difficult playing at high altitude (we're at about 7,000)....a lot different than being able to just hit the crap out of the ball like I could do at sea level in Cali. I've become much more adept at topspin now :D

If I'm ever back in MD for a visit, I'm PMing you to play a match!! That would be a blast!

Awesome! I'm so excited to be back playing tennis; it's a blast meeting new people, competing, and challenging myself to get better at a sport I love so much. It's definitely more difficult playing at high altitude (we're at about 7,000)....a lot different than being able to just hit the crap out of the ball like I could do at sea level in Cali. I've become much more adept at topspin now :D

If I'm ever back in MD for a visit, I'm PMing you to play a match!! That would be a blast!

You're on!

I played with a Babolat racket today,, a guy brought some samples over.. man, that thing spoiled me BAD in about 15 minutes. After warming up and hitting a bit with it, I picked up my racket, a Prince Thunderhead, not a half bad racket... and it felt like a toy in my hand compared to the Babolat. It was designed for control, and doesn't generate a lot of power,, which was great because I like to spin the crap out of the ball, and I like to hit it hard.. the racket pretty much insists I swing it hard, and the ball remains exactly in control. Beautiful.

I asked him how much he wanted.. told me it was a steal at $185.. i told him i'd much rather steal it and gave it back.. but wow, it took me a few points to get back used to playing with mine.

So now I know what I'm saving up for.

~Bang

You're on!

I played with a Babolat racket today,, a guy brought some samples over.. man, that thing spoiled me BAD in about 15 minutes. After warming up and hitting a bit with it, I picked up my racket, a Prince Thunderhead, not a half bad racket... and it felt like a toy in my hand compared to the Babolat. It was designed for control, and doesn't generate a lot of power,, which was great because I like to spin the crap out of the ball, and I like to hit it hard.. the racket pretty much insists I swing it hard, and the ball remains exactly in control. Beautiful.

I asked him how much he wanted.. told me it was a steal at $185.. i told him i'd much rather steal it and gave it back.. but wow, it took me a few points to get back used to playing with mine.

So now I know what I'm saving up for.

~Bang

I just switched to a new Babolat! I had a Babolat from my days messing around in college, but its head was huge (110 sq. in) and had way too much power, particularly at this altitude. The tennis pros at the club were like "Katie, you're out of control, let's demo some new racquets and take it down a notch..." I ended up with the Aero Storm Babolat (98 sq. in.) and got it strung with 17 guage some string (I forget) at 58 lbs. I absolutely love it because I already have plenty of power and don't need a big head size racquet to give me more power...I need more access to spin and control, and this racquet's perfect. It was definitely pricey, particularly with the custom stringing, but it's worth it.

One thing you can think about to cut down on price, is to see if they have a demo racquet that's been used that you can just buy. I bought the first racquet off one of my club's pros who's sponsored by Babolat so he was able to give me a bit of a deal. I bought an additional one to always have with me in case my strings break at a tournament, and that one I bought from the demo's the club had on hand. Yeah, it was slightly used, but the pro had just had it strung and he threw in an extra plastic frame protector that you string onto the top of the racquet for free. In total, my second Aero Storm was only $65! So, definitely check around because you can get good deals sometimes.

By the way, do you know which Babolat you tested? While I'm not sure which Babolat you tested, but the frames are for most of their lines are standard at $185 - $189. Then it's usually an extra $30ish to get it strung. So if you can get the racquet in good condition, having been recently strung for $185 total, then that's a good deal!

I like hockey. I play in a league that runs year round, summer league and winter league. I also go ice skating at least once a week as well. Watching hockey is fun but playing hockey is so much better.

I like video games but I don't really play all that much. The only games I own right now are Black Ops and NHL 11.

I like hanging out with good friends and family. Kicking back and having drinks, listening to music and having a good laugh.

I like being married... seriously.

Congrats

I'm a film junkie. Always watching movies during my down time.

I really like watching sports (obviously, I'm on a football forum, aren't I?). By that I mean ALL sports. I haven't found one yet that doesn't hold my attention.

I like to ride my bike on a nice day. And I've been doing a good bit of reading lately.

I like nature but I hate roughing it.

I like travelling to distant places but I hate being stuck in airplanes.

I like reading, but I never quite finish most books.

I like good food, especially cheap hole in the wall good ethnic food.

I like my family - well, I really love my family.

I love slim brunette women with brains, attitude and velvet chokers on their long elegant necks. :paranoid:

I love playing with my little girl, I do bjj and mma (might have a fight coming up in the next several months), softball, basketball, used to play indoor football but Dulles is just too far of a drive right now, grilling, taking apart computers....or any electronics really, and modding them, scaring my wife when she gets home from work, and playing video games.

Other than dealing with three kids... other than the Skins in the fall... I am a musician and try to record music I write (guitar, bass and drums) and I like photography as well... I love to BBQ (steaks especially) but I am not particularly great at any of them but I enjoy these hobbies. Also, if I could, I would see a movie in a theater at least once per week for the rest of my life.

Archived