Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Politics: Things You Like

btfoom

48÷2(9+3)=?????  

196 members have voted

1. 1. 48÷2(9+3)=?????

Just curios, please let us know a few (non Political) things you like to do in your non-work, non-ESPosting times.

For example, I coach two soccer teams, like to play soccer, like to fish, and like to watch action movies.

I heart tennis. After years of sitting on my ass in grad school writing papers and being lazy, I decided it was time to get back into competitive sports (other than standing on the sidelines, coaching). I picked up a tennis racquet again last year (I played in high school) and started back up at a local tennis club. I now play in 3 different club leagues and am a member of two USTA teams. I play about 12-14 hours a week now between matches and drilling...so that pretty much takes up most of my time when I'm not working. I love the challenge!

I also love to travel the world...I'm planning a trip to Turkey this fall for the Greco Roman Wrestling World Championships.

Reading. I'm always up for a good book.

There's nothing I enjoy more than spending the entire day composing music.

I also really enjoy graphic design, animation/3d modeling, and writing short stories, though I rarely find time to do those due to my involvement in my music.

(but you knew that already).
Maybe...

In all seriousness, that's really cool that you got to perform Tai Chi at the Chinese Embassy. That's a big honor! Thanks for sharing :)

---------- Post added April-8th-2011 at 11:27 PM ----------

There's nothing I enjoy more than spending the entire day composing music.

That's a really neat passion. I don't have a functioning artsy side of my brain, like my mom and even my husband do. I'm always in awe of people who can compose music, play music, paint, draw, write imaginative stories, and other artistic things. Tres cool!

I like seeing name not not in the Obituaries

If it is not there then i have had a good day

Holy ****. My friend was just telling me, the other day, about an old geezer who comes in to his work every morning and says those exact words when asked "how are you doing, today?"

"If I wake up in the morning, and my name's not in the Obituaries, I know it'll be a good day". Without fail. Every day. Are you sure you're from MD?

Holy ****. My friend was just telling me, the other day, about an old geezer who comes in to his work every morning and says those exact words when asked "how are you doing, today?"

"If I wake up in the morning, and my name's not in the Obituaries, I know it'll be a good day". Without fail. Every day. Are you sure you're from MD?

My grandfather used to tell me that. He said he would get up in the morning and look for his name in the OBs and if it was not there he would go back to sleep

He also said he hated to see grandma get up on the cold mornings and start the wood stove so he would roll over and turn his back to her

He was a character

Outside of watching football? :silly:

I love to read. Huge reader.

I'm big into intramural sports. Especially flag football and ultimate frisbee.

I alternate weeks going to friends' parties or going to the bar, on a Thursday and Friday nights.

Don't watch much TV other than Sports Center when its not football season. But I'll watch a TV show for 6 hours straight with my girlfriend, when we're in the mood. We usually watch them streaming on Netflix or streaming elsewhere online. We just got into House recently, and Parks and Recreation. We always start at the beginning and catch up through the whole series before we really watch anything else. Love doing that, you really get sucked into the story that way. Some shows are just so much better that way, like Dexter, True Blood, and Supernatural.

I'm big into staying up waaay past normal hours, and then sleeping late. Not having class till noon will do that to a person. I like the quiet hours at night. That's when I'm most productive, be it school work or anything else.

My ideal day is a Spring day, 70 degrees out and breezy, I like to call them "shorts and hoodie" days. Play a pick-up game of tackle football or basketball during the day, grill up a couple of great cheeseburgers later on. Then it starts POURING, like at a biblical level, as it gets dark. And I spend the rest of the night near a window reading a great book.

Oh, I also like challenging the conventions in my family. When I'm around my ultra-conservative and semi-racist older family members, I like to talk about my non-straight or non-white friends. Get the tension high and the atmosphere awkward. And act totally oblivious to how put off they are.

These are all things I really like, and probably more than you wanted to know :ols:

I like hockey. I play in a league that runs year round, summer league and winter league. I also go ice skating at least once a week as well. Watching hockey is fun but playing hockey is so much better.

I like video games but I don't really play all that much. The only games I own right now are Black Ops and NHL 11.

I like hanging out with good friends and family. Kicking back and having drinks, listening to music and having a good laugh.

I like being married... seriously.

I like...making stuff I guess. Traditional visual arts like painting, pottery, sculpting.

But my parents purchased 4 acres that were neglected and I love hacking away at the jungle and reclaiming it. I like tiling floors, upholstering furniture, etc. They all give me the same feeling I get when I make a sculpture or throw a large bowl on the wheel.

So I guess I enjoy physically demanding projects that result in something beautiful. :whoknows:

I heart tennis. After years of sitting on my ass in grad school writing papers and being lazy, I decided it was time to get back into competitive sports (other than standing on the sidelines, coaching). I picked up a tennis racquet again last year (I played in high school) and started back up at a local tennis club. I now play in 3 different club leagues and am a member of two USTA teams. I play about 12-14 hours a week now between matches and drilling...so that pretty much takes up most of my time when I'm not working. I love the challenge!

I also love to travel the world...I'm planning a trip to Turkey this fall for the Greco Roman Wrestling World Championships.

Reading. I'm always up for a good book.

Yay!

I love tennis, too. I play as often as I can,, now that the weather's better I'll play 5 or 6 times a week thru November.

I enjoy reading American history and historical fiction, particularly the works of Jeff Shaara. (He has written a book about each of America's wars from the revolution on thru WW2 now. They're outstanding, especially The civil war trilogy that he wrote with his father. Perhaps my favorite book is "The Killer Angels" by Michael Shaara (Dad) about the battle of Gettysburg. (2nd of the trilogy) Awesome book. Exciting and accurate, I highly recommend it to anyone interested in American history.

I love comics books. I'm the biggest dork there is with them. I don't buy them anymore,, too expensive.. but I do collect hardcover editions, especially Marvel Masterworks. Hulk is my favorite. Puny Human! Hulk Smash! Kills me every time.

I LOVE music. I am a rock and roll fan, and love it so much I do a 3 hour internet radio show every week playing obscure songs and new stuff I hear. I play guitar, but not very well. Well enough to please myself, I suppose.

~Bang

Boobies. :silly:

Stole my answer! :ols:

Well, apart from that, I love spending time with friends and family. We don't even need to do anything special, just being around them is good enough

Obviously, I love sports. Apart from the fact that I find many of them to be entertaining, there's something compelling about competition as a whole. I'll steal a quote from Wide World of Sports: "The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat, the thrill of athletic competition." Even in the sports we don't like, that's what it's all about.

I love my hometown. I moved away from the D.C. area as a teenager and not a day goes by that I don't think about it. It's a flawed city and perhaps it doesn't have the nicest people, but Washington is a unique city and a great city none the less.

I like actually sitting down and reading a newspaper. I know they're going out of vogue and while the news inside is seldom pleasant, it's kind of relaxing to sit in a comfortable chair and open up a newspaper.

I love music. I truly do love music. I love making it, I love listening to it. It is one of the most powerful things in the world, whether people want to admit it or not

Honestly, I also love the internet. Maybe not in the same way as I love all the previously mentioned thing, but I am at least fascinated by it. To think all the world's information (almost) can be obtained with a few clicks of a mouse. It is a wondrous thing.

I love the natural world. God was truly having a good day when he created Earth. I am in awe when I think about the vastness of the universe and it can be too much to behold at times.

Archived