Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Name a song. Then name the memory you have attached to it.

Springfield

Please cast 4 votes, 1 for each category  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Please cast 4 votes, 1 for each category

• Under 40 - Amanda Knox
    • Under 40 - Keeley Hazell
    • Over 40 - Mary Louise Parker
    • Over 40 - Monica Bellucci
    • Olympic - Leryn Franco
    • Olympic - Natalie Coughlin
    • Reality Star - Danni Boatwright
    • Reality Star - Melissa Rycroft

She Loves you- my first beer

Satisfaction - frieworks stand in arl.

Like a rolling stone - rubbing suntan oil on a girls back at a pool on Lee hwy

Paperback Writer - woodlee arms in arl

Light My Fire- Colonial Beach

In A Gadda Da Vida - Stoned in a House by Marios Pizzza

Time of the Season - Spending the night with "Marge"

Born to be Wild - A friend taking a leak off the roof of His fathers Mercades

Blue Money - on the Way To Charlestown Races with first wife

Monday Monday,Touch Me,Why dont we do it in the road,----Ocean City

Fortunate Son - counter-inaugural DC 1969

Proud Mary - New Years eve 1969

I better start with Fly me to the Moon, Frank Sinatra. Our wedding song, played last night while eating dinner outside and we danced to it.

Sexual Healing, Marvin Gaye, many, many, many memories.

George Benson, the Album on replay(turntable), Kerri I know your out there, and I still see you when I hear any of those songs.

Kiss Alive, first major concert in Baltimore. Can't remember the date, hahha

Van Halen, Vans room in OC and puff the magic device.

Brick House and Sail On, Sue in Fred's van driving back to Athens from Atlanta. And like Bangs description I can still smell her when those songs come on. (She wore a certain perfume that I have never smelled since 83 and I can't get it out of my head when I hear those songs.)

Fly like an Eagle, Boardwalk OC laser show and the good stuff, here name was Melinda.

I could go on, but the game is going to start and I got to get back to football.

Interesting. I've often told people over the years that I sometimes equate songs I hear with places we lived when I was growing up. Then comes a memory. Sometimes vice versa. Example.

Colorado Springs.

Though I do remember playing football with kids behind our house there while this song was on the radio.

Not single songs, but here are a couple:

History: America's Greatest Hits - I remember going on summer vacation to Maine back in 1978 with some family friends, all packed in a Peugeot station wagon, most of us kids in the way back (the luggage was on the roof), no seatbelts of course (what are those?), listening to this over and over and over again - on 8-track.

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense - Listening to this on a trip to Ocean City one summer just after getting out of college.

"Wait for love" - Luther Vandross

In 2007 I found myself listening to it. My father was a hugr Luther fan. Growing up he always played Luther when we took road trips. Anyway, in 2007 I was listening and started actually paying attention to the words. Described my wife and I almost perfectly (at the time were, not yet married). I grabbed her in the kitchen and started dancing with her. Told her this was "our song". April 4, 2009 we were married and that was our wedding song.

Too mushy? lol.

Archived