Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My experience with Coach Shanahan...

HRNY4ZRNY

So I went to the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday dinner. I looked over and could not believe that Mike Shanahan and his wife are in a booth on the opposite side of the restaurant.

I was curious to know what they were eating... They ordered 2 waters and a appetizer (couldn't tell what the appetizer was.) I was surprised at this considering how much money they have. The waiter that was serving them was defenitly excited to show him the menu.

I was trying not to stare at them but It was really surreal. I was star struck.

At the end of our dinner we were walking out at the same time. (I timed it that way)

He noticed I was wearing a Redskins hat and gave me one of his smirks (chipmunk smile with his front teeth showing.)

I shook his hand and the only thing that popped into my head to say was...

"Please don't draft Cam Newton or Jake Locker. We dont need a QB with accuracy issues."

He laughed

I then said "Wait for next year to get Andrew Luck."

He then said "That's the plan..."

I couldn't believe he said that. I thought maybe he was joking but the way he said it was dead serious. I couldn't wait to post this but when I got home I realized I didn't pay the cable bill so no internet connection. Im at work now so I finally get to tell my story.

The plan is to draft ANDREW LUCK! :D

UPDATE CHECK POST 29...

I sure hope this isn't an April Fools joke. I agree with you though. Forget QB this year and draft to fill as many holes as possible from O-line, D-line, WR, to RB. With all the CBA bull **** going on playing it safe for 1 offseason will work wonders for us.

ANDREW LUCK 2012 and beyond

HAIL!

On a serious note though. I'm of the opinion that passing on a QB this year will be a great strategy because there is so many QB needy teams this year that will fill the position. This years pool doesn't offer an andrew Luck type but it is deep in in potential starter type QB's. Let the competition fight it out for a qb this year and next year will be more of a buyers market for us.

Of course the plan is to draft Andrew Luck. I think every single team in the NFL wants to draft Andrew Luck.

That doesn't mean that's what we're going to do.

PS: If this is an April Fools joke, it's way too serious. But then again, there are a few other awful April Fool's jokes on the front page.

Must be that I've been here for so long I'm over and done with the whole April Fools thing.

Thats freakin awesome!!!!! I hope this isnt an APril fools day joke either, but if this is true im really glad you shared.

I honestly think with all the holes on this team, losing 89, possibly jammal, possibly carlos, and clinton, will really do some damage to this team. Not only on the field but perhaps in the locker room. I think that the redskins may get the number 1 overall pick next year. I'm not hoping for it thats for sure, but i could def see it happening.

Redskins 2012 #1 draft pick - Andrew Luck!!!!

Thats freakin awesome!!!!! I hope this isnt an APril fools day joke either, but if this is true im really glad you shared.

I honestly think with all the holes on this team, losing 89, possibly jammal, possibly carlos, and clinton, will really do some damage to this team. Not only on the field but perhaps in the locker room. I think that the redskins may get the number 1 overall pick next year. I'm not hoping for it thats for sure, but i could def see it happening.

Redskins 2012 #1 draft pick - Andrew Luck!!!!

:doh:

Happy belated birthday!

If this is an April Fool's joke I take back that sentiment. ;)

I want Luck badly.

---------- Post added April-1st-2011 at 06:18 PM ----------

:doh:

And hey, I agree with you, punting a season is insane. But only one team can take him the title and everyone else goes home a loser. I'm pretty sure the year before the Pats, Colts, Chargers, Rams got their stud QB they'd gladly forfeit a season to secure the next ten years of NFL relevance.

If someone asked me today if I would have been happier going 8-8 in 2000 or 2-14 but drafting Brady, I'd gladly take the latter. Of course this is impossible to predict... what if Luck bombs? But we may look back at next year's draft in 3 years and wish we did everything we could to get to that number one spot.

My hope is that we trade out of the first and second round this year to accumulate picks for next years draft to get Luck. Unlikely, but look how people are clamoring over the (in my opinion) average QB class this year. Newton will go number one based on potentially... Luck will be such a stronger option next year.

Haha, yeah right.

You almost had me.

Anyway, with our luck, we could actually try this, and one of two things would happen:

1. Another team would go 0-16 and have a tiebreaker over us with the #1 pick.

or

2. Andrew Luck suffers an MCL/ACL tear/concussion/torn rotator cuff -- all on the same play.

Archived