Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY MAG: Nickelodeon to Re-Air Beloved Nineties Sitcoms

ACW

I have TeenNick on right now and I will be watching the shows tonight...I used to love All That. One of my friends was in love with Josh on the show (the one with the big ears):

89hgyop.jpg

She loved him, my other best friend loved Gavin Rossdale, and I was obsessed with Simon Rex

---------- Post added July-26th-2011 at 08:30 PM ----------

OH! And one of my friend's brothers was an extra in one of the episodes of All That! I'll see if I can find it

I remember this episode of All That well...I used to tape episodes on my VCR. I wonder what happened to the fat girl- she was always good

She had a cameo in Dodgeball...

This is a step in the right direction. I'm often amazed that channels put some of their best stuff away in a vault somewhere never to be seen again. If they did this with Nick (even though there's still remnants of Nick at Nightism) and expanded the shows that others have already mentioned it would be pure gold.

I've seen two people with Legends of the Hidden Temple t-shirts the last week. And there's always a team or two on Thanksgiving. Doug was so good. Taught you lessons. He was just a new kid trying to make it in Bluffington.

Where do you go for Thanksgiving that people dress up like teams from Legends?

Last Friday, during the heat wave, I re-watched the Hey Arnold episode where it's like 106 degrees and he can't get ice back home or ice cream. I freakin' loved that show.

Also, to no surprise, it appears 90's Are All That has quadrupled and then some, TeenNick's ratings for the timeslot.

---------- Post added July-28th-2011 at 12:14 PM ----------

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/07/27/teen-nicks-90s-are-all-that-block-brings-record-ratings/

Oh man, I just barely have memories of that show. It was part of the original SNICK lineup, it was basically a kid's SNL. All That before All That existed. Of course I think I was like, 6 when it went off the air.

So if you were 6 then I was 5, makes sense for why I don't remember it then lol

---------- Post added July-28th-2011 at 12:33 PM ----------

Imagine what the rating would be if they started this at 10pm instead of midnight? I made it til 12:30 the first night, but since then I've just been DVR'ing them

Hmmm, according to Wiki I was wrong. "Roundhouse debuted as a part of the original SNICK lineup on Nickelodeon in 1992 and continued airing on the network through 1996." So it would've been on the air when I was 11 and you were 10 Matt. Which is weird, because I really don't remember it lasting that long. Ah well, still a great show. It was like SNL mixed with In Living Color and aimed at kids.

• 1 year later...
So apparently Nickelodeon brought back a new version of Figure It Out. No Summer Sanders though so that knocks it down like to a C- at best off the bat.

Watched it and it was terrible. Maybe it was always terrible when we were kids lol. But this one seemed especially bad.

They've had that on there a few times.

What's disappointing is there are so many shows they can choose from, yet its always: All That, Kenan & Kel, and either Rugrats/Hey Arnold/Doug. They need to mix it up more.

Archived