Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I just got an email about upgrading to the LL, called the TO. If I'm going to move to the LL I'd only want to be in the 200 section, she said its possible but she couldn't guarantee it but she could put in the request. Obviously I don't want to move from my current seasons if its going to be in the 100 section, but I would definitely move if its in the 200 section.

What do you think my chances are?

Congrats--FWIW (to others), I recieved the same e-mail, and I also have 3 seats, so that may have something to do with it. I had indicated on my preferences NOT to change my seats (which are in 427 row 3, and I wouldn't trade for lowers unless they were between the 20s, because I actually really like the view from these seats). I called the TO and confirmed that they would be putting me in the endzone if I decided to upgrade, so I said no thanks. But I do of course realize that every year I don't move downstairs means that it would be that much harder to get to the sidelines, but with the cost difference, i'm fine staying where I am. I just found it odd that they go to the trouble of having you indicate a preference, only to follow-up with e-mails like this. Why not just follow people's stated choices and let the chips fall where they may (unless so few renewals mean that they are going to have a tough time filling the lower bowl, which I find hard to imagine, but anythings possible I suppose). I still really like the auto-upgrade program and think things seem way better/more fair than the wild-west days of the mid-2000s (when getting upgraded depended almost entirely on calling the TO until you talked to someone who would help you out), but this is still kinda odd....

i think because if you're above row 16 in the upper level you're not supposed to indicate you want to go to the lower level - it says so in the upgrade. so, someone like me, doesn't really have the option of indicating that (if you follow the instructions).

and i was in the same boat as you in terms of being upper level towards the 50 or lower level endzone. hopefully i don't regret my decision.

are the new tv's adequate for watching play on the other side of the field? i've only sat down there a few times, but it was all before the new TV's. the old TV's didn't help at all.

i also didn't have glasses back then which i now have so they should help too lol!

are the new tv's adequate for watching play on the other side of the field? i've only sat down there a few times, but it was all before the new TV's. the old TV's didn't help at all.

i also didn't have glasses back then which i now have so they should help too lol!

It's night and day. With the light brite the play away from you sucked now you can see it all great.

Thanks! i'm excited... hopefully i'll be out of the endzone soon and moving down the sideline. I've always had reservations about going from upper level sideline to lower level endzone. we have 3 tickets, i'm hoping that allows us to fit into holes others can't.

I also look forward to getting home quicker. From the upper level it was an hour and a half from the time we started heading down the ramp. I'm hopping to shave it down to an hour since it should mean beating some traffic out of the lots.

Congrats tshile!! Moving down to the end zone lower level was the best decision I ever made three years ago. With the HDTV screens, the end zone seats are not bad at all. And it is the only way without buying club seats to eventually find your way around to the lower level sideline seats.

And as you mentioned the quick getaway was an unexpected bonus. I just had never considered that when I accepted the upgrade. Leaving is so fast now. But then I also park in the handicapped lot so I can be one of the first to my car and get out on Morgan Blvd super quick.

One suggestion. Ask to be located as close to the home side in the end zone as possible. I did that and got one or two sections closer to the corner than anyone else reported here that year. It also helps you avoid being on the visitor side which has an overcrowding problem at the food/drink stands and rest rooms because of the obstructed view seats. You also avoid more of the visitor fans. Good luck.

Dawn of a New Era.....couldn't be a better time to see RG3 up close and personal!

---------- Post added April-26th-2012 at 06:07 PM ----------

I just got an email about upgrading to the LL, called the TO. If I'm going to move to the LL I'd only want to be in the 200 section, she said its possible but she couldn't guarantee it but she could put in the request. Obviously I don't want to move from my current seasons if its going to be in the 100 section, but I would definitely move if its in the 200 section.

What do you think my chances are?

I would ask for the 200 level as a preference but would not pass up the upgrade to the 100 level. You can always ask for an upgrade to the 200 level later. The 100 level is generally fine in the end zone area. Once you move toward the sidelines people stand the whole game.

Edited by SonnyandSam

oh people stand the entire time on the sidelines? i was not aware of that.

that kinda sucks. if everyone sat down they'd see the same thing and be much more comfortable...

thinks like that make you really appreciate the sit down and sit back rules at the verizon center...

Has anyone seen the pic of FedEx after the most recent seat removal. It looks like they took sections from the the Corners and up to at least the 10 yard line.

I don't think it is that far. I compared the pictures and some visual landmarks (e.g elevator, gates, etc) and figure they removed seats to about the back of the end zone, maybe end zone. Besides I highly doubt they would remove sideline seats between the 10 and end zone. But they did take out a lot of seats in the corner end zones.

---------- Post added April-26th-2012 at 06:38 PM ----------

oh people stand the entire time on the sidelines? i was not aware of that.

that kinda sucks. if everyone sat down they'd see the same thing and be much more comfortable...

thinks like that make you really appreciate the sit down and sit back rules at the verizon center...

Blame Danny Boy. The stadium was built so that people in the first row could see over the players, cheerleaders, media and cameras. Danny added the Dream seats. Everyone in the Dream seats has to stand to see action on the field because they are built lower to the field. Consequently, there is a ripple effect that forces everyone in the 100 sections to stand to see the game. This is not an issue for the most part in the end zone. Some people stand behind the end zone camera but for the most part people can sit and enjoy the game. Of course, people stand periodically on big defensive stands or big plays; and that is to be expected.

I don't think it is that far. I compared the pictures and some visual landmarks (e.g elevator, gates, etc) and figure they removed seats to about the back of the end zone, maybe end zone. Besides I highly doubt they would remove sideline seats between the 10 and end zone. But they did take out a lot of seats in the corner end zones.

http://sonofwashington.com/work-beginning-on-new-party-decks/

Looks like you're right. I can't imagine them using this entire space as a huge party deck.

http://sonofwashington.com/work-beginning-on-new-party-decks/

Looks like you're right. I can't imagine them using this entire space as a huge party deck.

Those pics help me understand how I was placed in west end zone coming out of club. That's right, I am now assigned to the LL end zone, after expecting UL row 16-29. Interestingly, I added a seat for my daughter so I too have 3 seats. I am hoping for row 15 or back.

Just got home from the party. A wonderful night all around. I'm feeling good about seeing fewer empty seats in the 400s. Loge level still looked pretty much the same from down in the club seats.

Draft party at FedEx was tonight? I thought it was during the day for some reason. Got any pics?

hrm... are the dream seats typically full? i figured those would be empty like the club level due to cost?

Yeah,they're usually pretty full. Portis' mother and Phillip Daniels' wife used to sit in the dream seats in front of my section. Trust me, everyone in the 100 section sideline seats stand the entire game

Draft party at FedEx was tonight? I thought it was during the day for some reason. Got any pics?

It was pretty much the RG3 show only last night. The big party is Sat.

There were probably 2-3,000 people on the club level for the first two picks last night, and the crowd disbursed shortly after. The vibe in the air was amazing. I stomped the SRO platforms as the crowd cheered with glee. The field lights were off so it was a little too dark for pics. The local news teams picked up the fan reaction inside on the club level concourse, but I wanted to be outside in the seats w/ the big crowd watching the jumbos.

Just spoke with a frend whose current seats are in section 423 facing the side of the end zone and end zone corner. He spoke to the TO and his secton was not removed. So no sideline seats have been removed it appears. Will be interesting to get pictures and reports from folks who attend the draft day party on Saturday.

Just an FYI

Yesterday I received an e-mail from the TO stating that I was eligible for an upgrade to the Lower Level.

Last year I selected to be in the $44 seats for my first season at a STH. I was moved due to the removal of seats into Section 420, Row 23. On this years upgrade options, I selected that I would like to keep my same price and move down in my section. I am very surprised with being a 1 year STH in the cheapest seats in the park, that I would be selected.

I will not be moving to the Lower Level, becuase I just can't afford it at this point. I'll probably regret this decision 5 years from now, when I won't be able to move to LL even if I want to, but I'm lucky enough to be keeping my tickets.... anyway, just thought I would share.

I figure it has to do the the extra removal of seats... looks like the Upper Corners are gone.. It'll be interesting to see where I'm sitting and only paying $44+/seat...

awesome. thanks for the info.

so i guess that explains it. it comes down to people in the lower level flat out not renewing their tickets and not having enough people in the upper level willing to move into the lower level.

Just spoke with a frend whose current seats are in section 423 facing the side of the end zone and end zone corner. He spoke to the TO and his secton was not removed. So no sideline seats have been removed it appears. Will be interesting to get pictures and reports from folks who attend the draft day party on Saturday.
Based on the pics on SOW and the stadium diagram, it appears Sec 406 through 422 have been removed from the west endzone, and Sec 433 through 449 from the east endzone. That means the upper half of 17 sections on each end of the stadium have been removed, leaving only 10 sections (5 on each side of the 50) remaining in their entirety. That means approximately 16,500 seats have been removed from the UL at FedEx over the last 2 seasons.

This based on counting sections from previous pics inside the stadium and comparing to the SOW pics posted yesterday.

Edited by Popeman38

Oh hell, just do away with the upper deck altogether, make the club section GA and we'll have a place similar in size or RFK. There might actually be a long waiting list again! ;)

Edited by HOF44

Based on the pics on SOW and the stadium diagram, it appears Sec 406 through 422 have been removed from the west endzone, and Sec 433 through 449 from the east endzone. That means the upper half of 17 sections on each end of the stadium have been removed, leaving only 10 sections (5 on each side of the 50) remaining in their entirety. That means approximately 16,500 seats have been removed from the UL at FedEx over the last 2 seasons.

This based on counting sections from previous pics inside the stadium and comparing to the SOW pics posted yesterday.

Careful with your calculations. Last year, the first 5-7 rows were left intact in each end zone section. Still....it is a whole lot of seats!

Careful with your calculations. Last year, the first 5-7 rows were left intact in each end zone section. Still....it is a whole lot of seats!
I was counting rows 11-29 only. 26 seats per row on average. I will state a range, between 15,000 and 16,500 seats removed in total, including what was removed last season.

so is it true that the redskins are giving out authentic RG3 jersey's to people who bought season tickets?

I bought season tickets and have heard nothing about it. I think they were doing it for premium contracts though.