Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I have been on vacation and finally was able to check my account and i am in UL row 13 and i am getting an upgrade to LL. I called the TO and they wouldn't give me any info, just that we would be notified by email to check our acct for our new seats and this would happen by end of June. Has anyone in UL received their new seat locations yet?

I have been on vacation and finally was able to check my account and i am in UL row 13 and i am getting an upgrade to LL. I called the TO and they wouldn't give me any info, just that we would be notified by email to check our acct for our new seats and this would happen by end of June. Has anyone in UL received their new seat locations yet?

No one has heard yet with two exceptions. Someone losing their end zone seat because of construction found out from a TO agent and one other person called to renew his tickets in the LL late; the seats were already gone from the auto upgrade process but they gave him seats in a nearby section. Generally speaking, the TO is not sharing new seat assignments to people who call in. If your UL seat assignments are now missing from you 2011 online invoice, you are likely upgraded. Many people higher than you have received phone call confirming they were being upgraded to the LL in the end zone but were not told where in the end zone. They will find out later.

I am in the same situation as you. I was in the 10th row of the UL and when I called the TO they said my seats would be somewhere between sections 109-113 in the LL this year but did not give me any other info other than that I will know my exact location in the upcoming weeks.

You would think they would speed it up considering they need to collect payment from people, print tix/mail them etc. Will they automatically charge our credit card on file or give us like 10 days to make the additional payment?

You would think they would speed it up considering they need to collect payment from people, print tix/mail them etc. Will they automatically charge our credit card on file or give us like 10 days to make the additional payment?

They have lots of time yet. They normally charge your CC on file used to pay your tickets. Some people have been permitted to put 10/20% down with the remainder due when the lockout ends as an inducement to renew seats. I don't know if that payment scheme will be allowed for upgraders.

Tickets normally go out to the printers in late July/Early August I believe and get mailed by the printers to STHs about 2-3 weeks prior to the first pre season game.

Last year, we began getting letters with our upgrade information about this time of the month. So I don't think timing is as big a deal to the TO as it is to us!

Edited by SonnyandSam

Any first year season ticket holders get their seats issued yet?

Not yet and I check mine daily, even though I shouldn't be worrying till about the end of the month. However I'm like a kid on Christmas and am too anxious, so the day I see the seats I'll be happy.

Those of you who can see your seats, is it on the main page or did you have to click something to go to it?

I successfully facilitated my own upgrade. I was formerly in Section 413 Row 2, and I think I might be the only guy on this board who preferred to stay in the UL as opposed to moving downstairs. My goal was to be in the first row on the sidelines, which would allow me to see the entire field with nobody in front of me (no leaners, nobody standing up in the middle of a play).

Mark The Homer was gracious enough to provide me with his vacated seat numbers in Section 446 Row 1, and the TO was nice enough to accommodate me. The rep said they normally don't do it, but since I was already in Row 2 and I had the specific seat info they authorized it. The rep conceded that I likely would not have been moved otherwise, because historically most people in the first couple rows of the UL do renew.

So I moved 4 section closer to midfield on the Skins side and one row up. The seats in my new section cost more (about $87 versus $70) but to me it is worth it. I do think it's odd that lowers cost only $20 more per seat than upper level sidelines, but I think that over time (hopefully a long time) prices will increase again and there were be a bigger gap between the cost of uppers and lowers (another reason I prefer to stay in the UL). In particular, I am certain that eventually lower level sidelines will be in a separate pricing tier from lower level end zone.

Anyways, I am happy with how it worked out even though I am the one who did all of the legwork on this. Thanks again to Mark.

Edited by capcrunch98

I think the bigger issue is that every seat in the LL costs the same. My current seats in the end zone cost the same as someone on the 50 yard line.:wtf:

Oh, and congrats on the upgrade. MTH to the rescue again.

I could never understand this. It's great for those around the 50, but I have a feeling the entire pricing structure will change after this year

kind of makes sense... the longer you're a season ticket holder, the more you get from it.

there's a benefit to being a long time season ticket holder.

its why i renewed... i plan to start moving towards the LL in a year or two. Otherwise it doesn't make sense to have season tickets in the upper level.

I could never understand this. It's great for those around the 50, but I have a feeling the entire pricing structure will change after this year

I completely agree. There will always be a strong demand for LL sideline season tickets. The Skins have been able to capitalize on this demand by selling bloated subscriptions to the Tailgate and Touchdown Clubs and Club Level contracts. I think it's just a matter of time (probably our next wild card berth) before the team raises the prices for LL sideline seats.

Edited by capcrunch98

I expect all the ticket prices to go up after the first playoff season. It has already been six years without a ticket increase. But Goodall said one of the things he wants to come out of the new CBA is to stabilize ticket prices because he believes the NFL has reached the peak price point for tickets in most cities.

I expect all the ticket prices to go up after the first playoff season. It has already been six years without a ticket increase. But Goodall said one of the things he wants to come out of the new CBA is to stabilize ticket prices because he believes the NFL has reached the peak price point for tickets in most cities.

When you consider the relative importance of the games, I actually think NFL tickets are an okay value compared to NBA, NHL, concerts, theatre, and maybe even the prime seats for MLB. My biggest gripe with the cost of attending Skins games has little to do with the price of my ticket, but rather the cost of parking, the cost of concessions (although to be fair it isn't any better at other pro sports venues), and the "cost" of spending my entire day and early evening going to a 3 hour event.

I am all for the NFL trying to stabilize ticket prices. I think you can definitely argue that the Skins have reached the peak price point for most sections in FedEx Field. But I believe they could raise price of LL sideline seats upwards on $30/ticket, and there would still be a strong demand.

But I believe they could raise price of LL sideline seats upwards on $30/ticket, and there would still be a strong demand.
:mad: NO NO NO....I'm expecting to get upgraded to the sideline and I don't want to be charged more than other LL people just when I get to sit on the sidelines. :redpunch: Just STOP thinking like that! ;)

I received the following email today. Does anyone know where Green B3 parking is going to be? I was always under the impression that green parking is parking on any of the green lots.

Congratulations. The Redskins have been able to upgrade your Gray Lot parking to an on-site space at FedExField in the new Green B3 Lot. The B3 Lot is accessible from both Redskins Road and Garrett Morgan Blvd and allows for a quick and easy exit from FedExField to Landover Road via Sheriff Road. In minutes you’ll be back on the Beltway or the BW Parkway. Your new parking will be sent to you with your 2011 Redskins season ticket package. If you prefer to remain in the Gray Lot for the 2011 season, please contact the Redskins Ticket Office immediately at 301-276-6050.