Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kevin and Rock not on WJFK anymore but for how long?

Stew

The guys really go the extra mile for their listeners.

. I think 980 would do well to bring them over and capture a younger demographic since they truly are about the fans.

i agree ted, this is so damn stupid....they are great, and we need to do what we can to get them back on the air.....

I Its well known that Lavar doesn’t like Chad and Lavar does the show from Lanham while Chad is in Fairfax. Chad has tweeted that he wanted to shoot himself if he had to do another television show RIGHT AFTER taping one night.

now' date=' theres something i didnt know. i would have swore that lavar was ok (ok enough, anyway) with chad. they dont even do the show from the same location? that's odd. i know lavar lives in annapolis, but if he cant make the drive to fairfax, why do the show? wacky.

The times they have filled in for the Junkies made my drive into work so much more bearable, although the Junkies are good, doesn’t anyone else get tired of them acting so overly horny and always complaining about the same things? Why not listen to someone who is used to what we are used to. Working for a living, being true fans of our team without a media or ex athlete agenda?

well said. i'll have to keep up more with K & R. sounds like they do a better job than i was giving them credit for. i do still listen to the junkies. juvenile, i know, but what else is there? monday mornings during the season, i do listen to 980.

Kevin and Rock was easily the best broadcast on 106.7. It was more like listening to two knowledgable fans in your living room than any other broadcast. Dukes and Lavar, not to name names, just for example, seem like two sportscasters that think they know more because they are on air.

K&R really need to get back on, whether its working out things with their jobs or 106.7 working out their issues; my weekend drives from work really kind of suck with just DC101 and 93.9

well said. i'll have to keep up more with K & R. sounds like they do a better job than i was giving them credit for. i do still listen to the junkies. juvenile, i know, but what else is there? monday mornings during the season, i do listen to 980.

what else is there, exactly my point. i rather listen to someone that i can actually relate to, that makes me laugh, and that i can actually stand. sports talk radio to most chicks, is pretty boring. K&R have my full attention everytime they are on air....it's great stuff.

K&R really need to get back on' date=' whether its working out things with their jobs or 106.7 working out their issues; my weekend drives from work really kind of suck with just DC101 and 93.9[/quote']

i feel ya.

I've tried listening to the regular day stuff on 1067 a bit and just can't.

The junkies are okay, but they tend to get bogged down in stuff I just dont care about. I think they're good, but in small doses.

Eeverything after that is unlistenable. UnWise Mike seems a nice enough guy, but whenever he talks he hems and haws so much it gets frustrating to listen to. I've given up completly on that show.

I've tried Lavar and Dukes more than once, but it just doesn't do it. Outside of Lavars players football knowlege, they bring literally nothing to the table. They seem arrogant and ignorant. I don't think they're as stupid as they sound, but clearly very ignorant.

K&R are good. Not great, but probably the best show on 1067. Admittedly, I dont have the radio on much on weekends, but from what I've heard, they offer entertainment. If I were 980, I'd snatch them up fast and put them on either evenings, or weekends. 980 tends to eschew old in my book.

now, theres something i didnt know. i would have swore that lavar was ok (ok enough, anyway) with chad. they dont even do the show from the same location? that's odd. i know lavar lives in annapolis, but if he cant make the drive to fairfax, why do the show? wacky.

it's amazing what you hear when you attend on of their television tapings at PrimeTime....

Honestly,

I still listen to the Junks, Lavar and Dukes, I may not be entirely "listening" the whole time but I would take it over 980 any day.

While I do agree the Junks stray from sports all too often, people have to accept they're more just schtick and random-ness. More plain talk show than just sports talk. Lavar does have good points here and there and as much as people hate on Dukes about how negative he is, he's pretty vital to the show. He's providing the opposing and polarizing side of the argument, and helps keeps the show moving along. Their show IMO probably has the most idiotic callers.

I've said this before, but I want a show with

Funny Danny, Lurch, maybe Lavar for the player aspect, maybe throw in Kevin

Man, I've been wondering about this. I turned on the radio on the way to work Saturday and haven't heard them on air. I hope everything gets ironed out and these guys get back on the air soon. Truthfully speaking, I really enjoy the 2 week run they had in the Junkies spot during the holiday season. Never mind the fact that aside from Lurch, none of them belong on radio. The Junkies sound like a bunch of older guys just trying to come off as young.

Man, I've been wondering about this. I turned on the radio on the way to work Saturday and haven't heard them on air. I hope everything gets ironed out and these guys get back on the air soon. Truthfully speaking, I really enjoy the 2 week run they had in the Junkies spot during the holiday season. Never mind the fact that aside from Lurch, none of them belong on radio. The Junkies sound like a bunch of older guys just trying to come off as young.

As someone who is young, I find the married mid-life crisis schtick entertaining and hope that's not me down the road :silly::ols:

The Junkies sound like a bunch of older guys just trying to come off as young.

yeah they do, and they used to sound like young guys who were douchebags.

I've enjoyed Kevin and Rock on the odd occasion thatI've heard them. One of them, not sure which , Rock? (The black guy) .. he does need to brush up on his Redskins history, I'll say that. The few times I listened, he mangled a couple of facts,,, but overall the show is enjoyable,, they're engaging and can keep it on topic and be funny.

I'd much rather listen to them than practically anyone else on that station.

(I like Holden Kushner,, but he's paired with Wise,, who I can't stand for more than a few minutes.)

~Bang

yeah they do, and they used to sound like young guys who were douchebags.

I've enjoyed Kevin and Rock on the odd occasion thatI've heard them. One of them, not sure which , Rock? (The black guy) .. he does need to brush up on his Redskins history, I'll say that. The few times I listened, he mangled a couple of facts,,, but overall the show is enjoyable,, they're engaging and can keep it on topic and be funny.

I'd much rather listen to them than practically anyone else on that station.

(I like Holden Kushner,, but he's paired with Wise,, who I can't stand for more than a few minutes.)

~Bang

Is it just me or does Wise come off as too OVERLY political correct, he's alright but I think I lean a little more towards Kusher. The only thing with Holden that tilts me is his nasal-y voice.

I still haven't been able to get completely behind 106.7 even though I've really been trying. I like that it's all local sports...I really do. But to me, it doesn't add up. I actually enjoy the Junkies more than I used to. I think they are funny, but I find myself always clicking back to M&M (980) when I'm in the mood for actual sports. Other than TK, I prefer 980 at every time slot. For as much **** as people give 980 for being Snyder-owned, the Sports Reporters don't really hold back when making fun of the owner or the Redskins. They are older a little slow at times...but they are EASILY the best "sports reporters" on the air all day long.

So, if I'm in the car, I generally flip between 980 and 106.7 in the morning, listen to Wise in the mid-morning (just lesser of two evils really...I can't stand TK's show), I LOVE the Sports Fix on 980 in the early afternoon, and love the Sports Reporters in the late-afternoon. As horrible as this sounds, I prefer the JT Show when he's not on it. I like Doc but JT is so slow and always asks dumb questions. Also, Lavar and Dukes aren't horrible and have grown on me a bit too...I just can't listen to them when 980 has legitimate radio personalities talking local sports.

I am a member of the Big O and Dukes Horde. I love Chad's show with Oscar. I listen to their podcast religiously. The only reason I ever listen to Lavar and Chad's show is for Drab and Chad. I can't stand Lavar and the idiot callers drive me insane. At this point when I'm in my car I listen to old Big O and Dukes Podcasts or Old school K and R segments

We need to get K and R on regularly!

teddy, we do need to get K&R on the regular....

as a female i’ve listened to the Junkies for a long time, but I have to admit the continued overly horniness and howard sternish type of copy cat radio. it’s fun at times, but they constantly degrade women and seem clueless about what women really think or want to hear. at times, you wouldn’t think any of them had wives.

with k&r you get two guys who sound as if they’ve been there done that and aren’t trying too hard to impress other guys by talking about women’s boobs, shaving habits or what bird they like. again the junkies aren’t bad, but after all these years they seem to be a bit stale, and to use their term they seem to be punting every time they have a show and just wait to collect their thompson creek, farrish and bonefish checks on top of the already money they brag about making from CBS.

I am also so disgusted everytime I hear the toe commercial. It's foul.

I still haven't been able to get completely behind 106.7 even though I've really been trying. I like that it's all local sports...I really do. But to me, it doesn't add up. I actually enjoy the Junkies more than I used to. I think they are funny, but I find myself always clicking back to M&M (980) when I'm in the mood for actual sports. Other than TK, I prefer 980 at every time slot. For as much **** as people give 980 for being Snyder-owned, the Sports Reporters don't really hold back when making fun of the owner or the Redskins. They are older a little slow at times...but they are EASILY the best "sports reporters" on the air all day long.

So, if I'm in the car, I generally flip between 980 and 106.7 in the morning, listen to Wise in the mid-morning (just lesser of two evils really...I can't stand TK's show), I LOVE the Sports Fix on 980 in the early afternoon, and love the Sports Reporters in the late-afternoon. As horrible as this sounds, I prefer the JT Show when he's not on it. I like Doc but JT is so slow and always asks dumb questions. Also, Lavar and Dukes aren't horrible and have grown on me a bit too...I just can't listen to them when 980 has legitimate radio personalities talking local sports.

Other than TK

TK is the best talent on 980 and it's not even close.

Other than TK

TK is the best talent on 980 and it's not even close.

I agree that he might possess the most talent, but I disagree about his show and his talent isn't necessarily applicable to what he does. I loved TK as a writer and I'm sure he appeals to some avid fans, but his show puts me to sleep. Listen, he's earned the right to say or do whatever he wants for his two hours, I get that. But talking about his opinions on non-sports stuff and discussing oldies just doesn't do it for me when I tune in to a "sports" station.

Is it just me or does Wise come off as too OVERLY political correct, he's alright but I think I lean a little more towards Kusher. The only thing with Holden that tilts me is his nasal-y voice.

It's certainly not just you.

One of my biggest problems with Wise's show is how often he totally derails a topic or a discussion to stand up on his soap box and let us all know how he feels about women's rights .. or whatever he feels should be interjected into the topic.

We get it, Mr Sensitive. Now shut the hell up about it and get back on track.

That, and he desperately tries to be funny,, and it just doesn't work because he just isn't funny. It comes off as embarrassing. Trying too hard, and failing miserably.

~Bang

i have both emailed and tweeted CK without a response yet.

K&R respond to EVERYONE, and 106.7 the fan should take tips from K&R about responding to their listeners.

they should be concerned about their female listeners.....#justsaying

please tweet CK yourself.... @ChrisKinard or send him and email: CNKinard@cbs.com see if you get a response.....

i have both emailed and tweeted CK without a response yet.

K&R respond to EVERYONE' date=' and 106.7 the fan should take tips from K&R about responding to their listeners.

they should be concerned about their female listeners.....#justsaying

please tweet CK yourself.... @ChrisKinard or send him and email: [email']CNKinard@cbs.com[/email] see if you get a response.....

I couldn't agree more.

EVERYONE please email or tweet CK but please be respectful when doing so. Try to not bash the other shows on the air. We're trying to get CK on our side not piss him off

I couldn't agree more.

EVERYONE please email or tweet CK but please be respectful when doing so. Try to not bash the other shows on the air. We're trying to get CK on our side not piss him off

yeah, the intent of all of this is NOT to BASH other shows. be mindful of what you send out....

we need to start the movement for K&R

I've enjoyed Kevin and Rock on the odd occasion thatI've heard them. One of them, not sure which , Rock? (The black guy) .. he does need to brush up on his Redskins history, I'll say that. The few times I listened, he mangled a couple of facts,,,

ok, i think you heard what i heard, then. i hate to hear radio guys butchering facts- specifically redskins facts- then going on making a point based on a butchered fact. you think 1- this guy doesnt know what the hell he's talking about and 2- if i know this fact, and he doesnt, i could do his job.

kinda like i heard lavar and dukes and someone talked about curt warner, the RB, and dukes had never heard of him.

pet peeve of mine, i guess.

ok, i think you heard what i heard, then. i hate to hear radio guys butchering facts- specifically redskins facts- then going on making a point based on a butchered fact. you think 1- this guy doesnt know what the hell he's talking about and 2- if i know this fact, and he doesnt, i could do his job.

kinda like i heard lavar and dukes and someone talked about curt warner, the RB, and dukes had never heard of him.

pet peeve of mine, i guess.

:ols: there is certainly more to it than knowing the facts.. I also hate when they get simple facts (at least to me) incorrect,, but there can be a millions reasons why.. he might not know that particular thing.. he may be young and 1973 is a few lifetimes ago to him (I know a lot of Redskins facts,,, but about the teams of the 50s? not so much.)

Could be he had a hundred other things on his mind for the show and he botched one.

Working live is tough.

the times I heard him mistake something in team history, it didn't detract from the overall show.

~Bang

Archived