Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 NFL Combine Official thread

killerbee99

Practicing during a lockout would send a bad message to the owners IMO and it would be a bad business decision for the union. The owners would be able to sleep at night knowing that the players are keeping in shape and maintaining their football speed. What if a player gets hurt? He has no coverage or compensation. Bad idea.

Practicing during a lockout would send a bad message to the owners IMO and it would be a bad business decision for the union. The owners would be able to sleep at night knowing that the players are keeping in shape and maintaining their football speed. What if a player gets hurt? He has no coverage or compensation. Bad idea.

It doesn't say "full contact practices." Players have to keep in shape. They could hurt themselves doing their regular conditioning. Should they not do any conditioning work during the lockout?

db's are starting to run

---------- Post added March-1st-2011 at 09:07 AM ----------

Prince Amukamara 4.37

Ahmad Black 4.78

Niles Brinkley 4.56

Brandon Burton 4.50

Rashard Carmichael 4.49

Quinton Carter 4.62

4.78 for a safety is sssssslllllllooooooowwwwww. There are plenty of linebackers faster than that and JJ Watt who is a DE was around that time.

Wow, that's a fast time for Dowling. He's fallen by the wayside this season, but he's still a good prospect.

---------- Post added March-1st-2011 at 09:42 AM ----------

4.78 for a safety is sssssslllllllooooooowwwwww. There are plenty of linebackers faster than that and JJ Watt who is a DE was around that time.

Not to mention the guy is tiny. Florida DBs apparently have no clue how to run the 40. Joe Haden posted awful times last season too.

Just heard on NFL.com coverage that teams like the Bucs are going to hold their own practices and stuff during the lockout. Are the Skins going to do the same thing?

See, I believe that if the players decertify and owners don't lock out as a result, the NFL can have an offseason. Things basically go in to litigation but it doesn't stop workouts, FA, etc.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

See, I believe that if the players decertify and owners don't lock out as a result, the NFL can have an offseason. Things basically go in to litigation but it doesn't stop workouts, FA, etc.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe that is the case. The owners don't want the union to decertify because they want the players to fold in August.

And even if there is a lockout or strike, the players can still organize together as long as no coaches or team influence is there (after the strike/lockout).

That's the problem with not having a true leader on offense right now. Stupid McNabb.

I don´t care about Ahmad Blacks time and stuff...he is just a baller who makes plays.

QFT.

Hayden ran slow last year (as a previous poster noted) and he was a stud for the Browns last year. This guy would be an absolute steal in the third or fourth.

I know this doesn't belong here but did anybody see the news on Marcus Spears (27 years old)?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3173/player?r=1

The Cowboys will not attempt to re-sign free agent DE Marcus Spears or free agent SS Gerald Sensabaugh.The Cowboys gave Spears less money than "backups" Stephen Bowen and Jason Hatcher last year, and he landed on injured reserve with a strained (probably torn) calf muscle in November. They'll be more interested in bringing back Bowen and Hatcher. Sensabaugh will also hit the open market. According to ESPN Dallas, the Cowboys are looking for a replacement in the draft. Feb 28, 3:20 PM

http://twitter.com/NFLDraftBible

mspear96 Testing the market folks! Thank you all in Dallas for the support it's still possible I could be back, but it's shaky

wow, spears is only 27 and would fit a huge hole for us. unless hes a serious injury case, he needs to be looked at ASAP.

It was a calf strain last year that kept him out of the last several games but he was also irked about the low tender.

2nd group of db's are preparing to run

---------- Post added March-1st-2011 at 11:49 AM ----------

Joe Lefeged 4.44

Curtis Marsh 4.46

---------- Post added March-1st-2011 at 11:58 AM ----------

Patrick Peterson 4.32 & 4.37

Rahim Moore 4.53 & 4.61

Robert Sands 4.56 & 4.53

Buster Skrine 4.29 & 4.36 (stumbled out of the gate a little)

Jimmy Smith 4.38 & 4.44

Aaron Williams 4.53 & 4.52

Prince Amukamara 10' 8" broad jump

Funny Deion moment there. He sighs, and they ask him if he's sighing because of the guy taking too long to set up for his 40. He says "No, I got a text that somebody just tried to pawn off one of my watches."

Archived