Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 NFL Combine Official thread

killerbee99

Did you see the quads on Von Miller damn that boy loves to squat.

No way in holy heck I take Quinn over Miller if given the option.

So you'd be cool moving Orakpo?

---------- Post added February-28th-2011 at 01:36 PM ----------

Von Miller 2nd run 4.53

The cowturds can take him. Locker will dust him. :silly:

Martez Wilson 2nd run 4.47

Weighed in at 250lbs

Wish I could actually watch this today, but the JMU internet is being slow and its lagging my video feed. Now Wilsons' 4.47 is huge for him, he's shown he can play either ILB or OLB in a 3-4 with his size and his ability to rush the passer and I still firmly believe in the 2nd round he'd be a great target for us

Unofficial times per GBN draft website

http://www.gbnreport.com/combineblog.html

DEs 40 yard 10 yard split

Dontay Moch 4.45 1.61

Sam Acho, Texas 4.63 1.66

Chris Carter, Fresno State 4.67 1.62

Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue 4.67 1.65

Ugo Chinasas, Oklahoma State 4.67 1.63

Robert Quinn, UNC 4.67 1.63

Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh 4.70 1.71

Cam Jordan, California 4.71 1.69

Aldon Smith, Missouri 4.74 1.73

Allen Bailey, Miami 4.76 1.67

J.J. Watt, Wisconsin 4.78 1.75

Adrian Clayborn, Iowa 4.81 1.77

Cheta Ozougwu, Rice 4.86 1.65

Markus White, Florida State 4.90 1.77

Ricky Elmore, Arizona 4.91 1.74

Demarcus Dobbs, Georgia 4.92 1.70

Pernell McPhee, Mississippi State 4.94 1.84

Ryan Winterswyck, Boise State 5.02 1.81

DTs

Christian Ballard, Iowa 4.70 1.66

Marvin Austin, UNC 4.80 1.63

Nick Fairley, Auburn 4.82 1.76

Brandon Bair, Oregon 4.82 1.73

Marcel Dareus, Alabama 4.92 1.66

Drake Nevis, LSU 4.97 1.75

Martin Parker, Richmond 4.99 1.75

Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple 4.99 1.84

Pep Levingston, LSU 5.03 1.84

Terrell McClain, South Florida 5.04 1.84

Corey Liuget, Illinois 5.06 1.75

Chris Nield, West Virginia 5.07 1.81

Kendric Ellis, Hampton 5.19 1.97

Jerrel Powe, Mississippi 5.27 1.84

Colby Whitlock, Texas Tech 5.28 1.84

Ladi Ajiboy, South Carolina 5.33

The times he did rush though he looked very good and was making plays. I see him a lot like Karlos Dansby and that would be a huge pickup for us

Yes he destoryed some Big Ten QBs. He can def hit which I love. He would be nice in our defense because we don't really have any effective blitzers up the middle. Tez can biltz from everywhere.

Now i'm starting to worry about Ayers tho. I've never been too high on him(2nd rounder imo) but they say his work ethic has been called into question. Running a 4.80 when u should run in the 4.60s is concerning.

Martez Wilson 2nd run 4.47

Weighed in at 250lbs

He's an Orakpo-like athletic freak. Check this out from a couple of years ago: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=feldman_bruce&id=3420212

9. Martez Wilson, Illinois, LB: Ron Zook was at Florida when Jevon Kearse came to Florida and in Wilson, he sees a very similar talent. In fact, Zook has dubbed Wilson "Freak 2." Wilson, who arrived last year at Illinois weighing 235 pounds, is up to 248 and just as fast and even more explosive. Wilson's 4.4 speed makes him a force at linebacker as well as a red zone tight end and as a gunner on the punt team, which Zook points out should tell you about the guy's speed.

"Tez has unbelievable acceleration, and he'll be 265, 270 by the time he leaves here," Zook predicts. "And the really great thing about him is he wants to be good."

The top 10 workout warriors is an entertaining series of columns that Feldman writes every year. It's how I initiate myself into freakish prospects from all over the country well before they show up at the combine. For instance, this one was written almost three years ago.

Yes he destoryed some Big Ten QBs. He can def hit which I love. He would be nice in our defense because we don't really have any affect blitzers up the middle. Tez can biltz from everywhere.

Now i'm starting to worry about Ayers tho. I've never been too high on him(2nd rounder imo) but they say his work ethic has been called into question. Running a 4.80 when u should run in the 4.60s is concerning.

Well for a guy like him or a Moch type for us we have flexibility in our scheme. Tez can cover as well and he has made some huge strides from his freshman year to this year. He's gone from a guy who was playing out of control, not as a bad player but just overran some tackles and made some mistakes, but this year he was more fundamentally sound player and showed the ability to blitz and cover.

Looking at Moch, him showing up at 249 was probably one of the best things that could ever happen to him. 249 and a 4.44 40 show that he's got the size and can be fast as no other. What he could do off the edge opposite Orakpo would be something to watch and not only that but he could become a Lawrence Timmons esque type player for us

It's really looking like the redskins can not screw up with just about any selection at #10. Seems to be a very deep 1st round this year.

Wouldn't it be cool if they had more draft picks?

Every year I get all pumped up for the draft but this year I thought that it wasn't a deep class and the talent that good, bit dissepointing. But the more I see the more I like this class, it really fits our needs.

Every year I get all pumped up for the draft but this year I thought that it wasn't a deep class and the talent that good, bit dissepointing. But the more I see the more I like this class, it really fits our needs.

This is a very deep OLB/DL class which is big for us next year will be big on CB so far from what I've been looking at which could become a need for us who knows. Also watch the 2012 QB's they could be a very good bunch with Luck,Barkley at the top then you have Landry Jones, Ryan Lindley, Kirk Cousins, and the wildcard Robert Griffin III

Yeah apperently the coaches are helping josh freeman prepare to have a players only practice during the lockout. Thats what they said on NFL.com

Should be a different thread in a different place.

Also,

Players can't practice with, in or around, NFL-owned equipment, facilities, etc. ...Hence, lockout. And, the Union/player's budgets are going to be tight enough as it is.

Yeah apperently the coaches are helping josh freeman prepare to have a players only practice during the lockout. Thats what they said on NFL.com

If we had a leader on offense (esp at the QB position... no knock on Grossman/McNabb) we could do the same.

Archived