Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Muzzammil Hassan convicted of beheading wife after only 50 minutes of deliberations

NavyDave

So a guy kills his wife after she decided to leave him. I guess its great he got convicted, guess someone else is going to have to explain to me why this is a big or important story.

I guess a guy beheading a wife after she expresses a desire to get a divorce is no big deal in Egypt but it is not what I would call a minor story.

---------- Post added February-8th-2011 at 02:18 PM ----------

NavyDave's the poster. Think about it.

Yeah, you are right this is just a non story. The Wife probably deserved it, after all if she would have just shut up, stayed behind her man, and accepted the abuse and stayed barefoot, in the kitchen and less than human she might still be alive. :rolleyes: :doh:

Yeah, you are right this is just a non story. The Wife probably deserved it, after all if she would have just shut up, stayed behind her man, and accepted the abuse and stayed barefoot, in the kitchen and less than human she might still be alive. :rolleyes: :doh:

Yeah, crazily enough in this thread you're the bleeding heart liberal.

Hey, what married man doesn't want some head from time to time.

Gee, I don't remember ND posting about the white woman who shot her kids for being mouthy....

Actually I posted that story on an African American and the political section on an Media sharing BBS. My jokes about her being a soccer mom instead of a momma Grizzly didn't go over well.

I guess a guy beheading a wife after she expresses a desire to get a divorce is no big deal in Egypt but it is not what I would call a minor story.

---------- Post added February-8th-2011 at 02:18 PM ----------

So why haven't you did you choose this story to talk about domestic violence?

Edit: No one is condoning this or saying this is anything other than disgusting. No one. So why is the second part of your post necessary at all?

So I should do the wussy liberal thing and pretend it didn't happen or ignore it because he is Muslim?

I think quite a few people have noted that it's newsworthy. However, people have expressed reservations about why you have posted links to articles about this crime on several occasions. In light of your previous posts regarding Muslims, I would think those reservations are well-founded. One crime committed by one person doesn't exactly prove your belief (which you've stated numerous times) that Islam is a religion of violence and that Muslims are crazy zealouts.

So I should do the wussy liberal thing and pretend it didn't happen or ignore it because he is Muslim?

No, you should pretend that he did it BECAUSE he was Muslim. That he had to do it because of his religion.

Because you are Navy Dave, and you are incapable of anything else.

Of course.

But that isn't the context in which ND brought it up.

I think if anyone else had posted it, that would be the topic.

But since ND did .. along with his rhetorical opening question..

~Bang

Yeah adding the question, that was part of the related links at the bottom of the page is just rhetoric, and since people just love the messenger so much it should not be considered.

No, you should pretend that he did it BECAUSE he was Muslim. That he had to do it because of his religion.

Because you are Navy Dave, and you are incapable of anything else.

Huh?. He murdered his wife and he beheaded her there is nothing to pretend about. Nothing was stated in this article about him being a follower of Sharia law or anything radical, if there is evidence that he is then yeah you could say that he did it because of the perverted perception of an otherwise normal religion.

So why haven't you did you choose this story to talk about domestic violence?

Why not? It was after all the front page story on CNN.com last night. A beheading isn't exactly run of the mill stuff in the US. This isn't even a machete wielding gang banger thug either... a TV exec cut his wife's head off.

That's news in the US. I don't see why the man being muslim should somehow prevent us from talking about it. I actually thought about posting this very same thread today because I thought his defense was so amazing that it was worthy of comment. He defended a beheading by saying his wife was mean and threatened to take his kids, which is basically a common divorce scenario in the US.

My point eactly. This is a story, but if the guy's name was John Smith and he was a Christian he wouldn't post this.

I wouldn't have to, the Atheist demographic would beat me to it.

---------- Post added February-8th-2011 at 02:59 PM ----------

Didn't OJ essentially behead Nicole Simpson? I seem to remember that detail.

OJ was found not guilty of double murder, because the gloves didn't fit you had to acquit. And it was world wide coverage. I saw the verdict in Sicily. So there is no comparison and people should go out to Calif and help find the true killers of Nicole and her boyfriend. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't have to, the Atheist demographic would beat me to it.

Not if he was a Christian, but if he was a prominent Christian there is no doubt about it. Then people would openly slam Christianity and all of the same people currently ****ing about faith being unfairly blamed (even when it's not being blamed at all) would suddenly either be silent or singing a different tune. We know how that works on this forum at least.

I doubt it. How often do people start threads about crimes committed by Christians for the purpose of saying .... "Look! Christians are whackos!"? Not very often.

True to an extent they general jump to conclusions that conservatives committed a domestic terrorist act before the facts come out.

Why not? It was after all the front page story on CNN.com last night. A beheading isn't exactly run of the mill stuff in the US. This isn't even a machete wielding gang banger thug either... a TV exec cut his wife's head off.

That's news in the US. I don't see why the man being muslim should somehow prevent us from talking about it. I actually thought about posting this very same thread today because I thought his defense was so amazing that it was worthy of comment. He defended a beheading by saying his wife was mean and threatened to take his kids, which is basically a common divorce scenario in the US.

Thats a fair point. I just didn't see this as a really high profile case, Muslim or not. Domestic violence happens every day and while he was a TV exec I am not sure how well known he was. Although beheading is very gruesome and I guess shock sells. I am however curious as to why Navy Dave decided to post "Honor Killing????" as his commentary when that is no where in the story or not advanced by any party.

I was reading the thread (and my PMs) and thought once again of how much work it is at times (and over the years) to keep certain posters around here as long as possible without seriously undermining our rules and guidelines.

I do take my share of grief for such choices, and often from more than a few. In ND's case, I still think I have a justifiable position. IMV, ND does just enough properly by ES standards in his posting and (barely) avoids just enough "wrong" to help me support that choice and I think he represents a meaningful voice that has a place here as long as things don't one day "go too far" per our rules and guidelines. As an immaterial side note, I find it interesting that I believe I would get along fine with ND in 3D for various reasons, despite all the matters we'd strongly disagree on.

However, while thinking of my "feeling" about this matter while reading, I was reminded of the feeling (call it "serious loss of patience") Mr. Jack displays in this scene---not that I'm all the way there yet. :D

Per the topic, the extreme nature of the murder makes it a tailgate-normal thread and worthy of the little extra element of shock or disgust over, say, a more traditional and commonplace American fatal beating/shooting of your woman :), just as it is also appropriate in the thread to explore any possibly implied anti-"them" fly-casts or "usual motive" attached to ND's choice of OP material. Such is easily warranted by ND's substantial history of past conduct engaging in exactly such manner.

Carry on and God Bless America :)

:D

Archived