Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Muzzammil Hassan convicted of beheading wife after only 50 minutes of deliberations

NavyDave

I am however curious as to why Navy Dave decided to post "Honor Killing????" as his commentary when that is no where in the story or not advanced by any party.

If you read the previous post of mine and went to the bottom of the page of the story you would see related articles and comments that had the question honor killing? and yeah a muslim using an extreme way to off his wife after she says she wants a divorce does make that question credible.

Or do you expect me to be politically correct and pretend that honor killings do not happen in the USA? If so you are interacting with the wrong guy.

If you read the previous post of mine and went to the bottom of the page of the story you would see related articles and comments that had the question honor killing? and yeah a muslim using an extreme way to off his wife after she says she wants a divorce does make that question credible.

Or do you expect me to be politically correct and pretend that honor killings do not happen in the USA? If so you are interacting with the wrong guy.

Wait, are you really pointing to the comments section of an article as providing a valid reason for the rhetorical "honor killing" question you posted before you provided the link to an article that said nothing about "honor killing"? Was it? No way to know. There aren't any facts that it was and he never said anything about it. It seems mostly like he was a complete lunatic (considering the way he was apparently acting and talking in the court room). Sorry, but that is a bit disingenuous and a pretty weak excuse for the loaded question you started out with, ND.

Since it seems disputed ,let's argue it

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,494785,00.html

The beheading of 37-year-old Aasiya Hassan has all the markings of an honor killing, psychologists and Islamic experts tell FOXNews.com, as the upstate New York woman's husband awaits a preliminary hearing on murder charges.

http://www.newsrealblog.com/2011/02/06/inside-the-mind-of-an-islamist-5-keys-to-the-psychology-of-an-honor-killer/

Inside the Mind of an Islamist: 5 Keys to the Psychology of an Honor Killer

Since it seems disputed ,let's argue it

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,494785,00.html

The beheading of 37-year-old Aasiya Hassan has all the markings of an honor killing, psychologists and Islamic experts tell FOXNews.com, as the upstate New York woman's husband awaits a preliminary hearing on murder charges.

http://www.newsrealblog.com/2011/02/06/inside-the-mind-of-an-islamist-5-keys-to-the-psychology-of-an-honor-killer/

Inside the Mind of an Islamist: 5 Keys to the Psychology of an Honor Killer

So does anyone actually intimate with the case say anything about it being an honor killing or is it just people who have an agenda and haven't had actual access to the guy who committed the crime.. Oh wait no its people who are brought in to find a specific conclusion because it fits a narrative that people want pushed. When someone who actually is qualified and has had access to the Hassan says something then it becomes disputed, just because some people like Chessler, who tends to blame all the ills of the world on Islam, I am surprised we don't see a Mr. Spencer or Mr. Pipes also say it was an honor killing. Lets wait until someone actually qualified brings that up before we call it disputed.

Edit: I'll give you a hint all it takes for someone like Chessler to find it an honor killing is a Muslim sounding name.

OJ was found not guilty of double murder, because the gloves didn't fit you had to acquit. And it was world wide coverage. I saw the verdict in Sicily. So there is no comparison and people should go out to Calif and help find the true killers of Nicole and her boyfriend. :rolleyes:

Seriously??

Go try to put on a leather glove while wearing latex gloves then get back to me. Then go find some evidence of a courtroom allowing a suspected murderer to wear or handle any evidence they find in an investigation.

That whole trial was a joke.

Why do you feel it is not a honor killing?

Chessler at least put forth a argument

Because he didn't bring up honor as any part of it or any motive there is nothing other than him being a Muslim that would suggest this is an "honor killing" unless of course you want to call any domestic violence that comes from a breakup or divorce an honor killing. I think that is counterproductive because honor killings do occur and its a tragedy but trying to politicize this case and make it something it isn't doesn't help that, its just a way to stir up hate/blame Islam on something that had nothing to do with Islam. I think an honor killing needs to be more specific then wife broke up or wanted a divorce and he killed her. Honor killings have to be done specifically to preserve the family or tribe in the wider community. Absolutely nothing in this case suggests that.

So does anyone actually intimate with the case say anything about it being an honor killing or is it just people who have an agenda and haven't had actual access to the guy who committed the crime.. Oh wait no its people who are brought in to find a specific conclusion because it fits a narrative that people want pushed. When someone who actually is qualified and has had access to the Hassan says something then it becomes disputed, just because some people like Chessler, who tends to blame all the ills of the world on Islam, I am surprised we don't see a Mr. Spencer or Mr. Pipes also say it was an honor killing. Lets wait until someone actually qualified brings that up before we call it disputed.

Edit: I'll give you a hint all it takes for someone like Chessler to find it an honor killing is a Muslim sounding name.

Painting with broad, often prejudice-driven, strokes and jumping to agenda-driven conclusions are common in this and many other related matters. Yet I could certainly see thinking it's probably an "honor-killing." It would be fairly reasonable to consider it the most likely circumstance. Normally, using a knife to behead someone is neither a "heat of the moment" event nor a "typical" premeditated move (like stabbing with a handy knife might be). It seems the choice of action would be deliberate and calculated in this particular form, even if there is passion behind it.

However, I also find aspects of the identification of "etxra horror" of this murder and the "religious component" as related to cultural superiority/inferiority (specifically in the matter of ****ing murders like this) highly questionable in fundamental merit.

"Honor" fueled rage by an Arab/Muslim, if that's how you want to frame it, or pride/jealousy/feeling of betrayal (per divorce re: the party not wanting it) fueled rage by a Christian/American (the equivalent other frame), and the tools/ways used to carry out any such murder, are horses of minimally different colors in the end. The victims are just as dead and just as much a victim, either way, just as their killers are just as much a murderer either way.

In America many women are killed every year (and men too, though fewer for the same reason) out of jealous rage, which is linked to pride/ego, which is just another cultural way of saying "honor." In the end, these distinctions of words and cultural components pale beyond the base commonality of these ugliest sides of human behaviors.

The beheading of this woman is barbaric, savage, and reflects the worst of man---Muslim/Arab, or otherwise. Shooting, stabbing, or beating a woman to death by Christian/American, or otherwise, does essentially the same.

This is not saying there is no discourse relevant to have between the pros and cons of major differences in cultural components overall. Most significantly in this topic, IMO, is that any culture that might excuse taking a life for such reasons as acceptable in any way (which we don't, as a society) is indeed needing to change that specific barbarism. We have our own forms of ugly to handle. But simply posturing over which culture's woman-killers is "worse" seems like another exercise in crippled thinking serving no productive point.

Seriously??

Go try to put on a leather glove while wearing latex gloves then get back to me. Then go find some evidence of a courtroom allowing a suspected murderer to wear or handle any evidence they find in an investigation.

That whole trial was a joke.

Son, before making knee jerk responses you could actually read my post and realize with the rolleyes smilie, that I'm being saracastic.

Even most people brave enough to admit they are in tidewater by choice (though you could be stationed there like I was) should be able to figure that out.

An old but funny joke one of the babes from ODU told me about some girls near military circle (not true really)

We Don't Drink

We Don't Smoke

Nor Folk, Nor Folk

Archived