Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYSCEF: New York - Tort <SUMMONS + COMPLAINT> (DANIEL M. SNYDER - v. - ATALAYA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LP et al)

TK

If he had to pay some of that 2.5 million he was involved in some form or fashion. This reminds me of whole redskins ticket issue last year. It seems the people around Synder hire a bunch of "great" employees.

It all depends when it took place not if he had to pay personally or not. The settlement happened after he had sold the team, but how long was it in court and what years did the investigation cover. That's the question.

It all depends when it took place not if he had to pay personally or not. The settlement happened after he had sold the team, but how long was it in court and what years did the investigation cover. That's the question.

Thanks - between you and me it's been asked three times now. Does anyone know the answer?

Already quoted, but it needs to be quoted again for your benefit.

from a 2001 lawsuit that resulted in Snyder Communications paying $3.1 million:

""In the case of Snyder Communications, our investigation revealed thousands of instances in which the marketing agent's representatives forged customers' signatures to switch them to GTE long-distance....The allegations were settled through two separate agreements, one calling for Verizon and Snyder to collectively pay $2.5 million for actions attributable to Snyder representatives and another calling for Verizon to pay $600,000 for actions attributable to its own sales personnel."

As I said before, McKenna is a class act. Snyder is a sociopath. People who defend him are likely on his payroll (or perhaps you just have a thing for rich people that treat the world like excrement).

First off, you don't know if it happened before or after Snyder. Secondly, there's a big difference between saying Snyder's company was responsible for forgery and outright accusing Snyder of forgery.

And third, no "class act" would drag a man's wife into their beef with a team owner, nor would the purposely misrepresent the reason she was on tv to suit their agenda, being completely insensitive to her cause and what she had just gone through with cancer. Yeah, McKenna's a real "class act," if the class you're talking about is kindergarten.

Nm. I'm an idiot that searched for "forge" thinking it'd turn up "forgery", etc. Not so.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 02:12 PM ----------

That was also George Allen's way.

Seems like Shula won that one.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 02:15 PM ----------

sounds more like a thread for the cleveland indians board

I hope you're kidding. If there's one good thing that might come out of this potential lawsuit, it's that the short-sighted antisemitism comment might finally get the team renamed.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 02:23 PM ----------

Already quoted, but it needs to be quoted again for your benefit.

from a 2001 lawsuit that resulted in Snyder Communications paying $3.1 million

Thanks for digging that up. I wasn't able to Google that up back when I initially read the Cranky Guide, and it was driving me crazy.

Under the Snyder/Verizon agreement, Snyder Direct Services, the division of Snyder Communications which marketed GTE’s long-distance in Florida, will shut down and forever cease all operations in Florida. Snyder Communications has in turn agreed to suspend all in-person solicitations of long-distance customers for 10 years.

That's a serious screw-up. Surprise!

If you combine this with the Six Flags debacle, the pedestrian traffic crud, the attempted Mastercard fiasco, even the Audi spam, and, even worse from my seat, the babyish ice cream and plasma "gifts", you end up with a petulant owner who (if you saw him on E:60) got lucky after he risked his father's money and maxed his father's credit. He's not a business genius. He was lucky. He's acted in underhanded ways before, and surrounds himself with people who like those tactics. It's the choice of business associates that makes the slamming stick to him personally. Can't say I'm buying elkabong82's reply that we don't know if Snyder was there or not. The company's Snyder's baby, and it looks like its father.

Btw, I really like this new post-appending mechanism so that I'm not worried about spamming new posts any more. Very nice.

I am Jewish, and you're an antisemite for making fun of me with little yellow laughy faces!

TK, do you get paid to run this board, btw? Any sort of stipend, marketing fee, anything at all? If so, please disclose.

I've already answered that, yesterday. ;)

But hey, while we're discussing each other's financials, can you please disclose your last three years tax returns?

I've already answered that, yesterday. ;)

But hey, while we're discussing each other's financials, can you please disclose your last three years tax returns?

sorry, didn't see where you answered it. Please link. And I don't need to see your tax returns. Just common journalistic disclosure, please.

You're free to look it up yourself instead of wanting me to do your work for you. :)

Also, please list your last 3 employers along with your tax returns. Oh, & list your height, & the color of your kitchen walls too please. Thanks in advance.

You're free to look it up yourself instead of wanting me to do your work for you. :)

Also, please list your last 3 employers along with your tax returns. Oh, & list your height, & the color of your kitchen walls too please. Thanks in advance.

I guess I don't want to look through every one of your posts. You don't sound like you are very proud of the answer, btw.

I guess I don't want to look through every one of your posts. You don't sound like you are very proud of the answer, btw.

None of the mods are paid for their services. It gets mentioned on here quite a bit, especially when people thank them for their work because it is voluntary. Only benefits I know of that they get is better access to the team than common fans. Is that about right TK?

Or..... that he allowed alcohol to be sold in the bathrooms. lol. JK. Remember when with out a doubt it had to be Snyder that had the vendors going into the bathrooms selling beer.

Well, it's still his responsibility. If a bartender in a bar serves drinks to minors regularly and gets caught, guess who gets shut down? The bar owner pays the fine, and could lose his license. Snyder owns the team and the stadium, correct?

Well, it's still his responsibility. If a bartender in a bar serves drinks to minors regularly and gets caught, guess who gets shut down? The bar owner pays the fine, and could lose his license. Snyder owns the team and the stadium, correct?

You are correct Snyder is responsible.

But if a paper went and said that the bar owner was caught serving drinks to minors, would that be a correct statement, or would it be a false allegation?

Because McKenna stated it was Snyder who was caught forging, and implies Snyder ordered old peanuts be sold and made selling beers in the bathroom a policy. Just because he doesn't know about it does not excuse Snyder from being faulted, but it does excuse him from being accused of direct involvement.

You sound like you're lazy. :)

Guys, guys, you're hijacking an otherwise interesting thread.

Because McKenna stated it was Snyder who was caught forging, and implies Snyder ordered old peanuts be sold and made selling beers in the bathroom a policy. Just because he doesn't know about it does not excuse Snyder from being faulted, but it does excuse him from being accused of direct involvement.

Yeah, it looks like McKenna poorly penned that line about Snyder forging docs. (But I do like my line in the previous post about the company being Snyder's baby and it looking like its father.) Too many of Snyder's business decisions favor (as in "look similar to") the slamming, and that's a serious penalty and punishment Snyder Comm got in FL. This is one of those preponderance of evidence deals, at least in the court of public opinion. The guy's a PR nightmare. Where does he show that he's a good guy, one that I'd feel good about giving my business? Short of opening his pocketbook for coaches and players, um... And now I don't even think he's doing that for the good of the team. Seriously, Gibbs had to humor Snyder with meetings during the season? Sheesh.

If most everything Snyder touched turned to gold, then fine. There are more Six Flags than Snyder Comms, and even the culture of the latter has a bad smell around it. He's not a winning owner. He's a loser in the NFL. And he's a loser for blackmailing the City Paper.

Yeah, it looks like McKenna poorly penned that line about Snyder forging docs. (But I do like my line in the previous post about the company being Snyder's baby and it looking like its father.)

If most everything Snyder touched turned to gold, then fine. There are more Six Flags than Snyder Comms, and even the culture of the latter has a bad smell around it. He's not a winning owner. He's a loser in the NFL. And he's a loser for blackmailing the City Paper.

I lol'd at the Snyder's baby part.

I agree he can be a PR nightmare, and his grudge with the local media has worsened it ten-fold.

That doesn't excuse false allegations. Even if he is a loser as an NFL owner, as you put it, he still deserves to be criticized fairly and with factual statements.

You are correct Snyder is responsible.

But if a paper went and said that the bar owner was caught serving drinks to minors, would that be a correct statement, or would it be a false allegation?

Not knowing what's going on is never a valid excuse. We all should know that. Hell, every CO on a US Navy Ship knows it, every bar owner knows it, the President of the US knows it, Police Captains know it, if you don't know what's going on then it's your own fault for not providing adequate training, which was brought up in the case of the Beer in the Bathroom deal. There was 1 company mentioned that trains workers for 20+ NFL teams vendors, which the Redskins choose not to employ.

So can Snyder prove that McKenna claimed that he PERSONALLY forged signatures, and he did it with malice, in a court of law? When it's been repeated in the media for years that Snyder's personal business settled out of court over forgeries? McKenna isn't the first to make this claim and him being the owner and name of the company makes him responsible anyway.

For all the legal fans here there is an expert from GMU talking the points on The Fan right now and just repeating that it is going to be so hard to prove anything. Danny has to prove that his reputation was damaged severely from this article, and it wasn't. Remember to win this type of case there is more then just getting someone to admit to not putting facts in a story, you have to prove the damages from it.

They even mentioned the WP went and say the video of his wife and Danny is claiming things that did not even happen. The comment that his lawyer said on the The Fan the other day also mentioned something about her cancer, once again not said at all in the article and so they now are wondering if the City Paper is going to counter sue because of the comments.

This is pathetic and waste of time for our courts.

None of the mods are paid for their services. It gets mentioned on here quite a bit, especially when people thank them for their work because it is voluntary. Only benefits I know of that they get is better access to the team than common fans. Is that about right TK?

First sentence is true. Third sentence is not, necessarily. There are many fans who are far more wise and knowledgeable than any mod. *edit* sorry- misread your sentence. ES does get press passes. I don't cover games, neither does Mark, Jumbo, or PCS. TK is the only mod that does anymore. And he was a homer long before ES was owned :D

But I love how random internet jerkoffs show up here and start demanding that we explain ourselves. To anyone who does at this point, go **** yourself. Seriously. :)

First sentence is true. Third sentence is not, necessarily. There are many fans who are far more wise and knowledgeable than any mod. *edit* sorry- misread your sentence. ES does get press passes. I don't cover games, neither does Mark, Jumbo, or PCS. TK is the only mod that does anymore. And he was a homer long before ES was owned :D

But I love how random internet jerkoffs show up here and start demanding that we explain ourselves. To anyone who does at this point, go **** yourself. Seriously. :)

McKenna's next article: Billionaire Snyder Refuses to Pay His Website Staff. :ols:

Not knowing what's going on is never a valid excuse. We all should know that. Hell, every CO on a US Navy Ship knows it, every bar owner knows it, the President of the US knows it, Police Captains know it, if you don't know what's going on then it's your own fault for not providing adequate training, which was brought up in the case of the Beer in the Bathroom deal. There was 1 company mentioned that trains workers for 20+ NFL teams vendors, which the Redskins choose not to employ.

So can Snyder prove that McKenna claimed that he PERSONALLY forged signatures, and he did it with malice, in a court of law? When it's been repeated in the media for years that Snyder's personal business settled out of court over forgeries? McKenna isn't the first to make this claim and him being the owner and name of the company makes him responsible anyway.

You didn't answer my question, you side-stepped it and are arguing as if I said Snyder isn't responsible, eventhough I clearly said he was responsible as owner.

Again though, here is my question to you and I would appreciate an answer: If a bartender serves a minor, is caught, and the owner is fined, then is a paper correct if it claims that the owner was serving minors? The answer is obvious no, hence Mckenna is wrong. It doesn't matter what his intent was, he flat out said Snyder was forging, of which he has absolutely no proof.

How would you feel as the bar owner if your bartender did something stupid and then the papers claimed you were the one serving minors?

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 07:42 PM ----------

McKenna's next article: Billionaire Snyder Refuses to Pay His Website Staff. :ols:

lol.

McKenna did already claim though that Snyder has paid henchman on here and that the mods are paid to defend him, just to add on to McKenna's "credibility" lol

TK, I warned you about those antisemetic smiley faces.....now look what you've done!

"the yellow smiley face is inappropriate and unacceptable when a symbol like this - associated with virulent anti-Semitism going back to the Middle Ages, deployed by the genocidal Nazi regime, by Soviet propagandists and even in 2011 by those who still seek to demonize Jews today - is used by a moderator of a fanboard in our Nation's Capital against a member of the Jewish community."

Btw, this idiocy is starting to generate quite a bit of criticism for the wiesenthal center

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/02/oh-cut-the-crap-simon-wiesenthal-center/70735/

You know who else hates the :) ?

McKenna.

Don't believe it, just go ask Om. :)

In all seriousness, I think McKenna is a really good sports writer. I'm not sure if any of you hear much from him other than on this board, but he's actually been doing some really interesting, off-beat investigative sports reporting for many years in dc. In a town of really sorry, lazy sports writing (that's you Jason Reid), he is always worth reading.

Now does he have a bone to pick with Snyder? Of course he does, but so should every self-respecting Redskins fan, right?

In all seriousness, I think McKenna is a really good sports writer. I'm not sure if any of you hear much from him other than on this board, but he's actually been doing some really interesting, off-beat investigative sports reporting for many years in dc. In a town of really sorry, lazy sports writing (that's you Jason Reid), he is always worth reading.

And this is the worst part of Snyder's (or perhaps I should say "Snyder's representation" just to show I've been reading the thread) threat here is that he's (urm, his representation is) pretending to be willing to take down the home for such "really interesting, off-beat investigative... reporting" over a pretty minor micturition match.

He's got to stop looking at the short term and learn to build something. Or at least to sell it to someone who can.

Archived