Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYSCEF: New York - Tort <SUMMONS + COMPLAINT> (DANIEL M. SNYDER - v. - ATALAYA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LP et al)

TK

Case Caption: DANIEL M. SNYDER - v. - ATALAYA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LP et al

1 SUMMONS + COMPLAINT

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=tirVQewp3Wt/s2j+6wUb0A==&system=prod

Summons & Complaint 02/02/2011 08:00 PM

1-1 EXHIBIT(S)

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=tirVQewp3WvJj4J7E1gx1A==&system=prod

Exhibit A to Complaint 02/02/2011 08:00 PM

1-2 EXHIBIT(S)

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=tirVQewp3WvBPNmfLr1iGA==&system=prod

Exhibit B to Complaint 02/02/2011 08:00 PM

1-3 EXHIBIT(S)

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=tirVQewp3WvJdTjX/g9YiQ==&system=prod

Exhibit C to Complaint 02/02/2011 08:00 PM

1-4 EXHIBIT(S)

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=tirVQewp3Ws1eN6FGDX3Pg==&system=prod

Exhibit D to Complaint 02/02/2011 08:00 PM

If the document does not display after clicking the hyperlink, cut and paste the entire hyperlink into your browser.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbe...==&system=prod

I've said in the other threads that I think Snyder does build a compelling case, because McKenna alleges certain things against Snyder which clearly he doesn't control (peanuts, beer in bathrooms, toy prices, are on the vendors), misrepresents the purpose of Snyder's wife's airtime on channel 8 as being solely there as Snyder's mouthpiece, when in fact that and her comment about Snyder at the end (prompted by a reporter, not by her) were completely unrelated to her actual puprose for being there.

The fact McKenna never once in the 44 articles written about Snyder ever attempted to contact Snyder for his side shows a major lack of journalistic integrity. Not to mention a professional paper would never issue something with those silly pictures on it, racist or not.

I have yet to see the people displeased with Snyder on this actually break down the grievances he lists and explain why they are silly.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbe...==&system=prod

I've said in the other threads that I think Snyder does build a compelling case, because McKenna alleges certain things against Snyder which clearly he doesn't control (peanuts, beer in bathrooms, toy prices, are on the vendors), misrepresents the purpose of Snyder's wife's airtime on channel 8 as being solely there as Snyder's mouthpiece, when in fact that and her comment about Snyder at the end (prompted by a reporter, not by her) were completely unrelated to her actual puprose for being there.

The fact McKenna never once in the 44 articles written about Snyder ever attempted to contact Snyder for his side shows a major lack of journalistic integrity. Not to mention a professional paper would never issue something with those silly pictures on it, racist or not.

I have yet to see the people displeased with Snyder on this actually break down the grievances he lists and explain why they are silly.

to me, as a person who despises Snyder (so I guess I count as a person displeased with Snyder), its not about the case City Paper could have said he killed a man and it wouldn't change my opinion. I have no sympathy for City Paper or their reporters. I really don't care about how they treat Snyder nor how Snyder treats them. I care about how Snyder treats me. And in my personal opinion, he treats me (and the fans) like ****! Now, I know thats a well contested opinion here on extremeskins. I know that many are satisfied (happy) that he wants to win and is willing to spend money. To me thats like an abused housewife saying, "at least he loves me". Well just like I'd tell the housewife that if he loved you he wouldn't beat you, what I say to these Snyder defenders is that if he wanted to win, he wouldn't keep making the same stupid mistakes. Some say he's not involved any more, but I refuse to believe that. He (redskins park) says that he's not involved, but they said that during the Gibbs years, They said that in the Zorn years I guess it depends on who you believe. I trust some people more than others and when George Michael tells me that Danny was behind just about every big decision here in DC, its hard for me to ignore that as just media hype. Others may, but I don't.

This man is about hype. He wants to keep the Redskins in the presses so that he can keep the jersey sales coming.

to me, as a person who despises Snyder (so I guess I count as a person displeased with Snyder), its not about the case City Paper could have said he killed a man and it wouldn't change my opinion. I have no sympathy for City Paper or their reporters. I really don't care about how they treat Snyder nor how Snyder treats them. I care about how Snyder treats me. And in my personal opinion, he treats me (and the fans) like ****! Now, I know thats a well contested opinion here on extremeskins. I know that many are satisfied (happy) that he wants to win and is willing to spend money. To me thats like an abused housewife saying, "at least he loves me". Well just like I'd tell the housewife that if he loved you he wouldn't beat you, what I say to these Snyder defenders is that if he wanted to win, he wouldn't keep making the same stupid mistakes. Some say he's not involved any more, but I refuse to believe that. He (redskins park) says that he's not involved, but they said that during the Gibbs years, They said that in the Zorn years I guess it depends on who you believe. I trust some people more than others and when George Michael tells me that Danny was behind just about every big decision here in DC, its hard for me to ignore that as just media hype. Others may, but I don't.

This man is about hype. He wants to keep the Redskins in the presses so that he can keep the jersey sales coming.

With all due respect, what does any of that have to do with the facts of this case?

absolutely nothing. I've got no horse in this race. I'm just in it for the entertainment. I just despise Snyder for what he's done to my team.

Fair enough, and I would have responded to you previously but BRAVE covered it. But you do realize there are plenty of threads to express your disdain for Snyder, you even have a signature you can do it in, but you're frustration with Snyder is irrelevant to this thread.

Please keep in mind while it may be entertaining to you, those of us trying to seriously discuss the matter don't find the rantings of someone who can't separate their dislike of Snyder long enough look at this case on its own merit, very entertaining at all.

---------- Post added February-2nd-2011 at 10:13 PM ----------

sure some of this could be relevant....but does anyone remember anything "anti-semetic" in any of the articles? That's a bit much

If you read up on this, you'd have seen that the anti-semetic part was about the picture of Snyder having horns scribbled in. Jewish people having horns is an anti-semtic slur which is very, very old. It may be a reach, but unless you are Jewish you can't really say what is and isn't offensive to them.

absolutely nothing. I've got no horse in this race. I'm just in it for the entertainment. I just despise Snyder for what he's done to my team.

I'm not a huge Dan Snyder fan myself but I get kinda tired of hearing about how he's "ruined the Washington Redskins."

People seem to conveniently forget about the 6 years prior to his ownership. :2cents:

Exhibit C to Complaint 02/02/2011 08:00 PM

1-4 EXHIBIT(S)

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=tirVQewp3Ws1eN6FGDX3Pg==&system=prod

Exhibit D to Complaint 02/02/2011 08:00 PM

If the document does not display after clicking the hyperlink, cut and paste the entire hyperlink into your browser.

I wonder if that's Dans actual phone number, or just a generic number to RP

Well that was quite the read. It was interesting to find out that McKenna's bosses were in direct competition with Dan in their buisness ventures. That actually gives his case some leverage, and it will at the very least force them to tone down the rhetoric that they are using for fear of more court confrontations. They now know that there is a line there, and if they step across it then Snyder has both the temperament and the resources to drag them into court and waste their money as often as he desires.

The end result of this will probably be that McKenna is either fired or is told behind the scenes to tone it down, neither of which I would particularly object to at this point.

Fair enough, and I would have responded to you previously but BRAVE covered it. But you do realize there are plenty of threads to express your disdain for Snyder, you even have a signature you can do it in, but you're frustration with Snyder is irrelevant to this thread.

Please keep in mind while it may be entertaining to you, those of us trying to seriously discuss the matter don't find the rantings of someone who can't separate their dislike of Snyder long enough look at this case on its own merit, very entertaining at all.

I understand that and I appreciate your candidness. Truth is, threads like this fascinate me because like much of extremeskins I find people posting about stuff they likely know very little about. Initially the threads were full of the Snyder bashers talking about how he doesn't know PR and how he shouldn't be suing the little guy. Then when story broke about the forged signatures, suddenly the Snyder bashers were quieter and the Snyder supporters started talking more. But I'm like, what do we really know? Snyder has his claims and City Paper dude has his claims. As new info comes about, we'll learn it, but until then, what can we do. Act like one side is right or wrong?

sure some of this could be relevant....but does anyone remember anything "anti-semetic" in any of the articles? That's a bit much

Exibit D

Paragraph 3

Likewise, how would you react if you were vilified by an anti-Semitic caricature of you? I will not elaborate on the views of the assistant director director of the Simon Weisenthal Center, Rabbi Cooper, regarding your paper's caricature of Mr Snyder other then that he said such images have been used to demean Jews since the Middle Ages and he found it to be extremely insulting, offensive, and disturbing.

Good point ThinkingSkins.

Just want to point out that the first thing I did was look over the article in question, and then I posted the parts I thought were incorrect that would give Snyder a basis for what he's doing. Lo and behold not much longer after that post the City Paper article highliting the letter from Snyder listing the grievances came out, and a bunch of those grievances matched what I had. Hence I'm inclined to side with Snyder.

Plus when many headlines are reading that Snyder called for McKenna to be fired, and in fact nowhere in the letter does Snyder actually call for such action, it leads me to believe again that he is right in this.

The Simon Wiesenthal Center, a leading Jewish human rights organization, called on the Washington City Paper Wednesday to apologize to Redskins owner Daniel Snyder for a November photo that depicted him with devil's horns.

"Public figures, including an owner of an NFL team, are fair game for criticism and even derision," said Rabbi Abraham Cooper, associate dean of the Wiesenthal Center. "However it is inappropriate and unacceptable when a symbol like this--associated with virulent anti-Semitism going back to the Middle Ages, deployed by the genocidal Nazi regime, by Soviet propagandists and even in 2011 by those who still seek to demonize Jews today--is used on the front cover of a publication in our Nation's Capital against a member of the Jewish community."

Anyone who defends Snyder or takes this garbage seriously is an utter, utter fool. Using threats to try and take away someone's freedom of speech is despicable in a manner that deserves its own category on the A-Z list. No jury in the country would find in Snyder's favor; he just wants the City Paper to go out of business defending itself.

McKenna is an hero for writing this, and and hope his paper fights to the death defending itself against such ugly, sickening, unamerican bullying.

Plus when many headlines are reading that Snyder called for McKenna to be fired, and in fact nowhere in the letter does Snyder actually call for such action, it leads me to believe again that he is right in this.

I replied to this in the other thread. I think it depends on how you read it.

---------- Post added February-2nd-2011 at 11:10 PM ----------

New thread for the Tailgate...

Which is more offensive, cartoon devil horns or cartoon Native American mascots?

don't say that here. People get offended when you insult the name "Redskins"

</sarcasm>

The Simon Wiesenthal Center, a leading Jewish human rights organization, called on the Washington City Paper Wednesday to apologize to Redskins owner Daniel Snyder for a November photo that depicted him with devil's horns.

"Public figures, including an owner of an NFL team, are fair game for criticism and even derision," said Rabbi Abraham Cooper, associate dean of the Wiesenthal Center. "However it is inappropriate and unacceptable when a symbol like this--associated with virulent anti-Semitism going back to the Middle Ages, deployed by the genocidal Nazi regime, by Soviet propagandists and even in 2011 by those who still seek to demonize Jews today--is used on the front cover of a publication in our Nation's Capital against a member of the Jewish community."

Speaking as a Jew, I wonder whether Mr. Cooper would be offended if I drew horns and a silly moustache on Bernard Madoff?

In unrelated news, native americans still find the word "redskins" and whooping and hollering in stupid looking feather-dress costumes offensive.

Anyone who defends Snyder or takes this garbage seriously is an utter, utter fool. Using threats to try and take away someone's freedom of speech is despicable in a manner that deserves its own category on the A-Z list. No jury in the country would find in Snyder's favor; he just wants the City Paper to go out of business defending itself.

McKenna is an hero for writing this, and and hope his paper fights to the death defending itself against such ugly, sickening, unamerican bullying.

You completely missed the part where McKenna accused Snyder of forgery, which is a felony, didn't you.

Anyone who defends Snyder or takes this garbage seriously is an utter, utter fool.

How about the people who defend a journalist that makes false allegations, as have been listed in this thread and in the links of the lawsuit provid in the OP?

You should address those points that have ben argued for why Snyder has a case, instead of just dismissing them as nonsense. Several things McKenna said, as have been discussed here and in other threads and again is provided in the links in the OP, were wrong and could be harmful to Snyder's image as a businessman, especially the forgery accusation, and the City Paper and it's parent company just so happen to be competitors in various facets against Snyder. As others have said, there might be meat on those bones. So again you address those points before so casually dismissing them as if they haven't been mentioned or argued so far.

Archived