Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 College Football Thread

SkinsHokieFan

Hey, Jim Delany, **** you up :moon: with a poison-spike-covered football:

Sugar: Michigan-Va Tech. Remember Delany went to wall for Sugar, got Pryor et al eligible. No way going to make UM play Boise. Quid pro quo

Every bit of logic BCS lovers use has been completely destroyed this year.

"Every game counts." Obviously not. If it did, LSU would already have the trophy. As is, they have to play a team they already beat in their own house.

"It makes the regular season more exciting." How exciting was that LSU/Bama game now that we know it was basically meaningless?

"Playoffs would make the regular season meaningless." Well, considering that Virginia Tech, Stanford, and Oklahoma State knew that they didn't have a shot of playing in the national title game despite losing the same number of games as Alabama, how would ALL of their games for the previews few weeks have NOT been more exciting if they thought they could still get in?

BTW, Dan Wetzel's 16-team playoff bracket should be out tomorrow. I'll post it here.

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 08:34 PM ----------

Someone seriously paid someone off. There's no way Tech should have gotten into the Sugar after last night.
Hey, Jim Delany, **** you up :moon: with a poison-spike-covered football:

Someone seriously paid someone off. There's no way Tech should have gotten into the Sugar after last night.

Yea, its the Virginia Tech fan base. VT-Michigan will fill hotel rooms and the Superdome.

Look at me. Already got hotel rooms booked for 4 nights in New Orleans. Remember, bowl games are meant to fill seats. If you remember college football is a business, this stuff is much easier to handle

Yea, its the Virginia Tech fan base. VT-Michigan will fill hotel rooms and the Superdome.

Look at me. Already got hotel rooms booked for 4 nights in New Orleans. Remember, bowl games are meant to fill seats. If you remember college football is a business, this stuff is much easier to handle

Funny thing is, a playoff would bring in WAY, WAY, WAY more $.

Funny thing is, a playoff would bring in WAY, WAY, WAY more $.

It would only make more money that would then need to be split more ways. The way it is now makes certain folks involved with each bowl game a lot of money, why would they want to share it?

There was a good special on Real Sports with Bryant Gumble about the corruption in college bowl games that opened my eyes up for it. I still love the bowl games and would love a playoff system even more but I do understand that it is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ nothing more, nothing less. Those involved will get paid (and not pay taxes which must be nice). It will never change unless teams defect from the NCAA and operate independently or form a different league of some kind to basically start from scratch.

Its not so much handling as I just can't believe they got a Sugar Bowl spot after yesterday. When you consider all the teams that could be put there instead. Tech went down to the same team twice by major margins this season that was barely in the top 25. There's something very fishy about this decision.

It would only make more money that would then need to be split more ways. The way it is now makes certain folks involved with each bowl game a lot of money, why would they want to share it?.
Wetzel and co. did the math for Death to the BCS, and the difference was astounding; not to mention, it would cut out the middleman.

Its not so much handling as I just can't believe they got a Sugar Bowl spot after yesterday. When you consider all the teams that could be put there instead. Tech went down to the same team twice by major margins this season that was barely in the top 25. There's something very fishy about this decision.
Jim Delany.

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 08:49 PM ----------

I swear, I better calm down before I get an aneurysm :ols:

http://twitter.com/TimBrando/statuses/143507534387494912

Now the Glorified Exhibitions! Oh let's see VA.Tech and Michigan, and oh My Weeden and Luck! They trot this out w/no explanation. Travesty.

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 08:52 PM ----------

Jay Bilas is never wrong. When he opines, he speaks the truth. Real recognize real.

Once again, none of Boise State's games counted. Va Tech plays in the Sugar Bowl after getting killed by Clemson?! Lame.

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 08:53 PM ----------

I would highly suggest following Thekeyplay on twitter. Highly.

http://twitter.com/thekeyplay/statuses/143507927322468352

HATERS: WE GOT BLOWN OUT TWICE BY THE SAME TEAM, BUT WE WON 11 GAMES, WE'RE GOING TO THE SUGAR SO... i.imgur.com/PLSBo.gif #HOKIES

PLSBo.gif

Wetzel and co. did the math for Death to the BCS, and the difference was astounding; not to mention, it would cut out the middleman.

The corruption with college bowl games is deep (political, IRS related, etc.) for anyone to think the system will change it's simply naive. I'd suggest everybody enjoy it like SkinsHokie, or pick up the pitch forks. Not to change anything to politics but I find it funny that as a society we're suppose to not be violent and move forward to argumentative resolutions. However, because everyone is so passive about things that are blatently obvious it only gets worse or is accepted all together. In all of history things aren't corrected without someone doing something drastic to get everyone's attention.

Anyhow, I'm going to enjoy the Orange Bowl and our team's success this season rather than let the other B.S. get to me when there's really nothing that will be done about it anyhow.

Let me know where you're gonna be, I'll be there as well, maybe we can grab some drinks/tailgate.. ;)

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 08:57 PM ----------

Herbstreit mad.

Oh he really mad..

Whats fishy about being qualified in the at large pool and having a fan base that travels?

Thats what bowl games are for and always have been. I see nobody is ripping Michigan, who also went 10-2 and didn't win their own division.

Whatever. I am not going to worry about the haters because I'll be on Boubon St in 4 weeks

The corruption with college bowl games is deep (political, IRS related, etc.) for anyone to think the system will change it's simply naive. I'd suggest everybody enjoy it like SkinsHokie, or pick up the pitch forks. Not to change anything to politics but I find it funny that as a society we're suppose to not be violent and move forward to argumentative resolutions. However, because everyone is so passive about things that are blatently obvious it only gets worse or is accepted all together. In all of history things aren't corrected without someone doing something drastic to get everyone's attention.

Anyhow, I'm going to enjoy the Orange Bowl and our team's success this season rather than let the other B.S. get to me when there's really nothing that will be done about it anyhow.

Totally agree. This should be the new BCS Logo:

money.gif

Shocked that VT is getting into the Sugar, but I have to admit having two ACC teams in BCS games does nothing but improve the image of the conference. And ill be pulling for both teams. Im scratching my head at Virginia getting an invite to the chic fil a bowl over FSU though....

Question for you guys... Assuming that WV wins the BE bid, Houston loses today, and VT wins. Would the Sugar bowl pick WV for their bowl game and let the OB get Michigan? Or is there no chance of that happening ever?

Looks like I got the teams right, but for the wrong bowl... success!

I've secretly wanted to play Michigan rather than WVU... we already have the Black Diamond... lets hang on to that one for a little while longer. ;)

Archived