Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 College Football Thread

SkinsHokieFan

I can't ****ing believe this

If we won MAYBE get in a BCS game. The computer does know we got blown out by a mile last night? What has VT done to deserve the Sugar Bowl?

I'm a VT fan. However, the notion of them playing in a bowl they CLEARLY don't deserve to be in angers me. This is NOT FAIR to some other team that deserves that spot over VT! This is ridiculous.

I want to emphasize that I graduated from and I love Virginia Tech very much

But I am very distraught at them playing in a BCS bowl, or the conference getting 2 BCS bids. This is the ACC.

Remember, guys, VT did not play anyone this season, and the good opponents they played, they were blown out. VT has NO BUSINESS in this bowl. Yesterday showed they were still raw and a young team at the QB position. What did they do to deserve a Sugar Bowl berth?

No one knows.

Bryan Fischer on twitter claims that late lobbying did it. I'm very surprised they were able to sneak in and obliterate the memory of last night from voter's heads. Last night was glaring proof of why this team belongs nowhere near a BCS berth. Period.

http://twitter.com/slmandel/statuses/143476862251831296

No it has not. RT @sdavis1980: @stemp_vt @slmandel Has Va Tech even beat a team that is currently ranked?

I would be highly interested in hearing perspectives from other VT fans on this development.

Oh, and Boise's higher in the BCS, therefore they should get an at-large.

Oh, but wait, the BCS isn't used for everything...but let's still use it to screw OSU :mad:

9962462.jpg

EDIT: Part of that's anger speaking, because I know the other bowls are who travels better, but seriously, giving us a rematch AND shafting Boise/TCU? :gus:

AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl: Missouri vs. North Carolina | December 26, 2011 5:00 ET ESPN2 | Shreveport, LA |

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Wake Forest | December 30, 2011 6:40 PM ET ESPN | Nashville, TN |

Autozone Liberty Bowl: Vanderbilt vs. Cincinnati | December 31, 2011 3:30 ET ABC | Memphis, TN |

Meineke Car Care Bowl: Texas A&M vs. Northwestern | December 31, 2011 11:00 AM ET ESPN | Houston, Tx |

Chick Fil A Bowl: Auburn vs. Virginia | December 31, 2011 7:30 ET ESPN | Atlanta, GA |

Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl: Florida vs. Ohio State | January 2, 2012 1:00 ET ESPN2 | Jacksonville, FL |

AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl: Missouri vs. North Carolina | December 26, 2011 5:00 ET ESPN2 | Shreveport, LA |

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Wake Forest | December 30, 2011 6:40 PM ET ESPN | Nashville, TN |

Autozone Liberty Bowl: Vanderbilt vs. Cincinnati | December 31, 2011 3:30 ET ABC | Memphis, TN |

Meineke Car Care Bowl: Texas A&M vs. Northwestern | December 31, 2011 11:00 AM ET ESPN | Houston, Tx |

Chick Fil A Bowl: Auburn vs. Virginia | December 31, 2011 7:30 ET ESPN | Atlanta, GA |

Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl: Florida vs. Ohio State | January 2, 2012 1:00 ET ESPN2 | Jacksonville, FL |

A whole bunch of :yawnee:

A whole bunch of :yawnee:

Hey, there won't be any interesting college football from now till like Jan 3 or later.

That, to me, is why college football should have a playoff of some kind.

Not because I feel sorry for Boise State or some other team who likes to while about not making it to the big one. (Although this year, I do think that maybe Oklahoma State might have a legit gripe. As might Alabama, if they aren't picked.)

But because of the calendar.

It would be like the NFL spending an entire season getting people used to watching them, every Sunday, for three months. And then taking a month off with no games. Then the Super Bowl.

I think college football has spent three months building up these rivalries and the drama and getting people into the habit of watching.

And then they decide to take a month off.

I could understand them taking a week off. Give everybody a "bye week", so they can study. (Yeah, right.) Then play some games.

At the very least, have four teams play, two weeks from now. Then have the winners play, two weeks after that.

But for example, this is why I stopped watching Battlestar Galactica. The way they kept "oh, we aren't going to make any new episodes for a year. But stay tuned!!!"

Hey, there won't be any interesting college football from now till like Jan 3 or later.

That, to me, is why college football should have a playoff of some kind.

Not because I feel sorry for Boise State or some other team who likes to while about not making it to the big one. (Although this year, I do think that maybe Oklahoma State might have a legit gripe. As might Alabama, if they aren't picked.)

But because of the calendar.

It would be like the NFL spending an entire season getting people used to watching them, every Sunday, for three months. And then taking a month off with no games. Then the Super Bowl.

I think college football has spent three months building up these rivalries and the drama and getting people into the habit of watching.

And then they decide to take a month off.

I could understand them taking a week off. Give everybody a "bye week", so they can study. (Yeah, right.) Then play some games.

At the very least, have four teams play, two weeks from now. Then have the winners play, two weeks after that.

But for example, this is why I stopped watching Battlestar Galactica. The way they kept "oh, we aren't going to make any new episodes for a year. But stay tuned!!!"

Yessir, yet another reason. As for those BCS games:

Title: LSU-Bama :yawnee:

Rose: Wis-Ore Intriguing

Fiesta: Ok St-Stanford Ditto

Sugar: Va Tech-Michigan Dear lord why. Make it Boise-Michigan

Orange: Clemson-West Va. Could actually be an interesting shootout

EDIT: And no, that's not MY BCS lineup :ols:

This is AWESOME!!!!

Hotels- booked

Flights- to be booked tonight

Tickets- At the stadium

LOVE THE SUGAR BOWL.

After getting hosed in 2000 when we were ranked 6th in the BCS and ended up in the Gator, this is payback from the BCS.

Love it. Looking forward to playing Michigan. Stands will be packed

:nana: to any haters. This is an exhibition game designed to fill the stands. And VT-Michigan will fill the stands

Archived