Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld: Gus Frerotte takes HS head coaching job

DWinzit

Good luck Gus!

Former Vikings, Rams, and Redskins QB Gus Frerotte has taken the head coaching position at a St. Louis-area high school.

He was John Burroughs Prep QBs coach for the past two seasons while hoping for a call from the NFL. His retirement is now official. Frerotte, 39, finished his 15-year career with a 114:106 TD-to-INT ratio and solid 6.9 yards per attempt average, but a 45-47-1 record. A former Redskins seventh-round pick, Frerotte may be best remembered for outplaying No. 3 overall pick Heath Shuler when both were rookies in 1994. Frerotte made the Pro Bowl in 1996.

Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Right on, Gus. He was just before my time, but I know he's known for the "head bump" and outplaying Heath Shuler to get the starters job in D.C.

From what I understand, he even had some pretty good years with us.

"Outplaying Heath Shuler" lol...there were very few QBs who did not outplay Shuler, unfortunately.

I always liked Gus, hope he does well :cheers:..

You can never start too early to learn how to give yourself a concussion, that's what I always say :yes:...Kids today don't even know how to give themselves a good concussion. Why, when I was a kid...

Did you end that thought abruptly because you can't remember your childhood from all the concussion, or because you forgot the question because you have one right now, or both?

Good for Gus. What a great success story...a 7th round afterthought draft pick who carved out a 15 year career as an NFL quarterback. Seriously, how many journeyman quarterbacks last 15 years in the NFL?

If he managed his money right he should be set for life financially.

Archived