Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 27 Texans 10 3:51 left in 3rd

Houston2Taylor2Landry

Even after the game people were saying "Yeah, but the Texans are awesome.....look what they did against Indy the previous week....."

Then the Texans proceed to give Dallas the only win it would get in the first half of the season, and we would get pretty much dominated by the Rams.

I think the criticism on Gano in that game is harsh (although for his play latley it is warrented). We had a 17 point lead and could not close the door. One more score or one more stand by the defense, this game is a Redskins win in regulation giving them a 2-0 start headed to a struggling St. Louis team. Instead, it killed the team morale and it showed on the field in a sloppy loss to the Rams. I thought when we rebounded against Philly and Green Bay we had turned the corner.... Hopefully next season

just a taste of things to come with Guano.....damn that loss still pisses me off

Guano haha..I see what you did there. I knew the Texans defense wasn't that good, and Cushing was out I believe..but I thought we maybe, just maybe had a legit offense that could move the ball and score. ehh not so much.

I blame the ravens for the texans loss!

August 2010, ravens preseason game. Ravens call some Jim Zorn bull**** fake punt (in a preseason game :doh:), Moore goes down with an MCL, undergoes artho, misses first 2 games of the season, Doughty gets starting FS job, gets outjumped in the EZ by Andre Johnson to tie the game with 2 minutes left in 4th quarter... I blame the ravens!

Butterfly effect

:D

The blocked field goal was the turning point of that game. The Redskins are not mentally tough enough to overcome ANYTHING that goes wrong. There is always one shocking play that does them in. Sometimes they do it to themselves in the first half. Hell, they screwed themselves against Philadelphia before the game even started with the "scuffle". It's been going on for years. Just another symptom of the incompetent front office.

Shanahan had no idea how bad this team's mental health was when he took over. They have always been able to win games, they just don't want to.

The blocked field goal was the turning point of that game. The Redskins are not mentally tough enough to overcome ANYTHING that goes wrong. There is always one shocking play that does them in. Sometimes they do it to themselves in the first half. Hell, they screwed themselves against Philadelphia before the game even started with the "scuffle". It's been going on for years. Just another symptom of the incompetent front office.

Shanahan had no idea how bad this team's mental health was when he took over. They have always been able to win games, they just don't want to.

And then came Fred Davis. Just another in a LONG line of ST's ****-ups that cost the skins a game this year. Guy gets paid millions and can't even put a block on the one guy he needs to. Pathetic.

Actually agree with most everything you said here about kickers. They are incredibly important to the teams success. I disagree with your "only 6-7" good ones in the league today. That's not accurate and neither is Gano

Ok, you confused me a little, lol. I think we all know Gano is not accurate:ols:

Really? Last time I checked Gano was ranked 38th overall for percentage of Field Goal kicks made this season and there are only 32 NFL teams in the league. Still think we can't do better then Gano?

That's my point, the fact that he is on the team...who can we replace him with? Kickers are shuffled between teams more than a deck of cards because the actual good ones are locked up. Suisham sucks, but how many teams has he been on now? He is still in the league lol.

I honestly thought we were a very good team early on. It wasn't until certain things happened where it all fell apart. I think it looks worse then it actually is. We certainly have some holes that need some fillings, but all in all this is a team the Redskins have had before. We're always so close in games it's not even funny. It's entertaining stuff, but also heart breaking. This team needs some balanced offense with quick strike ability and an aggressive 3-4 defense that can force turnovers and get a 3rd down stop. I mean ultimate team right there, but it's stuff this team hasn't been able to do consistently in any of those area's. I didn't even like the switch to the 3-4 but it's whatever. Need to rebuild the interior offensive line, grab a QB, and hopefully the defense can stay healthy next season. Sucked having Rogers and Landry out for what seemed like an endless amount of time.

All in all:

We lost the trade with Tryon

We lost the trade for McNabb

We lost out on trading Haynesworth

And we're a few years behind on young talent due to previous management.

We also don't have a QB

The Texans were a horrible defense last year. Yea, when Cooley caught that TD, I was pretty much on top of the world, but it came down quick. I wasn't really all that surprised, it's what we're used to.

On a positive note: It seemed the Redskins were finally a real NFL team in the sense that they matched up the way they should. In other words, you know how we've always "played to our opponents level", and games were always unpredictable, like pretty much beating the Saints last year, yet getting housed by a team like the Lions. Our offense did well against poor defenses, just like it should. And we got constantly torched because our defense was awful. Just like it should. No weird, 'uncanny' stuff outta the Redskins. It's a normal football team, and even if it's a bad one, thank god it's just normal again.

I was actually thinking, "I hope we don't lose this but we probably will. This is really going to suck if we lose this game."

That's pretty much what I think every game though, I can't help it. It's a habit I've picked up since Norv Turner's days. Rod Smith catching a game winner on Darrell Green still haunts me.

If just a few things (calls, bounces, etc..) go our way this year we would have a completely different record. But it would have been a farce. We would have been the Seahawks of the playoffs, deadmen walking! At least this way, sadly, we can see our issues and address them. Hopefully its all out in the open now.

P.S. is there any medication for chronic Deja vu? Maybe with the side effect of a phychotic sedative?

I think that game really defined our season. Our offense has the potential to put up points and big plays with McNabb running it. What killed us in that game was the fact that Kyle Shanahan never tried to run the ball after we went up by 17. There was a deep pass thrown by McNabb intended for Galloway in which Galloway didnt have the burst or coordination to make the catch. The ball was in the air for 5 seconds.. I mean it hung up there forever and Galloway STILL couldn't catch it in the endzone. McNabb is driving us down the field late in the game and its 3rd down. If we run the ball here we possibly get closer to a makable field goal by Gano instead Kyle calls a deep pass down the left sideline to Moss which is incomplete. When you have a young team that's still learning one another, you must put them in positions to win not put them in positions to fail.

Archived