Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clay Matthews.... The guy is a straight up BEAST. What is it about him??

martytheman

I have kept a loose eye on the Packers throughout the season, with this latest beating of the Falcons (3rd bird team to go down in flames in 2 weeks, Seahawks are next!)

It just amazes me how much of a monster Clay Matthews is on the field, what are the intangibles this guy has that make him such a 1000% motor monster? How did everyone fail to see what this guy was capable of?

I hope Rak learns something by watching this guy, he's just amazing imo.

Thoughts?

He probably had the 3rd best defensive performance last night. I was more amazed with James Harrison and Suggs. Everyone say 3-4 this and 3-4 that, but it is still about elite pass rushers regardless of what scheme you run. You see Harrison and Suggs last night then you look at Orakpo and say he has a long way to go...

He probably had the 3rd best defensive performance last night. I was more amazed with James Harrison and Suggs. Everyone say 3-4 this and 3-4 that, but it is still about elite pass rushers regardless of what scheme you run. You see Harrison and Suggs last night then you look at Orakpo and say he has a long way to go...

Me too, those boys are the Baddest 3-4 OLB's going..

Me too, those boys are the Baddest 3-4 OLB's going..

LaMarr Woodley isn't too bad...:fingersx: that we get him.

---------- Post added January-16th-2011 at 12:58 PM ----------

Would Casey work as a 3-4 OLB opposite 'Rak?

He'd make a better ILB. Riley and Matthews would make a nice duo though.

His position coach is also Kevin Greene, one of the best and most aggressive blitzing OLB's of all time. I think that Greene's teaching has a lot to do with Matthews' success and watching Clay Matthews play is like watching Kevin Greene on the field all over again.

I think that's one of the biggest differences between Orakpo and Matthews. Orakpo doesn't have a proper mentor to teach him good pass rushing techniques from an upright position. Here's hoping he picks the brains of some pro bowlers if he ends up going again.

Archived