Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You're starting a Franchise.... (NBA Game)

Taylor 21

Let's play a game. I thought it would be fun so I started the thread.

"If you were starting a franchise, who would you take _______ or ________?"

I will post 2 NBA players. The person who replies to the post must choose one of those two players, and say WHY. Then after answering the previous posters question, the poster must put up two players of their own. Pretty simple.

Since I am first, I will just post two players.

Kevin Durant or Derrick Rose?

Let's play a game. I thought it would be fun so I started the thread.

"If you were starting a franchise, who would you take _______ or ________?"

I will post 2 NBA players. The person who replies to the post must choose one of those two players, and say WHY. Then after answering the previous posters question, the poster must put up two players of their own. Pretty simple.

Since I am first, I will just post two players.

Kevin Durant or Derrick Rose?

Durant without question. I can always find a lesser point guard to get him the ball, the guy is a pure scorer and in my opinion, possibly the best combination of talent and young age (time to mature and contribute more) in the NBA today.

Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett? I want to see who is more popular amongst long in the tooth power forwards.

Tim Duncan. He's the best PF of all time. Some people even think since he was one of the best players in the past decade, that he is still one of the top 5 players in the NBA. (sound idiotic, but thats how some people think.)

I love KGs passion though. He loves to trash talk, but he definitely backs it up.

Amare Stoudemire or Kevin Love

KG because I like energy (and I'm biased)

Larry Bird or Magic Johnson

---------- Post added January-13th-2011 at 03:59 PM ----------

Tim Duncan. He's the best PF of all time. Some people even think since he was one of the best players in the past decade, that he is still one of the top 5 players in the NBA. (sound idiotic, but thats how some people think.)

I love KGs passion though. He loves to trash talk, but he definitely backs it up.

Stoudemire.

Bird or Magic?

Man that is tough. Magic Johnson, I really have no answer to why I would choose him because I would be happy with both, but i love Magic's style.

Jamal Crawford or JR Smith.

Jamal Crawford. Seems to be more consistent than Smith and isn't as much of a show off.

Rudy Gay or Danny Granger

I might go with Kevin Love here. I'm probably biased against Stoudemire here, I just remember thinking he was a product of Steve Nash...needed someone to get him the ball and didn't have much game other than catch-and-dunk. I know he's thriving with the Knicks but I can't get my early impression of him out of my mind.

Love, on the other hand, is someone who won't score a ton but will do a team's dirty work, and has a chance of getting 20 rebounds a night. You need someone like that on your team. Now, if I'm starting a team and these are my only two choices in the first round, I probably have to take Stoudemire if it's my first round pick because there's no guarantee a good scorer will be available in the second round. But if I'm building a team, I might lean towards Love.

He's also a hell of a passer.

I won't put a new one up since I didn't answer the newest one.

Rudy Gay or Danny Granger

Rudy Gay. It's close, but i think Rudy Gay is a better player. This season was Rudy Gay's breakout season. His shooting % is terrific, especially from downtown. He's a better defender than Granger as well.

Chris Paul or Daron Williams.

Nash. Stockton was fantastic, but Nash seems to me to be better at making other players better.

Hakeem Olajuwon or David Robinson?

Olajuwon...dude CARRIED the Rockets pretty much by himself to the 1st championship. Just think about NBA champions...for the most part, you have two superstars on the roster (pistons were the exception but their balance was almost unmatched)...Olajuwon brought it all...offense/defense. Made David Robinson look stupid w. the Dream Shake. One of, if not THE best passing center in NBA history. Not much more you can say about him. Flat out dominant.

carrying w. the thread theme:

Rajon Rondo or Derrick Rose

Olajuwon...dude CARRIED the Rockets pretty much by himself to the 1st championship. Just think about NBA champions...for the most part, you have two superstars on the roster (pistons were the exception but their balance was almost unmatched)...Olajuwon brought it all...offense/defense. Made David Robinson look stupid w. the Dream Shake. One of, if not THE best passing center in NBA history. Not much more you can say about him. Flat out dominant.

carrying w. the thread theme:

Rajon Rondo or Derrick Rose

Rose

Deron Williams or Steve Nash.

Archived