Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You're starting a Franchise.... (NBA Game)

Taylor 21

Dwight...He's only 25 and athletically much more than Moses ever was. I'm too confidant in my ability to find a coach to train his skills.

Jason Kidd or Gary Payton (in their prime)

Tough call but I'd take Payton, true shutdown guy and a great PG, Kidd brings versatility with triple doubles but Payton would be great to work around

Magic or DR J?

Very tough, but being an Auburn man I'll pick Barkley. I honestly loved watching both players, though.

Spud Webb or Nate Robinson?

Webb had a fairly decent career and averaged 16 and 7 one season. Can't see Nate ever doing that.

An injury free Yao Ming or Dwight Howard?

Webb had a fairly decent career and averaged 16 and 7 one season. Can't see Nate ever doing that.

An injury free Yao Ming or Dwight Howard?

Yao Ming has a better offensive game than Dwight, but Dwight IMO is the better defender, tough call but I'd take Dwight and get a coach who can develop his offensive game to go along with his D he has.

Kevin Garnett vs Duncan in their prime? I know it was brought up them now but what about in their prime

Yao Ming has a better offensive game than Dwight, but Dwight IMO is the better defender, tough call but I'd take Dwight and get a coach who can develop his offensive game to go along with his D he has.

Kevin Garnett vs Duncan in their prime? I know it was brought up them now but what about in their prime

Duncan and honestly it's not even close for me. I'd take Duncan over Garnett in any circumstance.

Andrew Bogut or Joakim Noah?

Duncan and honestly it's not even close for me. I'd take Duncan over Garnett in any circumstance.

I know right. Duncan was the player of his team that lead to 4 championships in 10 years while Garnett had to go chase his title in beantown and it was pierce who won them that title

Joakim Noah, what he brings to a team will help you win championships, Bogut will put up better stats though.

Grant Hill or Chris Webber

Without the injuries Hill. With the injuries Webber. Overall I guess I take Webber. Both players I don't like though.

Avery Johnson or Larry Johnson ?

I know right. Duncan was the player of his team that lead to 4 championships in 10 years while Garnett had to go chase his title in beantown and it was pierce who won them that title

I agree I would take Duncan over Garnett. But when the Celtics won the title, Garnett was defensive player of the year that year. He managed the defense while he was on the court. Garnett anchored that number 1 (i think) defense at the time. He held Gasol to something like 14 and 10, while averaging 18 and 13 himself in the finals.

Avery Johnson or Larry Johnson ?

I like Larry Johnson more because he was more explosive... too bad he didnt work out with the skins....... :paranoid:

---------- Post added January-16th-2011 at 03:51 PM ----------

Both of these in their primes.

Al Jefferson or Elton Brand

I agree I would take Duncan over Garnett. But when the Celtics won the title, Garnett was defensive player of the year that year. He managed the defense while he was on the court. Garnett anchored that number 1 (i think) defense at the time. He held Gasol to something like 14 and 10, while averaging 18 and 13 himself in the finals.

who cares? duncan has been on the all nba defensive team forever

Al Jefferson or Elton Brand

It's hard to pick. Prime Elton Brand was a really good player. Al Jefferson has a really nice offensive game but he hasn't gotten a chance to get recognition for his play yet. It'll be interesting to see how he performs for Utah down the stretch. I'd have to go with Brand simply based on longevity.

prime Manu Ginobili or prime Ray Allen?

who cares? duncan has been on the all nba defensive team forever

I care? The only reason why i posted those stats was in response to whoever said Pierce got them the title. I just felt like saying why I thought Garnett had something to do with it. I did not intend to offend you.

prime Manu Ginobili or prime Ray Allen?

I may be the only one to say this but I dont think this is close at all. As good as Manu is, I'd still take Ray Allen in a heartbeat. He is, in my opinion, the greatest shooter ever in the NBA. Plus, i think his defense is underrated.

Both of these in their prime.

Gilbert Arenas or Tracy McGrady

Hard to say because Tyreke had a great rookie year but I also don't like his skill set all that much. Not a great shooter and relies too much on driving and absorbing contact. But he doesn't have the passing skills or the floor vision that Wall has.He also doesn't have the greatest attitude so I'll have to give Wall the edge. A pure point guard is more valuable than a good combo guard.

Alonzo Mourning or Dwight Howard?

Hard to say because Tyreke had a great rookie year but I also don't like his skill set all that much. Not a great shooter and relies too much on driving and absorbing contact. But he doesn't have the passing skills or the floor vision that Wall has.He also doesn't have the greatest attitude so I'll have to give Wall the edge. A pure point guard is more valuable than a good combo guard.

Alonzo Mourning or Dwight Howard?

Didn't see 'Zo play much, so Dwight.

Blake Griffin or John Wall (and Magic Johnson or MJ?)?

Nice thread. Im a late to the party but Ive got a few cents to throw in.

Gilbert Arenas or Tracy McGrady

McGrady was an unstoppable scorer for 4 or 5 years in Orlando. No one except for Kobe could rise up and hit the three at will like he could.

McGrady.

Rod Strickland or Danny Ainge ?

Championships speak to me.

Ainge

Jason Kidd or Gary Payton (in their prime)

Of course Kidd has had the more sustained success but for a few years Gary Payton was Rajon Rondo before there was a Rajon Rondo. If we're cherry picking just a few years' date='

[b']Payton[/b].

Magic or DR J?

Seriously...

Magic

Carmelo Anthony or Paul Pierce

Based on what Pierce has done recently in the playoffs, I gotta take him over Carmelo. The guy is cold blooded.

Pierce

Dominque Wilkins or Clyde Drexler?

Wilkins had the highlights but Ill take The Glide went to the finals with both the Blazers and the Rockets. Yet another guy who was denied a title by the Bulls. Lucky for him he got a couple with the Rockets while MJ was flirting with cheating on basketball with minor league baseball. Really, I dont think this one is even close.

Clyde Drexler

Chris Bosh or Carlos Boozer?

Im a traditionalist. I like more natural fits on the frontline.

Boozer

Which MJ, Magic or Michael.

One was the best player ever to play. The other was the best point guard ever to play.

Michael

And heres mine.

Which Hardaway:

Penny or Tim?

Allen. Their career numbers are fairly equal in almost every category, but Allen did that in 300 less games.

Allen is not a great defender, but definitely better then Miller.

Carmelo or Amare?

Amare. Can play inside, outside, upside, downside, anywhere. Look what he has done with the Knickerbockers, almost singlehandedly.

Blake Griffin or Shaq?

Archived