Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anthony Armstrong wants Donovan McNabb back and so do I

TheDiplomat

McNabb may have the best RESUME of any QB we have had in years, and I agree on that point, but the question is, what can McNabb do for the Redskins in 2011 and beyond.

I think that question is too big, and the contract he signed, if they organization goes through with it, is a lot to invest in a QB that looked so poor in 2010.

You have to also look at the reasons why he did so poor in 2010. Most of it was not his fault. A lot of it was caused by our poor receiving core. We still don't have tall receivers, so we have to rely on their speed. Two, certain receivers such as Galloway did not get much separation from their defenders. It resulted in a few interceptions. Three, Redskins still don't have an O-Line. Therefore McNabb has less time to find the open receivers. It would have helped the Redskins to sign Randy Moss, but Shannahan was not fast enough on that. Randy Moss would have helped open up the field for Donovan McNabb. Teams would have played double coverage on him, which then results in a wide open Santana Moss and Anthony Armstrong. I believe Randy Moss would have saved us from that Monday Night Massacre against the Eagles. That game was a clear shoot out for the win, and we all know that you need a good receiving core and O-Line to perform at that high of a level. If Randy Moss had became a Redskin, Donovan McNabb would have been throwing deep bombs to him.

We all know the only reason why Grossman is starting is because of Kyle's friendship with him. That and this is his second year under Kyle's offense. But my question is, how good will Grossman do if the receiving core does not improve and Trent Williams continues to get injured? My guess is that he will rush plays and that results in turnovers. If you look at Grossman's career stats, he has just as many interception throws as TD throws. Altogether that equals out to a 50/50 QB. McNabb has 230 career TD's and 115 career INT. McNabb is obviously the better QB here. Let's also add that he will be the highest paid back up QB wants the 2011 season starts. If Redskin choose to keep McNabb after the 2011 season starts, he gets 10 million dollars. That's a lot of money just to sit on the side line and not take snaps. Or better yet, that's a lot of money just to do a coin toss and then sit on the side line the whole game. Grossman could improve a bit but, would never be making that much as a back up or starter, based on his performance in Chicago.

I'm almost ready to say that McNabb was a bad fit for Mike Shannahan being here in Washington. When McNabb was with Eagles, Andy Reid let him take more control over the offensive play calling. That's why you saw more audibles when he was in Philly. Shannahan is not the type of coach to let his QB take control over the offense. This was proven when Kyle became upset with a scramble that McNabb did during a game. That's the first sign that our offensive play callers are too up tight about what the QB does. Andy Reid would much rather have Donovan McNabb run if there is a clear shot for the first down mark. Shannahan is not the lenient with his players.

Marginally better still equals better no matter how you slice it.

But, after you remove the advantages that made Rex marginally better i.e having a healthy Torrain, an offense that was working out its kinks e.g. personnel issues along the OL and at WR, going up against 2 of the worst defense in NFL -we're left with the truth.

Rex is not better, not for this offense or for any offense.

Imo the problem here is beyond Xs and Os and stats it involves contract/money issues and personality issues.

If Kyle and McNabb don't fit then McNabb has to go.

But, it doesn't mean that McNabb can't play.

The failure of McNabb and the passing game is as much a negative reflection on Kyle as it is on McNabb.

But, after you remove the advantages that made Rex marginally better i.e having a healthy Torrain, an offense that was working out its kinks e.g. personnel issues along the OL and at WR, going up against 2 of the worst defense in NFL -we're left with the truth.

Rex is not better, not for this offense or for any offense.

Imo the problem here is beyond Xs and Os and stats it involves contract/money issues and personality issues.

If Kyle and McNabb don't fit then McNabb has to go.

The failure of McNabb and the passing game is as much a negative reflection on Kyle as it is on McNabb.

McNabb is not to be blamed for fault here. He mentioned that he spoke to Kyle about adding more screen plays. Kyle originally told McNabb, NO. But what happened when Grossman came in, we immediately saw more screen pass plays for Rex Grossman. This is what allowed him to chalk up so many passing yards for that game. In result of this, both Kyle and Mike Shannahan became impressed with Grossman and started telling the press that he was our man. This was clearly a sign of favoritism. When he threw interceptions against Dallas, Mike and Kyle weren't going on him as hard as they did with McNabb. Again, favoritism. If Snyder and Bruce Allen cannot see this with this father and son team up, then it will continue to happen to other players.

This is why I say that Dan Snyder is the top reason for failure in this organization. It's questionable to say that he has any sense of what football is and how to build a team. Dan Snyder is more of bean counter. He looks at profit being made in FedEx. If everything equals out to a base margin, he is happy with that. We all know Redskins made a lot of money this season from getting McNabb as QB and Mike Shannahan is head coach. Two big names equal, out of the roof profit in season tickets and concessions. The concern he is showing for the teams failure can be deemed as questionable aka. (I COULD ARE LESS) type of concern. If the owner is sloppy, then it pushes more pressure on the GM. We all know that Bruce Allen had little or close to no say on the events that took place in Washington this season. Willie Parker, Larry Johnson and Devin Thomas were released without any good reason. All three of these releases should have been stopped. What happened when Portis went down? We had to search for a running game. What happened when Devin Thomas was signed by the Giants. He came back and posted a threat against us on special teams.

Brian Mitchell mentioned on his talk show, that Shannahan role as a decision maker can be deemed as questionable. Does he make his decisions based off talent or character. If you ask me, I think character. He also suggested that his decision making should be stripped and given to Bruce Allen. Therefore Shannahan would just be responsible for coaching and play calling. Contracts signings and releases would be given to Bruce Allen.

McNabb is not to be blamed for fault here. He mentioned that he spoke to Kyle about adding more screen plays. Kyle originally told McNabb, NO. But what happened when Grossman came in, we immediately saw more screen pass plays for Rex Grossman.

Kyle directly refuted this statement right after it was made by the agent.

Kyle directly refuted this statement right after it was made by the agent.

Well refuted means to (disprove) something. So I'm taking it that you agree with me. If you do agree with me then I will say, "thanks".

I can't see McNabb making something like this up. McNabb is the type of QB that wants the offensive to tack up more stats. To do this, you can insert screen plays in to give your WR's and HB's more running yards. It counts as a pass from the QB and receiving yards for the ball carrier. This would have made McNabb look a lot better at the end of the season. Therefore, I can see that Kyle Shannahan is lying. We all know that he following the whole "PAPPA KNOWS BEST" theory. Currently Mike Shannahan has shown that his obsession for the character of a player comes into play more than what their overall talent does. Shannahan has had two answers for the first and second McNabb benching.

Sounds like McNabb is telling the truth.

I would take Donovan Mcnabb back as opposed to just releasing him. We traded a 2nd and a 4th ( i think 4th) so if we can't trade him for something decent i would like to keep him. I think Brown will get back to an all pro level and if we can fix 2 inside O-line positions we will be okay. Normally major injuries take the 2nd season back to be back at 100 percent so im def not writing Brown off yet. As long as we draft a young quarterback I'm okay with Rex or Mcnabb starting really. We were in most games this year so i feel if we fix the damn offensive line we can start rebuilding while have competitive football being played.

I would take Donovan Mcnabb back as opposed to just releasing him. We traded a 2nd and a 4th ( i think 4th) so if we can't trade him for something decent i would like to keep him. I think Brown will get back to an all pro level and if we can fix 2 inside O-line positions we will be okay. Normally major injuries take the 2nd season back to be back at 100 percent so im def not writing Brown off yet. As long as we draft a young quarterback I'm okay with Rex or Mcnabb starting really. We were in most games this year so i feel if we fix the damn offensive line we can start rebuilding while have competitive football being played.

Well, if McNabb chooses to stay, we are in no need of a QB. If Grossman gets injured under our O-Line, which he probably will, McNabb gets to play. But, would you rather draft a QB over another O-Linemen? I would much rather the Redskins use their draft pick for an O-Line player. Our key to success under our offense is rebuilding the O-line. Other than that, our receiving core could use some work. We had to chance to do this when Randy Moss became a free agent, but Shannahan passed up on the opportunity. Now Randy is a Titan that is being under used.

I'm almost ready to just say forget offense and start rebuilding the defense. I would much rather us return to the 4-3 playbook and slowly start to insert a small 4-6 portion.

Well refuted means to (disprove) something. So I'm taking it that you agree with me. If you do agree with me then I will say, "thanks".

No I'm not agreeing with you. McNabb's agent made the statement that Kyle "immediately started calling more screen plays" when Grossman came in. Kyle said that was untrue, that he called five or six screens a game and that it didn't change when Grossman was in. Since Kyle is the offensive coordinator, he knows what he is and is not calling much better than a players agent.

If you don't believe him re-watch the games and count, it's not like screen passes are hidden.

I can't see McNabb making something like this up. McNabb is the type of QB that wants the offensive to tack up more stats.

The stuff with his agent this year was just pathetic. The screen pass conspiracy, the "he'll never take one more snap" quote that no one else heard, the fact that Donovan denied it all when asked face to face, then later said he stood by his agent. I get that Donovan was pissed, but he couldn't have handled things like less of a man. No wonder guys like Jackson and Maclin thought he was "fake."

The stuff with his agent this year was just pathetic. The screen pass conspiracy, the "he'll never take one more snap" quote that no one else heard, the fact that Donovan denied it all when asked face to face, then later said he stood by his agent. I get that Donovan was pissed, but he couldn't have handled things like less of a man. No wonder guys like Jackson and Maclin thought he was "fake."

Anways, McNabb is our man. Grossman I don't see doing much as a Redskin. Seems like Shannahan has his mind stuck on drafting a QB, so we probably won't see any O-Linemen. In result of this aftermath, I could see 2011 turning into a 4-12 and more upset fans. Of course then, it won't be McNabb's fault it will be somebody elses fault.

Let's just pass around the bomb and see who it explodes on next.

Anways, McNabb is our man. Grossman I don't see doing much as a Redskin. Seems like Shannahan has his mind stuck on drafting a QB, so we probably won't see any O-Linemen. In result of this aftermath, I could see 2011 turning into a 4-12 and more upset fans. Of course then, it won't be McNabb's fault it will be somebody elses fault.

I don't see anyway McNabb is under center here next year. Too much drama.

Kind of a ridiculous extrapolation, don't you think?

Kind of a ridiculous extrapolation, don't you think?
'

Yea I agree. Not one of my best post. But moving on.

I just don't see McNabb staying here much longer. Who would have known that in his first season, he would be treated like a red-head step child. If I were him, I would not stay. He could easily make more than 10 million paying for somebody else that will start him. I don't see him stying here as a back up, even for 10 million dollars.

He could easily make more than 10 million paying for somebody else that will start him. I don't see him stying here as a back up, even for 10 million dollars.

I think Donovan is in for a rude awakening.

So are the Skins fans that think the trade partners are going to be lining up.

His contract pays him like a franchise QB but he isn't one anymore.

Teams will just wait for him to get cut and offer him a cheaper deal.

Again, hope I'm wrong.

I think Donovan is in for a rude awakening.

So are the Skins fans that think the trade partners are going to be lining up.

His contract pays him like a franchise QB but he isn't one anymore.

Teams will just wait for him to get cut and offer him a cheaper deal.

Again, hope I'm wrong.

It all comes down to what he wants. Will he just stay and be one of the highest paid back ups? Or will he redeem his self as a contender in the NFL by refusing the Redskins money and playing like he did with Philly, but this time for another team?

If I were him, I would just refuse the money. I know I'm good and there are teams that would love to start me. Why stay with the Washington Redskins and get behind on my progress. McNabb has made a lot of money already. He could easily recover from 10 million dollars.

Re: Anthony Armstrong wants Donovan McNabb back and so do I

brunell was booed in his first year too. just food for thought "Originally posted by Skinfan2k"

If this comment is supposed to make me feel better about McNabb, it failed to do so!!! Brunell had a decent year in 2005, and that was it. And I believe Snyder paid close to $50 million for him. McNabb had a good career as an Eagle, and I will always remember him as an EAGLE!!! It is time to stop taking other team's garbage off of their hands, and paying them heavily for it in the process!

Imo the best thing for the franchise is for McNabb and Kyle to work things out and for McNabb to come back and have a solid season.

As true as this sounds, it won't happen with the Shannahan's running things. They already dislike McNabb and have given up on his potential skill to lead the team under their system. So basically they don't want to give him a second chance, let alone see anything in him. It would be like forcing two kids to play basketball together, when they don't like each other. All you would get are hard fouls, arguments and a lot of heated tensions. This has always been a problem for the Redskins. We all knew that Clinton Portis disliked Jim Zorn and he even showed it on the sideline during a game. But, Jim Zorn was not allowed to bench Clinton Portis over differences.

Yet thought Dan Snyder will let a ego-heavy Mike Shannahan, right threw the front door and wipe poop stains all over his front carpet. The poop stains would be the unfair decisions he made on Willie Parker, Larry Johnson, Devin Thomas and now Donovan McNabb.

I already know this team is going to hit a deep-dark-DECLINE under Mike Shannahan.

Not sure where I said anything about him not being able to play.

I did say he can't play with us.

'

Yea I agree. Not one of my best post. But moving on.

I just don't see McNabb staying here much longer. Who would have known that in his first season, he would be treated like a red-head step child. If I were him, I would not stay. He could easily make more than 10 million paying for somebody else that will start him. I don't see him stying here as a back up, even for 10 million dollars.

Your ideas fail to look at the most logical question.

Why in hell would they give up so much to get him, only to treat him like this and run him out of town?

For fun?

It's not like they have picks to throw away.

Something stinks, and the fact that they are willing to scrap him and eat the loss of those picks, and t5he 'face' that comes with it tells me the coaches are telling the truth.

After all, two coaches ditched him in less than a year.

Not sure what reason there could possibly be in doing this. This isn't some MTV soap opera where they create drama just for the fun of it.

Why have two coaches given up on him so quickly?

~Bang

Your ideas fail to look at the most logical question.

Why in hell would they give up so much to get him, only to treat him like this and run him out of town?

For fun?

It's not like they have picks to throw away.

Something stinks, and the fact that they are willing to scrap him and eat the loss of those picks, and t5he 'face' that comes with it tells me the coaches are telling the truth.

After all, two coaches ditched him in less than a year.

Not sure what reason there could possibly be in doing this. This isn't some MTV soap opera where they create drama just for the fun of it.

Why have two coaches given up on him so quickly?

~Bang

Maybe because those two coaches are impatient. Let's take time to point some things out. Not too many coaches are going to give up on a man who has thrown 230 career TD passes and 115 INT for a Rex Grossman who has thrown 40 career TD passes and 40 career INT. Altogether that equals to a 50/50 rating for Rex Grossman. In the end he is just an average QB. Some people said it was Donovan's age that also came into a deciding factor between him and Kevin Kolb. McNabb is only 34 years old. Rex Grossman is only 30. In football you could say that age plays a factor between the wear and tear, but when you look at it, McNabb is not that old. Let's also take time to look at who Mike Shannahan picked as an offensive coordinator. He picked nobody other than his son to help him coordinate the offense. The reason why I think he picked his son is because he has a father influence over him. Any other coordinator would have showed that they could call effective plays with Donovan at QB. But with it being his son, he didn't really disagree with his dads decision. If you ask me, that sounds more like a conflict of interest. Now you ask yourself; how many sons will go up on tv and pretty much expose their own father for making wrongful decisions in player assessment? Not too many kids will do that to their own father. I knew this was going to be a problem when they announced that Kyle would work under his dad.

In result of all this, most people could say that Shannahan is very inpatient. You have to give things time to work. Grossman only has a year head start over McNabb in Kyle's system. McNabb now has a season under Kyle's system. As they improve the O-Line, receiving core and McNabb's experience on the book, results will start to show. But if you just give up on him now, it will have been considered an unfair assessment on a proven QB.

Maybe because those two coaches are impatient. Let's take time to point some things out. Not too many coaches are going to give up on a man who has thrown 230 career TD passes and 115 INT for a Rex Grossman who has thrown 40 career TD passes and 40 career INT.

Except Andy Reid did after watching Kolb play in only two games. Now, I understand that reid is showing impatience by giving up on McNabb after only ten years, but....

Altogether that equals to a 50/50 rating for Rex Grossman. In the end he is just an average QB. Some people said it was Donovan's age that also came into a deciding factor between him and Kevin Kolb. McNabb is only 34 years old. Rex Grossman is only 30. In football you could say that age plays a factor between the wear and tear, but when you look at it, McNabb is not that old.

and yet here he is, after Reid only saw 2 games out of Kolb. Why? This is a valid question. Reid doesn't owe Kolb anything, especially given the relative success the Eagles have had with McNabb. I don't like the Eagles, but I must admit, Andy Reid is very good at personel. He knows when to move on.

Let's also take time to look at who Mike Shannahan picked as an offensive coordinator. He picked nobody other than his son to help him coordinate the offense. The reason why I think he picked his son is because he has a father influence over him. Any other coordinator would have showed that they could call effective plays with Donovan at QB.

This is pure speculation. The fact is McNabb is now on the outs of two teams in less than a year. Are his skills diminishing? Could be. It's not like it would be the first player we saw it happen to. I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that it's because of a father/son waste-the-picks-just to-play-head-games kind of thing. The possibility indeed exists that McNabb will be underwhelming in his next stop as well.

But with it being his son, he didn't really disagree with his dads decision. If you ask me, that sounds more like a conflict of interest. Now you ask yourself; how many sons will go up on tv and pretty much expose their own father for making wrongful decisions in player assessment? Not too many kids will do that to their own father. I knew this was going to be a problem when they announced that Kyle would work under his dad.

You seem to be contradicting yourself, or maybe I'm just not following this right. Are you saying Kyle saw tha McNabb wasn't right, but didn't go and say so? You're seemingly saying Kyle doesn't want to call Dad out for making a bad decision in Bringing McNabb in, and yet in 13 games he's out. This doesn't add up. Either they didn't talk, or Dad figured it out on his own.

Unless you're saying Kyle could have spoken up before the trade, and with that I can agree, but also in that, hindsight is 20/20

In result of all this, most people could say that Shannahan is very inpatient.

The guy who gave Jake Plummer shot after shot after shot? I don't know about impatient. He had four QBs while he was in Denver. Two of them he drafted.

You have to give things time to work. Grossman only has a year head start over McNabb in Kyle's system. McNabb now has a season under Kyle's system. As they improve the O-Line, receiving core and McNabb's experience on the book, results will start to show. But if you just give up on him now, it will have been considered an unfair assessment on a proven QB.

Now, let me throw this into the mix. Let's say all you say is true, but there isn't going to be a season next year. Let's say there's a lockout coming. You know Snyder would know this. You know he'd tell shanahan, since he's the coach, and will have to plan accordingly. Another season under the offense might not be for two more years, at which point McNabb's age is definitely a factor. If there's a lockout, by rule he can't work out with the coaches to get better. he could be the clichéd Old Dog trying to learn New Tricks.

The entire notion that they gave up so much to get him and did nopt try everything to make it work is ludicrous. Draft picks are too valuable, especially around here. In looking at Shanahan's past, he makes some questionable free agent moves, but he covets his picks. In most of his drafts, he had more picks than there were rounds. To me the logic of it says that he gave up the picks expecting something he did not get.

Reid started shopping him right after the season ended.. tried to move him to Cleveland among others. No one else bit.

So here you have a coach who is not known for making bad personel decisions trading a QB within the division... why?

If the possibility existed in his mind that it would hurt the Eagles, why would he do it?

Of all those questions, there seems to be one simple answer. McNabb's skills are on the downside and declining fast. Coaches simply do not give up on good quarterbacks unless there is a major personal problem. Reid had no problems with him, they started in Philly together and went thru the best years that franchise has seen in the Super Bowl era together. No personal froction.

I can buy there may have been dfriction here, but where does that stem from?

I understand sometimes a coach and a player just don't get along, such as the case of Haynesworth. But teams simply do not give up what we did and then try to get rid of him this quickly for no reason.

The reason is pretty simple in my mind.

We bought a lemon with a nice paint job.

~Bang

You can say those things if you want, but it's all opinion. One could say that because the Redskins lost, it's McNabb's fault. But this is what Redskins fans do. They already watch their coach put the blame on the QB and agree with them. Campbell was blamed for the failure of our offense, when clearly it was the O-line. If the Redskins had made the playoffs and McNabb not gotten benched, we wouldn't be talking about this. Everyone would be saying that McNabb is doing well and that more success will come as the O-line improves. But what happens, we don't make the playoffs, Shannahan benches McNabb and people now think that McNabb is washed up. Just because the coach benches a QB does not mean he is completely bad or unable to do the job. The way I see it, this is his first year under a bad O-line and mediocre receiving core? Grossman would have done the same if they went with him at the beginning of the season.

I could see why Andy Reid released McNabb, because he felt it was time to build a new QB. He had Kolb and Michael Vick. I give Andy Reid more respect because he wasn't disrespectful about it like Shannahan was. In the trade with Washington, he asked McNabb if he felt comfortable coming here. Both the Raiders and Buffalo were interested in trading with Philly to get McNabb. He felt comfortable with Washington because he would still play in the NFC East. But if you look at how things went with the Eagles, it made you scratch your head. We all thought Kolb would remain started, until he went down and they named Michael Vick the starting QB. If it was all about Kevin Kolb when McNabb left, why did they give the starting job to Michael Vick and on top of that, let him keep it? When Vick played us for the first time this season in Philly, he got injured. Kolb came in and made it easier for us to win. Now, what if Andy Reid had kept McNabb, made Vick starter and Kevin Kolb as third string? McNabb would have filled in for Michael Vick when we injured him in Philly. I bet you the Eagles would have won that game against us, when McNabb came in for Michael Vick. We all know Donovan McNabb could have picked apart our weak 3-4 defense, like Vick did on Monday Night Football.

Therefore, if McNabb had beat us the first time we played Philly this season, he would look like a good QB to Redskins fans. In result of this, Campbell or Grossman would be taking all the heat.

You can say those things if you want, but it's all opinion. One could say that because the Redskins lost, it's McNabb's fault. But this is what Redskins fans do. They already watch their coach put the blame on the QB and agree with them. Campbell was blamed for the failure of our offense, when clearly it was the O-line. If the Redskins had made the playoffs and McNabb not gotten benched, we wouldn't be talking about this. Everyone would be saying that McNabb is doing well and that more success will come as the O-line improves. But what happens, we don't make the playoffs, Shannahan benches McNabb and people now think that McNabb is washed up. Just because the coach benches a QB does not mean he is completely bad or unable to do the job. The way I see it, this is his first year under a bad O-line and mediocre receiving core? Grossman would have done the same if they went with him at the beginning of the season.

I could see why Andy Reid released McNabb, because he felt it was time to build a new QB. He had Kolb and Michael Vick. I give Andy Reid more respect because he wasn't disrespectful about it like Shannahan was. In the trade with Washington, he asked McNabb if he felt comfortable coming here. Both the Raiders and Buffalo were interested in trading with Philly to get McNabb. He felt comfortable with Washington because he would still play in the NFC East. But if you look at how things went with the Eagles, it made you scratch your head. We all thought Kolb would remain started, until he went down and they named Michael Vick the starting QB. If it was all about Kevin Kolb when McNabb left, why did they give the starting job to Michael Vick and on top of that, let him keep it? When Vick played us for the first time this season in Philly, he got injured. Kolb came in and made it easier for us to win. Now, what if Andy Reid had kept McNabb, made Vick starter and Kevin Kolb as third string? McNabb would have filled in for Michael Vick when we injured him in Philly. I bet you the Eagles would have won that game against us, when McNabb came in for Michael Vick. We all know Donovan McNabb could have picked apart our weak 3-4 defense, like Vick did on Monday Night Football.

Well, even if Andy reid wanted Kolb, Vick showed him who was better. And the fact he made that change again shows that he typically doesn't make bad decisions when it comes to personel. I think he made the right choice with Vick. It was the obvious choice, and it indicates that he will not hesitate to go with the better player (even if he did hesitate a little this year, he ultimately (and quickly) made the right decision.) This factors into my argument of why he was ready to let mcNabb go. I don't think it was because Kolb was knocking his socks off, or because he was ready to go with Vick. I think McNabb had more to do with why Reid gave up than either of those two... given what he knew about all three at the time of the trade.

What we may "all know" about McNabb may be hinging on what we used to know about McNabb. He's not a young player anymore.

And it's not just opinion that MCNabb is probably going to be on his third team in a little over a year come springtime. That's real. And that doesn't happen to guys who can light it up.

FTR, I don't blame McNabb for the season, and I don't blame him for getting hit so much.

It's the other things I'm seeing and hearing that tell me that maybe he's not a good fit, and rather than continue to drive a square peg into a round hole, it might be better to just eat the loss and move along.

As we all see, coaches don't have very much of a leash anymore.. decisions nowadays have to be made fast.

His passing has been steadily less and less sharp over the last couple of years.. he throws a nice deep ball, and with DeSean Jackson to run under them he racked up some nice numbers lately. But this year he under threw Armstrong badly most of the time that he got deep, and really, cost some touchdowns. AA had multiple steps on guys and would have to wait on the ball while the DB caught up.

His short passing game has really dropped off.

Could be after all those years of 75% passing play offense like he ran in Philly may have taken a toll on his shoulder and arm.

I don't really get the whole "disrespect" thing. I think that is fueled a lot by the rabid nature of the media here,, they always need a finger to point and a stink to raise. McNabb's agent certainly didn't help the situation, and if there's one thing else we ought to know, McNabb is always going to play the diplomat. He gives soft scripted answers that most guys with his years of dealing with the media give. He's been dealing with that sort of hostility his whole pro career.

I like McNabb, I think he's a good person, I really had high hopes for him here. But it just may be that it's his time.

~Bang

Archived