Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFP: Potential cracks in relationship between Snyder and Shanahan / Allen

Andre The Giant

That's the whole problem. Evaluated by WHO? Our non qualified to be anything but a fan, owner? Hey, I didn't like the hiring of Shanahan either. Look at my history, but it takes more than 2 seasons to turn a cluster**** around. The whole problem is that we still don't have a real GM to Coach relationship. Shanahan is basically the boss, the owner is the only one above him and I wouldn't trust that guys "evaluation" process of anything. He's still the same guy who fired Schottenheimer so he could bring back his best buddy and hire Steve Spurrier. He has 0 clue about anything and so how would he evaluate the job that Shanahan is doing?

Excellent question..

We all know that Snyder has done everything to mess this thing up in D.C. But lets be very realistic here.. Snyder has been hands off for two coaches since he's owned the team, Joe Gibbs and Mike Shanahan. When Gibbs coached you didnt hear or see anything from Snyder or Cerrato, so if Gibbs messed up it was all on him. Gibbs even said " hey if this team doesn't do well the finger is pointed at me not Dan". But Gibbs took us to the playoffs two years so who cant evaluate that success? But what if Gibbs wouldnt have gone to the playoffs the second year? People were already calling for his head after 2006 when we went 5-11. The evaluation doesn't have to be by Snyder, its basically cut and dry with Shanahan just as it was with Gibbs. Win and you stay, lose and your gone!

Under Zorn we had one hell of a running game before our line wore out? I honestly don't want to read anything else you have to say.

Ugh,...

Are you referring to Zorn's first season, when we started 6-2? Then the rest of the league figured out how to beat us? Is that what you're referring to? So let me get this straight, you actually think we had a good running game under Zorn? That's funny. Please don't respond to any of my posts if you thought we had a good running game under Zorn.

Are you referring to Zorn's first season, when we started 6-2? Then the rest of the league figured out how to beat us? Is that what you're referring to? So let me get this straight, you actually think we had a good running game under Zorn? That's funny. Please don't respond to any of my posts if you thought we had a good running game under Zorn.

Technically we had a good running game under Zorn in year 1.

Prove me wrong?

The rest of the league figuring us out was not included in your original off the wall assertion. Nice try (adding it in up there^ lol)

We actually did (I challenge you to pull stats from the 2008 season sir)

Prove me wrong?

The rest of the league figuring us out was not included in your original off the wall assertion. Nice try (adding it in up there^ lol)

So, according to you, having a good running game for 1/4 of the time Zorn was here means we had a good running game under Zorn? I said that we did not have a good running game under Zorn, and for 3/4 of the time he was here, that was the case. How does that not make sense to you?

Let me help you out. Portis had very good numbers for the first half of Zorn's first season (so did JC for that matter). Once teams figured out what we were doing, any success we were having abruptly ended.

lol @Bang now I see why your a cartoonist...because your a funny guy. I see you tried pretty hard but you didnt disprove any of my points. Nice try though. If you ever played sports then you would know that you dont have to play pro sports to have experianced similar sports situations that pros have...especially onces when dealing with a coach. But maybe I shouldnt expect a waterboy to understand that. You think every coach is perfect and that they dont make mistakes so really theres no hope of you understanding. Didnt you use to stick up for Jim Zorn too? Yea your the type to make fun of people after the fact...you know hindsight is 20/20 anybody can do that. Im not going to go back and forth with you because your beliefs are your beliefs and it seems as if they're set in stone but I will make myself clear on 2points.

I never said Thomas was going to be great I said not finding out what he could do this year and instead keeping Joey Galloway and Roydell Williams, Two players who just wasted roster spots all year, Was a mistake. If you cant see that then I cant help you. And if he does become good I bet you'll just say the standard " well he finally got his act together and became good" crap that coach loving fans say. Because its not possible that he was good hear and just didnt get the opportunity to play or that the coach made a mistake. Because the coach knows football and wouldnt cut a good player. You act like good players dont get cut. James Harrison was cut 6 times and he was a MVP, Kurt Warner wa bagging groceries, wonderboy Anthony Armstrong was cut, I could go on for days naming players who didnt get a chance but turned out to be good. Its called opportunity. But no coaches dont make mistakes and cut good players so they must of just got good overnight with their current team smh. Yea right you probably used to make fun of Fred Davis too before he got his opportunity.

As for Shanny admitting his mistake with McNabb...it seems to be that you dont comprehend that he had no choice but to admit it. What was he going to say after he trades the man? That he did the right thing in giving up 2 picks for him just to let him play 13 games and then getting rid of him after one year? Like I said your falling for it hook line and sinker because your not getting the point that he doesnt want anyone to talk about...that fact that he did a crappy job here as coach in 2010, the fact that his offense didnt succeed, that they didnt score points, that he made the whole year a circus...instead he throws mcnabb under the bus and everyone just focuses on that and puts all the blame on donnovan. That was the whole purpose of him throwing mcnabb under the bus.

But if you want to continue with blind faith then go head...but where did it get you with Zorn and Blache. Ill leave it at that...I have no problem with you nothing personal and your cartoons are ok I think I laughed at some back in 02 or 03. But your willingness to stick up and side with coaches in general and Shannahan is just laughable to me...like I said your a funny guy. Talk to ya later

True.

I don't have anything against him, but I don't think he's going to do much.

Maybe he'll be like Lloyd and grow up somewhere someday and be something.

Unless I miss my guess, hadn't he only played on year of football before we drafted him? He was very raw then,, might be he's too raw.

He was a JuCo transfer with one full year at Michigan. He probably didn't do his career any favors in coming out early, but many rated him as the top WR in the draft, so it is kinda hard to blame him.

What will keep Thomas around is that he's a pretty good ST player. He returns kicks, does a good job as a gunner and, much to our chagrin, can block a kick. :doh:

I don't have much regrets about him. When we drafted him, I saw him as a high risk/high reward kind of player.

He was a JuCo transfer with one full year at Michigan. He probably didn't do his career any favors in coming out early, but many rated him as the top WR in the draft, so it is kinda hard to blame him.

What will keep Thomas around is that he's a pretty good ST player. He returns kicks, does a good job as a gunner and, much to our chagrin, can block a kick. :doh:

I don't have much regrets about him. When we drafted him, I saw him as a high risk/high reward kind of player.

That's right, thanks for the clarification (altho I think it was Mich. St.)

I agree, I don't have much regret,, and even though he's showing he might not be much in the league, I had hopes for him when he was drafted.

I wish him success,,, once he leaves the Giants.

~Bang

That's right, thanks for the clarification (altho I think it was Mich. St.)

You might be right about that.

I agree, I don't have much regret,, and even though he's showing he might not be much in the league, I had hopes for him when he was drafted.

I wish him success,,, once he leaves the Giants.

I've actually had higher hopes for Kelly, who is the big physical receiver we haven't had since Monk left.

But, to keep perspective, Thomas is still doing better than half the WRs drafted in that round, in that he's still in the league. Of the 10 receivers drafted in that 2nd round, only 4 have been productive in offenses. I am hoping once Kelly gets past the injury bug that he will be #5.

This is bull**** started by florio. I was listening to those idiot's "the Junkies" who were sure the story was true. According to EB there is no way Florio would just speculate. This ******* conjures ideas out of thin air (or message boards) and then tries to pawn them off to readers as NFL scripture. I'm sick of his racket.

This is bull**** started by florio.

I agree 100%, with respect to Florio. However, Jay Glazer came out with a report about Snyder’s frustrations with Shanny a little while back. Glazer tends to be one of the more trustworthy football reporters out there. It’s certainly possible Glazer was misinformed, but he seems to be the recipient of quality leaks and isn't just a pot-stirrer, as far as I can tell.

A big problem we have around here is that our expectations don’t match reality. The sooner we all (fans, ownership, and everyone else in Redskinland) understand that having a championship-caliber football team is not our birthright, the better off we’ll all be.

Take a look at Steve Spagnuoulo and the St. Louis Rams. He takes over a hapless mess of a team in 2009 and goes 1-15. In 2010, they make dramatic strides, end up going 7-9, and have the football world saying, “Hey, Spags has those Rams headed in the right direction.”

But by our standards, Spags would be considered a failure. “Two seasons and he hasn’t even posted a winning record yet? Get him outta here!” So then we start over.

I agree 100%, with respect to Florio. However, Jay Glazer came out with a report about Snyder’s frustrations with Shanny a little while back. Glazer tends to be one of the more trustworthy football reporters out there. It’s certainly possible Glazer was misinformed, but he seems to be the recipient of quality leaks and isn't just a pot-stirrer, as far as I can tell.

It is still mostly meaningless. You can be frustrated and all it leads to is a talk session about what happened, what went wrong and what will change in the future to keep it from happening again. If I was Snyder, I wouldn't be happy either about some of the things that went on, but that doesn't mean that the guy's job is in danger.

potential media fodder: lets write about it until it comes true!

the media has began to throw unsourced stories around in a vague manner so that when they're proven false they can say, we didn't actually say it was 100% true.

breaking a story is more important to the media than getting a story right.

It is still mostly meaningless. You can be frustrated and all it leads to is a talk session about what happened, what went wrong and what will change in the future to keep it from happening again. If I was Snyder, I wouldn't be happy either about some of the things that went on, but that doesn't mean that the guy's job is in danger.

It's meaningless, UNLESS it was Snyder who leaked his frustration to Glazer. If Snyder was frustrated enough that he felt the need or the urge to leak his frustration to Glazer, then I don’t think it’s meaningless at all. And if it wasn’t Snyder who leaked it, I can’t even fathom where Glazer could have gotten information about Snyder being frustrated. Again, maybe he was just misinformed.

Obviously, I have no idea whether Snyder leaked the info. Hopefully he did not. But I’d say that Snyder has used carefully timed and carefully placed leaks over the years to get a message across. I recall a report about Zorn that said, “the honeymoon is over,” when things started to go south with him. That report was surprising at the time, because we had started out 6-2 under him, and he was in his first year. But it turned out to be truer than true.

Snyder may be crazy but he’s not dumb. He knows how to float a message out through the media. Again, I don’t know whether that’s what he did that with Glazer regarding Shanny, but it’s worrisome if he did. From what I’ve seen over the years, Snyder tends to fire a shot across the bow before things completely deteriorate with his coach.

To make a long story short, I think the report in the OP is likely crap, but I’m more concerned about the report from a few weeks back from the usually reliable Glazer.

Prove me wrong?

So, according to you, having a good running game for 1/4 of the time Zorn was here means we had a good running game under Zorn? I said that we did not have a good running game under Zorn, and for 3/4 of the time he was here, that was the case. How does that not make sense to you?

Let me help you out. Portis had very good numbers for the first half of Zorn's first season (so did JC for that matter). Once teams figured out what we were doing, any success we were having abruptly ended.

I'm glad you realized your incredible error, but you could of at least acknowledged I was right instead of just leaving. :ols::pfft:

It's meaningless, UNLESS it was Snyder who leaked his frustration to Glazer.

I've never seen anything within this organization to prove that Snyder is passive aggressive like this. Plus, this is a man who doesn't trust the media. I doubt that Snyder is doing any leaking to the media. Someone might, but I doubt it is Snyder or done with his permission.

I've never seen anything within this organization to prove that Snyder is passive aggressive like this. Plus, this is a man who doesn't trust the media. I doubt that Snyder is doing any leaking to the media. Someone might, but I doubt it is Snyder or done with his permission.

With Zorn, you had the “honeymoon is over” leak, which turned out to be dead-on accurate. With Spurrier, Vinny and Snyder cut Danny Wuerffel and forced Spurrier to coach without the one and only quarterback he really wanted to work with. You can argue that it was a good football decision, but it neutered Spurrier and cut his legs out from under him. Spurrier’s dejected responses? “I thought I’d at least be able to pick my quarterback.” Spurrier lost all interest in the job at that moment. There were even reports that Marty could be in trouble after his first season, but no one actually believed it because it seemed absurd--until it actually happened. Norv was given a playoffs-or-bust ultimatum in ’99, as I recall, before he was fired the following season at 7-6.

As for the media, you’re right that Snyder generally doesn’t trust them. But I think he has a few hand-selected confidants he’ll spill the beans to when he’s so inclined.

You have to wonder if Snyder doesn't like Shanahan running everything...

He fired Marty because of that.

And Schottenheimer finished by winning 8 of 11 with gd Tony Banks at QB, no legit receiving threats, and an entire squad of scrubs on defense with the exception of Arrington and Bailey.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is itching to fire Shanahan but he has to know that the fan revolt would have to mean the end of the road for him. I wanna see what he does if Shanahan really starts a rebuilding process and we go 5-11 next year. I seriously doubt Shanahan can even consider really doing that though.

With Zorn, you had the “honeymoon is over” leak, which turned out to be dead-on accurate. With Spurrier, Vinny and Snyder cut Danny Wuerffel and forced Spurrier to coach without the one and only quarterback he really wanted to work with. You can argue that it was a good football decision, but it neutered Spurrier and cut his legs out from under him. Spurrier’s dejected responses? “I thought I’d at least be able to pick my quarterback.” Spurrier lost all interest in the job at that moment. There were even reports that Marty could be in trouble after his first season, but no one actually believed it because it seemed absurd--until it actually happened. Norv was given a playoffs-or-bust ultimatum in ’99, as I recall, before he was fired the following season at 7-6.

As for the media, you’re right that Snyder generally doesn’t trust them. But I think he has a few hand-selected confidants he’ll spill the beans to when he’s so inclined.

Well, the latter sounded like a smart decision considering that Woeful was never that good. I remember many cheering that decision at the time. (Tho, I never understood what Vinny saw in Rob Johnson that lead him to believe he'd be a good QB for Spurrier.) As for the former, given everything that was heard after the fact, I wouldn't be shocked if most of the rumors came from Vinny or someone close to him. Toward the end, it sounded like he was getting really hostile to Zorn.

I'm glad you realized your incredible error, but you could of at least acknowledged I was right instead of just leaving. :ols::pfft:

I went to sleep sir. Sorry

I asked you to provide stats. That was a direct question. I never implied the question. Go find the stats copy N Paste them and lets talk about how legit our running game indeed was in 2008. The reason we went 8-8 was because we could run the hell out of the football.

I will wait

Hail!

Archived