Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFP: Potential cracks in relationship between Snyder and Shanahan / Allen

Andre The Giant

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-2727.html

There appear to be some cracks in the relationship between Redskins owner Dan Snyder and head coach Mike Shanahan and general manager Bruce Allen, according to those familiar with the goings on at Redskins Park. And that might mean Shanahan and Allen better win in 2011 if they want to be around in 2012.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-2727.html

There appear to be some cracks in the relationship between Redskins owner Dan Snyder and head coach Mike Shanahan and general manager Bruce Allen, according to those familiar with the goings on at Redskins Park. And that might mean Shanahan and Allen better win in 2011 if they want to be around in 2012.

Sounds like a Vinny Cerrato quote, since he's familiar with the "goings on at Redskins Park" and all. There's no proof, so I'd say it's BS.

Of course, few are in a position to know for sure whether such is the case, or close to the case, or not at all the case, for sure. But of those that could claim such a sureness on the matter, Dan Pompei would be farther down the list than most knowledgeable ES posters. :)

I'll submit that while Daniel Snyder may have opinions that include conflicting and challenging judgments (as do many fans and pundits) to every move our new FO has chosen, he's still committed to let them have their way for more than two years and stay out of micro-managing or even "managing" per se. :)

The sports media talking-head cadre is little more than a clown circus these days when not commenting on actual on-the-field performances, which a few of them are still able to do semi-competently.

Wow...not even speculating on the speculation. Just saying "there might be."

This just in, there might be something going on somewhere, according to someone.

....but are they familiar with the goings on of the incident? :ols: I'm just playin'.

I was fortunate to be in the locker room after the Giants game last week, my first time, so a lot of locker room protocols I wasn't used to.

One was seeing Dan Snyder walking around red faced and looking quite upset. He looked frustrated at the loss, the 6-10 season, yadda yadda. I thought briefly about whether or not there was a rift between him and Bruce and Mike, but I figure it's just plain old frustration after a frustrating game and frustrating season.

Nothing to see here, move along.

I was going to start a thread talking about something like this, but figured I'd sound too speculatory.

Fact of the matter is, if Snyder fires Shanahan and Bruce Allen after 2 seasons, it's all over.

Agreed. I don't want to be apocalyptic. But if Snyder does this I will stop following this team until he either dies or sells it.

I've thinking this for awhile

We can talk about this being another rebuild year all we want

But if we finish 3-13 or 3-15

Snyder will have an aneurysm and shanny will be out on his ass

In this day and age in the NFL, with teams retooling on the fly, Detroit esque records will not be accepted especially by impatient ppl like Snyder

That is my absolute worst fear

Agreed. I don't want to be apocalyptic. But if Snyder does this I will stop following this team until he either dies or sells it.

I might be right there with you. There will be a point at which I will be ready to bail on the Shanahan (and possibly Allen) experience if we continue to struggle... but if Snyder ever does something to demonstrate that level of impatience after all he's been through (not that I believe he will), it's going to be hard to continue to follow this team so closely.

I was going to start a thread talking about something like this, but figured I'd sound too speculatory.

Fact of the matter is, if Snyder fires Shanahan and Bruce Allen after 2 seasons, it's all over.

For those men it would be but the Redskins would still move forward. No player, coach, or GM is bigger then the team. If someone is just a fan of the team (I know your not) because of the people running it then we don't need them anyway.

For those men it would be but the Redskins would still move forward. No player, coach, or GM is bigger then the team. If someone is just a fan of the team (I know your not) because of the people running it then we don't need them anyway.

For sure, but it will be a rather big indictment on the owner.

A few speculative thoughts...

- Right or wrong, Snyder will likely compare Shanahan with Gibbs, with who he had an extremely positive, collaborative experience. Shanahan does not seem like he'd communicate with Dan like Joe did.

- Snyder has mentioned in the past he didn't like it when coaches hired their buddies. I wonder what his opinion is of having Kyle as the OC, especially considering the rift with Donovan.

- Jay Glazer reported that Snyder was unhappy with the Donovan benching. Would this info (if accurate) really shock anyone on this board?

For sure. That would make me legitimately consider abandoning this team for as long as Snyder still owns it. I don't think I'm alone either-- Snyder would be risking alienating a huge part of the fan base.

Cracks don't matter, there are always cracks between relationships of owners and head coaches, especially when teams aren't winning. The "new" Danny shouldn't let the cracks bother him though, IF they are there in the first place. The "old" Danny would have let this bother him and would have been pressured to act.

Speculation is fear mongering

For sure, but it will be a rather big indictment on the owner.

For sure. We knew that his meddling childish impatience has hurt this team long before these men joined. If he cans these guys next year then it will show he's learned nothing over the years but all signs point to him understanding his role better this season then in years past. A leopard doesn't change his spots often but boys can grow up and become men and I think he's done a fine job this year of being the owner we need him to be. There is no "news" here in this report but we need to monitor the situation closely. If he regresses then he's got a revolt on his hands and the fans will leave and kill his cash cow. I don't think he wants that to happen.

I was fortunate to be in the locker room after the Giants game last week, my first time, so a lot of locker room protocols I wasn't used to.

One was seeing Dan Snyder walking around red faced and looking quite upset. He looked frustrated at the loss, the 6-10 season, yadda yadda. I thought briefly about whether or not there was a rift between him and Bruce and Mike, but I figure it's just plain old frustration after a frustrating game and frustrating season.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Snyder should be red faced because the stench that is the Washington Redskins is a product of gross mishandling on his part since he bought the team over a decade ago.

It is an utter embarrassment that the Skins are now mentioned in the same breath as the Lions, Bills, Browns, Texans and Jags as the only teams to not win a division championship in the past decade.

It has to be frustrating for our owner to see how the Atlanta Falcons turned their fortunes around after Vick left. Likewise, its frustrating for fans to see the Ravens in the playoffs and they are down the road from them. I am sure the owner is not happy about giving up two draft choices for McNabb and then Shanny benching McNabb. Its hard to find good quarterbacks and good coaches. All the playoff teams have good coaches and good quarterbacks and the .500 teams stay home in search of their future quarterbacks. The Redskins have not had a good General Manager since Bobby Bethard and think how long that has been now since he was in D.C.

Archived