Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tom Cable for oline coach? (MET)

pram11

I know Shanny said his staff would return, but that was before Cable became available. Will he look at him as OL coach? I only ask because of the way our line played most of the season and more notably, Cable was a guy on Shanny's short list of OL coaches last year had he been fired. Thoughts?

I know Shanny said his staff would return, but that was before Cable became available. Will he look at him as OL coach? I only ask because of the way our line played most of the season and more notably, Cable was a guy on Shanny's short list of OL coaches last year had he been fired. Thoughts?

Cable in Oakland they ran more of a power scheme it seemed like so he wouldn't be a good fit when we run a ZBS

While putting his staff together, last year, Shanahan, waited until Cable was retained by Oakland to hire Forester. Cable was Shanahans first choice as o-line coach if he got fired last year. It will be intersting to see if Shanahan goes back to that well this offseason now that Cable is available. I presonally would be in favor of such a move. It could net us Robert Gallery in free agency as an upgrade at guard.

..... It could net us Robert Gallery in free agency as an upgrade at guard.

Just say NO to 30 year old veterans. We should have a cut off point of 27 max, and only then for proven guys that fit. More so we need to be looking at guys 25/26 at a push or under if we want to build this right and for the long term.

Hail.

Just say NO to 30 year old veterans. We should have a cut off point of 27 max, and only then for proven guys that fit. More so we need to be looking at guys 25/26 at a push or under if we want to build this right and for the long term.

Hail.

Good point I didnt realize he was quite that old...but the bottom line is Cable would be an excellent O-line coach. He is sure to land somewhere.

Fire a guy for beating up his baby momma, hire a guy that punched out one of his assistant coaches.

Brilliant!

You have a better point than you think. Cable has had issues with slapping around women as well. I wouldn't hire him. With him around our cheerleaders would end up looking Caroline Panther cheerleaders. I prefer Burgundy & Gold to Black & Blue personally.

Archived