Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could anthony bryant be the long term solution to the skins problem at nt?

ukvillaskin

I'm not sure he's the answer, but he absolutely should be kept. I still think they will look at FA NT's like Franklin from San Francisco. I'm tired of losing guys that play well on other teams like Dixon for the Eagles and Green for the Packers. Dixon especially stings. Bryant looks like he has a bright future.

I think he could be a decent care-taker of that position for the next year or two until we find our longterm NT.

I agree with the general consensus. He will baby-sit that position well until we can find somebody that is younger, stonger, faster, oh yeah and younger at the position. I say keep him though, he isn't afraid to throw his weight around and make people work to keep him outta the back field.

The guy does an outstanding job. He not only occupies blockers, but he actually stuffs running backs for no gain on a consistent bases. He has a very good build for a NT. He seems to play very natural. Has great instincts. The skins, no longer having Vinnie call the shots, will keep him. People can say what they will about Shanny; he will reward players that produce.

Is he all-pro type stuff? No, and neither does he need to be. We need a whole team made of players like him, AA, Torain, Montgomery and the rest of the cats who's name no one can properly spell. We have become a team of rag-tag, no-name, cast-offs and nobodies....reminds me of 1982 :-)

From what I have heard about Bryant his talent is not in question but his work habits/desire/heart for football are a big question mark. If he can commit himself fully to football I think he can be a pretty good NT for us down the road (at leas in part of a rotation).

Bryant looked good against the Giants Sunday and we managed to stop their running game 2nd half, which was partly down to him.

I don't know anything about him, how good is he/can he be? Could he be the answer to our problems at NT?

I really liked the combo of Jarmon, Bryant and Carriker.

With Kemo and Daniels for depth, and maybe a late round steal I think that our DL would be much upgraded. The only concern for me would be injury to Carriker....

We would still need to add a huge talent at NT sometime in the next couple of years, unless Bryant develops into a dominant force.

I liked how Bryant played the last few games, and I think he'll be great in a rotation for a few years. If we can get a FA like Soliai from Miami, then I think we'll be pretty good there. This year Bryant is 29, next year he will be 30, so he's got a handful of years left.

I really liked the combo of Jarmon, Bryant and Carriker.

With Kemo and Daniels for depth, and maybe a late round steal I think that our DL would be much upgraded. The only concern for me would be injury to Carriker....

We would still need to add a huge talent at NT sometime in the next couple of years, unless Bryant develops into a dominant force.

Bryant did play well and I think he is a worst a good rotation guy - he elevated the whole line when he came in which is an indicment of Kemo and shows what an impact on our defense Hayneworth could have made if he had committed to doing what he was being paid to do ......

As for Jarmon and I am not sold on him as anything more than a depth guy at RDE. Thats a position we need to upgrade one way or another for me.

The guy does an outstanding job. He not only occupies blockers, but he actually stuffs running backs for no gain on a consistent bases. He has a very good build for a NT. He seems to play very natural. Has great instincts. The skins, no longer having Vinnie call the shots, will keep him. People can say what they will about Shanny; he will reward players that produce.

Is he all-pro type stuff? No, and neither does he need to be. We need a whole team made of players like him, AA, Torain, Montgomery and the rest of the cats who's name no one can properly spell. We have become a team of rag-tag, no-name, cast-offs and nobodies....reminds me of 1982 :-)

From what I've seen on the pitch this year, Torrain and Armstrong have shown a real desire. I've been very impressed with Armstrong, he seems intent on being the best he can possibly, hopefully the likes of Bryant can do the same.

I've just remembered that the Giants had their 2 starting centers out on Sunday, maybe made Bryant look better than he is.

The Redskins need to target Abrayo Franklin and Paul Soliai. Both are starting nose tackles in the NFL on very good run defenses, which is the #1 priority of a nose in the 3-4. Both San Francisco and Miami ranked in the top 7 in rush yards allowed/game and the top 5 for rush yards allowed/attempt, which is an even stronger indicator of how good a team's run defense is. Franklin will be 31 next year, but with the shortage of starting nose tackles in this league, that shouldn't matter. While I'd be very happy to get either, my preference is on Soliai; he's younger at 27-years, and bigger at 355 lbs compared to Franklin at 315. Either way, no way should the Redskins rest with Anthony Bryant as a starter based on two games when there are two proven nose tackles on the market that have done it over a couple of seasons. That position is too important in this defense to go with somebody based on two games, when there are proven players available. Get Franklin or Soliai if at all possible.

I don't think so. He's way better than Kemo (at this point) but isn't dominant. From a lay person's perspective, I noticed more activity in the middle when he is in the game, even getting double teamed pretty frequently -- which is great. Even some occasional penetration. In all, an average NT (at a very unique position), but at 30, not a long term solution. Nice surprise though.

He's good, and could work, but you gotta aim HIGH at the NT position. If you can get that NT and those 2 LBs, make that triangle, you're in business. There certain players out of Carolina I would love to get this year.

Thank you for spelling Torain's name with ONE r.

I'd keep Vonnie Holiday over Daniels for depth. I thought he held his edge and point of attack well. WashEx had a good write up on it in the Breaking News Section.

Vonnie has been playing well and knows this scheme the best....we need to keep him for sure. What about that Duncan kid or Darrin Scott?

I've been sayin that Bryant should have been the starting NT for a while now. He can be the long term solution. I think he has a lot of upside, very bright upside. And yes he is pushing 30 but its a very young 30 so to speak. He's only played a handful of games in his whole career.

Archived