Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On the Bright Side........

@DCGoldPants

Three biggest pluses in my book:

1. Shanny setting new standards of player accountability.

2. We *finally* made a serious move at rebuilding the OL. And the bookends may now be taken care of!

3. Danny appears to be letting the football people run football operations.

I agree with your first bulletin...but I'm not so sure on our RT. He's proven to be what he was before he got here...injury prone. And to date...McGroundball has Snyder written all over it. An aging QB from a divisional rival...paying two draft picks...and thinking the entire time that you are one or two pieces away from a minor playoff stint.

The move for McNabb = The move for Deion Sanders, years later...

Trent didn't get abused...

He got beat ONCE...the other forced fumble / sack was on Cooley - watch the film rickys...

I'm confused as well why people keep saying he got abused. The only other play I can think of is the play where Osi got inside of him on an outside zone run and I'm not even sure if Osi was his responsilbility or if Lich was supposed to reach block him. IDK, maybe I wouldn't use that word but he can certainly get better.

I'm confused as well why people keep saying he got abused. The only other play I can think of is the play where Osi got inside of him on an outside zone run and I'm not even sure if Osi was his responsilbility or if Lich was supposed to reach block him. IDK, maybe I wouldn't use that word but he can certainly get better.

With some people, it's the last thing they see that sits in their Mind.

Like Landry getting Burnt by Jackson, Now apparently Landry was terrible all year.

We got to see some good things out of a few young guys. We know what we have on this team now, talent wise. We now know that Donovan McNabb isn't any better than Rex Grossman as a starter here.

We won 2 more games than last season, and lost 6 more by 4 or less points. We can now look toward the draft at #10 and pray to the football gods that there's football next season and all this BS about the CBA can be worked out quickly, because I don't want to wait to watch football for another 18 months after the SB.

i think there were a lot of positives this year...

we got to see ... Armstrong, Banks, Torain, K. Williams, the Fat AL debacle is coming to an end... rex has looked ok ... not stunning but not too bad i dont think..... Trent turned out to NOT be a bust.... LL got back to form...D. Hall had a record game and is headed to the pro bowl... and last but not least

WE GOT TO SEE CARLOS GET A COUPLE OF PICKS!!!!

HTTR!!!!

---------- Post added January-2nd-2011 at 10:53 PM ----------

oh yeah i forgot about Bryant he looked good.... Alexander continues to impress on special teams

carriker seems to have worked out well

Oh, another bright side is that, statistically, and I know this is complete BS but it makes me feel a little better, if Grossman had started all 16 games (I already said I know this is BS, humor me) averaging his stats from the last 3 games throughout the season, he would have had 4,480 yards, 37 TDs.

Like I said, complete BS, but it's pretty to look at and dream about.

I hope we figure out this whole QB/WR/NT/FS/OL issue over the offseason. I actually thought Barnes was really good at FS tonight, aside from a costly mistake or two.

And how about Austin finally getting in a game and catching some big passes.

On the bright side.....we've been Vinny-Free for over a year now.

One might be able to argue your statement is the single biggest bright spot as the season comes to a close and we head into the off season.

I feel more calm with the hopeful knowledge that the FO will make some smart moves to acquire and keep quality players.

On the bright side...

It looks like we've been through the majority of the growing pains with the new systems. We've seen that our offense can move the ball and put up points, and that with the right people, our defense can be very effective. With more players that fit our system next year, we are primed to take off. As long as we keep the course and stick with this staff, we're going to see good things.

bonus:

On the bright side...

The Eagles aren't going anywhere in the playoffs and we won't have the $100 million headache next year

Archived