Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Luck theory: After the bye, did Shanahan tank the Redskins season on purpose? Was there hidden purpose in the McNabb extension?

Atlanta Skins Fan

Then why not trade our #10 pick this year to somebody like like Denver or Carolina who more than likely will be a top 5 pick next year anyway? Trade Cooley for a 3rd or 4th. Trade McNugget for a 3rd or 4th or whatever next year, Haynesworth too. Cut everybody else over 30 except for Fletcher or trade Fletcher too if possible. Then we will have 2 top 10 picks next year and some extra's. Build for the future, but we don't do that, Shanahan never has, Snyder doesn't even want to.

This would work great in Madden.

Edit: If this was part of a trade-down this year where we still kept a lower 1st and also got a future 1st from a seemingly weak team, that's different. I'd really like that.

I thought Locker was the one everyone was drooling over last year.

Pretty stupid to do all that when he could have traded up for Bradford this year.

Says who? I think the Rams were perfectly clear that they weren't interested in any trades and needed a QB, unless of course you thought Bulger was still in there plans?

Our 2nd round pick is right around the draft where this years 2nds goes for a # 1 next year. Our pick at 10 also seems to be a good spot to trade down from there is sure to e top talent of some kind there at 10. depending on who's there i could see us easily moving down and scooping a 3rd from maybe S.D. or N E

If that happens we simply are not going to get Luck. It will be same situation as with Bradford

Why take any chances with this? Trade guys like Cooley, who will be 29 this year, build the lines this year, stock pile picks next year, get the lines set with the scheme and watch us lose game after game realizing that we'll have Luck in a year

That is beginning to sound like an attractive scenario...I just can't see them doing it. Personally, I wouldn't mind a firesale mentality to turn us into a virtual expansion team.

That is beginning to sound like an attractive scenario...I just can't see them doing it. Personally, I wouldn't mind a firesale mentality to turn us into a virtual expansion team.

It's pretty much what Dallas did to turn in to a 3 time SB champ the year they went 1-15. Indy did it when they drafted Manning and traded Faulk to the Rams, it's just something that the Redskins will never do. We're always winning the SB this year and then lose our minds when we go 6-10 to 8-8 repeatedly.

im not on board..... i admit... at a college level Luck looks great. but in the NFL you cant get by staring down the receiver you are gonna throw to. not to mention those off balance throws are sure to be picked off at the pro level. and then there is always the fact that it appears that he has pretty damned good protection too.

does the guy have skills? sure.... he doesnt have the Tebow delivery issue, but i think there are some things this guy must seriously work on to get to the next level.

sure, but who doesnt. paraphrase, and i forget who (or how many) people actually said this..."until now, there has only been 1 other player to ever come out of college where EVERY team in the nfl said ABSOLUTE STUD" Jon Elway was the first. Andrew Luck is the other...

Now, I try and not look to much into what "analyst" say but when its the consensus it has to stand for something.

sure, but who doesnt. paraphrase, and i forget who (or how many) people actually said this..."until now, there has only been 1 other player to ever come out of college where EVERY team in the nfl said ABSOLUTE STUD" Jon Elway was the first. Andrew Luck is the other...

Now, I try and not look to much into what "analyst" say but when its the consensus it has to stand for something.

I'm pretty sure everyone said that about Peyton Manning, too.

Why because they both came out of Stanford? Comparing the 2 of them before Luck even takes his first snap (or hell, even hold a pro day) is ridiculous.

Why because they both came out of Stanford? Comparing the 2 of them before Luck even takes his first snap (or hell, even hold a pro day) is ridiculous.

I find it impossible to think of a scenario - outside of injury - where Andrew Luck does not make at least 7 Pro Bowls. He's the most complete college QB since Manning.

The only question mark I have for him is the fact that he went back for his senior year. That was asinine.

I find it impossible to think of a scenario - outside of injury - where Andrew Luck does not make at least 7 Pro Bowls. He's the most complete college QB since Manning.

The only question mark I have for him is the fact that he went back for his senior year. That was asinine.

seriously, damn that kid for wanting to finish college.

Actually he went back for his RS-Jr year.

He still could go back 1 more time after this season.

Luck will be a total star in the NFL at the level of a Peyton Manning. I seriously would have no problem enduring 1-15 to get him

Luck will be a total star in the NFL at the level of a Peyton Manning. I seriously would have no problem enduring 1-15 to get him

And anyone that doubts, just watch the tape. Dude is amazing, total prostyle offense and he's mastering it in his second year.

I won't be surprised if he doesn't go #1 next year. His team shouldn't do as well with a transition in coach. But we've seen that happen before. A coach comes in and takes somebody else's talent to a title game.

Anyone know what Stanford is doing next year on O? Keeping it the same?

---------- Post added March-8th-2011 at 11:08 AM ----------

Or you could trade our first and second this year and have 3 firsts next year. You don't think that gets it done?

Wah, we pass up on a OLB or a DT or a Guard.

We have to sit through a ****ty season. But we get a freaking QB. A QB! Not just any QB. But the next big thing!

Seriously, people want another 8-8 season. BIG PICTURE!!! THINK IT!

Or you could trade our first and second this year and have 3 firsts next year. You don't think that gets it done?

Wah, we pass up on a OLB or a DT or a Guard.

We have to sit through a ****ty season. But we get a freaking QB. A QB! Not just any QB. But the next big thing!

Seriously, people want another 8-8 season. BIG PICTURE!!! THINK IT!

We're probably going to sit through a ****ty season regardless this year. McNabb is still our best choice at QB and I doubt he even wants to stay here. Besides him, there's Grossman, Beck and a draft of unimpressive QBs coming out of college, this year is just a part of the rebuilding process so I hope no one is getting their hopes off for "deh paloffs" in 2011.

People talking about Luck like everyone was talking about Locker last year. There is no guarantee what will happen with Luck. If your trying to catch lightning in a bottle your going to get burned! I've yet to see one SB champ that tanked their season to get the franchise QB.

Brady, Rogers, Roethlisberger > Peyton Manning

Luck looks like a great QB -- but we should NOT consider gutting our 2010 draft, trading our value players, and tanking our 2011 season simply to bundle together enough draft picks to ensure the #1 pick in the 2012 draft. You can't center a re-building strategy around the chance to get one guy; there's a lot of things that could happen to Luck in his 2011 season..

Even if we did draft him, we'd have a very poor supporting cast surrounding him for the 2012 season -- assuming we dared to start him right away. If the Skins had to give away a lot to secure that number 1 pick -- what's left to rebuild the remainder of the team in 2012? The Skins might have to undertake that rebuilding in 2013 and 2014.

Five years is a long time for completing a rebuild to competitiveness -- I don't think the Redskins FO would want to ask their fan-base to wait that long.

I'd prefer if the Skins continue gradually building up the team NOW, infusing youth and talent in spots projected as current and future needs. It's more responsible to first consolidate a fundamental core of players (O-line, defensive front 7). A solid core group would better support the Skins aquisitions of skilled players. Sure there'll be some flyers on development picks for WRs to see who pans out in the their third year, and maybe even a QB project. But forgoing a methodical rebuilding plan for ensuring the first pick of a 'guaranteed' franchise QB seems impulsive.

Even if they don't use their first round pick for QB in this draft -- or the next -- the Skins will be able to find someone to hold down the starter QB role while they see how their development QB picks work out. Because it does take time for a QB to develop, the Skins will need to settle on some quality QB project ASAP, -- but in the big picture this team can't derail its current rebuilding process chasing after a 'can't miss' project.

People talking about Luck like everyone was talking about Locker last year. There is no guarantee what will happen with Luck. If your trying to catch lightning in a bottle your going to get burned! I've yet to see one SB champ that tanked their season to get the franchise QB.

Nobody was talking this way about Locker last year.

When a Luck or Manning comes on the scene, it's different. Nobody discussed Tim Couch in these terms.

Many of u had doubts about Locker last season. Only McShay was touting him as the number 1 pick.

Luck is in a completely different class

Archived