Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Boehner: Democrats' Tax Bill Is 'Chicken Crap'

Baculus

Yeah no **** this is why I challenge anyone who claims the R party as conservative - unless their version of conservative mean fiscal irresponsibly. Same reason why they were swept out of office 2 years ago. Unfortunately for us the D party did absolutely no better (worse) the last 2 years IRT fiscal responsibility. What is completely dumbfounding to me is the D party folks chastised Bush and the R congress for inheriting a budget surplus and turning it back into a deficit (rightly so). But now this lame duck D congress is poised to approve the same tax cuts (while not reducing spending) that got us into this mess?

I wouldn't say the D's have been worse -- the Bush administration spent more money than any other administration in history. That isn't to say the Democrats have been spendthrift by any means . . .

That being said, the difference between the Democrat's tax bill and the Republican's is hundred of billions of dollars . . . a huge amount of money.

I wouldn't say the D's have been worse -- the Bush administration spent more money than any other administration in history. That isn't to say the Democrats have been spendthrift by any means . . .

That being said, the difference between the Democrat's tax bill and the Republican's is hundred of billions of dollars . . . a huge amount of money.

I hope I am wrong but my gut feeling is that the "compromise" between the Ds and Rs is to extend the tax cuts for all and extend the unemployment benefits for all - and reject the debt panel's recommendation. No solutions just more pandering for all and kick the ever growing national debt can down the road for another congress to deal with and our children to pay for.

Why don't the Reps want to pay for the tax cuts? I always thought that was odd. I've read that the tax cuts will add 700 billion to the bill. Why isn't the Tea Party in an uproar over it?

That's not fair. The tea party does not like budget losses that result in preventing total global economic meltdown. They have nothing against budget losses that result in rich people not having to pay another 7500 per year in taxes. Big difference. :dunce:

(for the record, if a person is making 500k per year and these tax cuts expire, his taxes will go up a completely outrageous 7500 per year. 250k x .03).

Why don't the Reps want to pay for the tax cuts? I always thought that was odd. I've read that the tax cuts will add 700 billion to the bill. Why isn't the Tea Party in an uproar over it?

Raising taxes in a recession will further reduce revenue. The issue IMO is not about taxes, its about revenue IMO. Besides the bloated tax code needs tossed out anyways, but they won't do that in the lame duck session.

Oh and for those not in the know, from what I've read the Democrats balked at pushing through the MIddle Class Tax Cut + something else, and started trying to fiddle with additional taxes in the million and up bracket. I don't entirely understand it, but seems the republicans smelled blood in the water.

This is ridiculous either way. Extend the tax cuts for two years, so we know what's coming and then see if the economy can pick up before we have to worry about it again.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2010 at 01:30 AM ----------

[/color]How is restating your use of "obvious" putting words in your mouth?!

That's not what I said.

I said you were putting words in his (twa's) mouth.

And I have to keep using the word obvious, because it should be obvious.

He used the word "everything" in relation to politics, and you guys jumped on him and assumed "everything" was not actually "everything" but rather a slight against the Dems only.

That's not what I said.

I said you were putting words in his (twa's) mouth.

And I have to keep using the word obvious, because it should be obvious.

He used the word "everything" in relation to politics, and you guys jumped on him and assumed "everything" was not actually "everything" but rather a slight against the Dems only.

Reading twa's posts for several years will allow you to recognize the patterns. :silly:

In essence, the GOP are fighting for the wealthiest of the population while avowing to let the tax cuts sunset if they don't get their way.

Not true.

Boehner said today that they plan to keep the tax cuts for everyone, including -- gasp, the horror -- the people who pay the most, when the new congress takes over.

To Baculus and those of his ilk:

What would be the tax rate you'd like to see on those making 250k+?

50%?....70%??

What do you feel those people should rightfully pay?

To DieselPwr44 and those of his ilk:

1) Why are you incapable of actually discussing the actual amounts which are actually being debated?

2) What do you think the tax rate on people making 250K+ is, right now?

To Baculus and those of his ilk:

What would be the tax rate you'd like to see on those making 250k+?

50%?....70%??

What do you feel those people should rightfully pay?

I could live with the 40% it was at the end of Reagan's presidency.

(On a sidenote it was 70% when Reagan first came in and was then 50% for most of his time in office.)

To DieselPwr44 and those of his ilk:

1) Why are you incapable of actually discussing the actual amounts which are actually being debated?

2) What do you think the tax rate on people making 250K+ is, right now?

1) Hold on big fella...I'm not trying to be facetious here. I'm asking an honest question.

2) Judging by this, 33-35%. If this is wrong, please point in the right direction.

[ATTACH]44950[/ATTACH]

http://www.moneybluebook.com/2009-federal-income-tax-brackets-official-irs-tax-rates/

Now then....

In your opinion,how much should they pay?

1) Hold on big fella...I'm not trying to be facetious here. I'm asking an honest question.

2) Judging by this, 33-35%. If this is wrong, please point in the right direction.

[ATTACH]44950[/ATTACH]

http://www.moneybluebook.com/2009-federal-income-tax-brackets-official-irs-tax-rates/

Now then....

In your opinion,how much should they pay?

But that's only on what they make OVER that amount. If you make $500,000 you pay 35% only on the portion of your income over $372,950 so you are only paying 35% on $127,050 (if you are single based on your first link).

Is that based on something though or just a number you came up with?

Actually, I think it was Lamar Alexander's number. Heck, make it 18 if you want. Or 20 if we have to. But a flat tax doesn't unnecessarily punish success, nor unfairly burden the lack of it.

Archived