Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is missing from the Ring of Fame?

Cambl2Moss

I can see several other people agree with me on this, but I really can't understand why Monte Coleman isn't included in the Ring of Fame. We caught up with him for the "Where Are They Now?" feature in this week's Hail! magazine and that really sparked a conversation trying to figure out why he's not on the list. I'm going to have to make a mental note to see if I can figure out why he's not there and see who is the best person to talk to within the organization about the Ring of Fame in general.

Thanks for starting this thread. You've now got me motivated.

Monte Coleman, Ricky Sanders and Bostic should all be in.

What about Wilbur Marshall? Maybe he wasn't with the team long enough, but he had some good seasons and arguably deserved the MVP in the Super Bowl. He had a great game.

Hard to argue with Coleman and Buges, that's for sure.

Rypien? No way. He had one spectacular season and then completely flamed out. While you're at it, remove Doug Williams. I have great memories, but there has to be a higher standard for induction

Hard to argue with Coleman and Buges, that's for sure.

Rypien? No way. He had one spectacular season and then completely flamed out. While you're at it, remove Doug Williams. I have great memories, but there has to be a higher standard for induction

Anyone who wins us a superbowl deserves to be in the ring of fame no matter what. If Todd Collins lead us to a super bowl in 2007, then he should be in there too (example)

Anyone who wins us a superbowl deserves to be in the ring of fame no matter what. If Todd Collins lead us to a super bowl in 2007, then he should be in there too (example)

With this logic, would you put Timmy Smith in? Still holds the SB single game rushing record. Just asking.

We would have won those superbowls with any qb in the league. Timmy Smith doesn't belong either.

I might be inclined to agree with you if either had, say, four decent/good years plus the outstanding year with the SB. Putting someone like TC2007 in would cheapen the honor.

We would have won those superbowls with any qb in the league. Timmy Smith doesn't belong either.

I might be inclined to agree with you if either had, say, four decent/good years plus the outstanding year with the SB. Putting someone like TC2007 in would cheapen the honor.

I would disagree with the statement above;

"We would have won those superbowls with any qb in the league".

If Rypien isn't playing during the 91 season, I would be hard pressed to say the Skins reach the Superbowl! He had a superb season, and though his overall career did not last long, he did have the magical season, being sacked only what, 8 times the entire season? I can't remember the back-up back then, maybe Rutledge, but I doubt any other QB gets us to the Superbowl, so I can't agree with that.

Of course, hindsight comments do point out flaws, but overall it is a team sport, and I WISH any QB for the Skins would have something remotely close to the same type of season Ryp had, and we'd all be in another forum discussing which jerseys we should be wearing to THIS year's Superbowl...

I would disagree with the statement above;

"We would have won those superbowls with any qb in the league".

If Rypien isn't playing during the 91 season, I would be hard pressed to say the Skins reach the Superbowl! He had a superb season, and though his overall career did not last long, he did have the magical season, being sacked only what, 8 times the entire season? I can't remember the back-up back then, maybe Rutledge, but I doubt any other QB gets us to the Superbowl, so I can't agree with that.

Of course, hindsight comments do point out flaws, but overall it is a team sport, and I WISH any QB for the Skins would have something remotely close to the same type of season Ryp had, and we'd all be in another forum discussing which jerseys we should be wearing to THIS year's Superbowl...

I never have quite gotten how Ryp get's so overlooked by Redskin fans, yet someone like Doug Williams is looked upon in awe. Ryp had two real good season's, '89 and '91, and 3 average one's. Doug had a miraculous quarter in a SB.

And that's not to slight Williams, who holds his own special niche in Redskin's lore.

Just a personal thang, but I've yet to see any QB from any era through a prettier, more accurate deep ball than the Cannuck. No way am I saying Ryp's up there with the all time greats, but his deep ball was an aesthetic thing of pure beauty.

Hail.

Archived