Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Deion Sanders: Cowboys latest wins are just a benefit of favorable matchups

tr1

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/11/deion-sanders-cowboys-latest-w.html

Former Cowboy defensive back Deion Sanders and former NFL coach Steve Mariucci weighed in on the Cowboys performance Sunday on the NFL Network. Here are their opinions.

On the Cowboys two-game winning streak being the result of the coaching change:

Deion Sanders: "It has a lot to do with matchups, it has a lot to do with that the Giants slept on this Dallas Cowboys team a week ago. And with Jason Garrett , 36 of the 53 players had only played for Wade Phillips and now this is the first time in their careers that they ever seen someone terminated. 'Guys, they're firing people out there, we got to get it going.' And plus, they played against the Detroit Lions. Come on, man."

Steve Mariucci: "Jason Garrett's the interim head coach and he's on an audition, let's face it alright. Well, his first two games are wins. That's what you can do, win 'em ugly, win 'em great, just win 'em. Now, we have a schedule to judge their team by. You're talking about New Orleans on Thanksgiving. How about at Indy? And then Philly twice. O.K., now we'll see what you got."

On Tony Romo sits to pee getting healthy:

Sanders: "I don't know if they want him back right now. Kitna's balling.

Could Romo sits to pee have gotten a more insulting, damning appraisal than that? From an acknowledged Cowboy homer non the less.

Priceless.

Hail.

It's not a surprising insult, given that it came from a former Redskin.

redskins17.jpg

But I can understand the sentiment, whether it's a diss on Romo sits to pee or not. If a team is smart, they go with the QB with the hot hand. Sorry Romo sits to pee, if Kitna is winning, just keep resting that collarbone and win the job back next training camp. Personally, I'm waiting for the last shoe (the 8th loss) to drop. I'd like to see McGee get a game or two under his belt.

Priceless! And I agree sadly. It does Dallas no good to stick Romo sits to pee out there and potentially get knocked up again. They have nothing but pride to play for at this point. With the way the NFC is they are too far behind even if they won every game from hereon out, playoffs, ain't happening.

Could Romo sits to pee have gotten a more insulting, damning appraisal than that? From an acknowledged Cowboy homer non the less.

Priceless.

Hail.

I would generally agree, however, Deion has a strong disliking for Garrett because of the friendship Garrett and Aikman have. If you are unaware, Deion absolutely HATES Aikman. In fact, Deion tried to get the locker room divided and take sides between him and Aikman.

I would generally agree, however, Deion has a strong disliking for Garrett because of the friendship Garrett and Aikman have. If you are unaware, Deion absolutely HATES Aikman. In fact, Deion tried to get the locker room divided and take sides between him and Aikman.

:laugh: WTF? That's a pretty strange conflict. What started that? Seems weird to have a QB and CB be in a fued.

:laugh: WTF? That's a pretty strange conflict. What started that? Seems weird to have a QB and CB be in a fued.

Deion would show up whenever he wanted, did whatever he wanted, etc. under Switzer(The guy Deion just claimed was his favorite coach of all time) and Aikman felt he should be trying as hard as everyone else on the team and spoke up about it. Think this was a big section covered in the book "Boys will be Boys," but I'm not sure, I haven't read it -- just heard about bits and pieces from it.

I give credit to the Cowboys beating the Giants, but beating the Lions at home is nothing to write home about. The Lions are decent to good at home, but are like 1-427 on the road, or something like that.

Who to cheer for tomorrow? Part of me wants Cowboys to win to drop the Saints, but I also don't want Atlanta to win homefield throughout as they're MUCH better at home than on the road. Then there's the whole "cheering" for the Cowboys dilemma. Tough decisions.

To say the Cowboys wins lately have been only to favorable matchups is silly. They have clearly been playing better and more disciplined since Garrett took over. I fully expect them to lose to New Orleans today but am hopeful that they at least continue playing solid.

To say the Cowboys wins lately have been only to favorable matchups is silly. They have clearly been playing better and more disciplined since Garrett took over. I fully expect them to lose to New Orleans today but am hopeful that they at least continue playing solid.

Wait, you mean the cowboys won't make the playoffs?! You must be out of your mind. They won two games with their new coach. One over a Giants team who was at Super Bowl form for the game and against an NFC favorite the Lions. To say that they will lose is blasphemy.

/sarcasm

Archived