Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Giants have/had such a better game plan for Vick.

CliffBattles

I was wondering why we weren't blitzing against the Eagles. I remember Petitbon against running/scrambling QB's not only would he use multiple fronts, but he would blitz....a lot. Blitz in lanes....to keep containment, but give pressure. A "spy" would be used rarely....when not expected.

Regardless of the outcome of the Giants/Eagles game, just watching them pressure Vick in lanes is actually getting hits on him, making him less comfortable, and slowing down the offense.

I know that the Giants have one of the best D-lines in football, but the game plan is just better. Collinsworth (though irritating) was stating how the Giants were practicing all week defending deep passes and the safeties being up closem but practicing bolting back at the snap of the ball.

Vick was near perfect last week. But, having 5-7 seconds to throw is absurd.

Michael Vick has had to re-enter the Earth's atmosphere after being anointed the greatest football player in the history of the Universe this past week. But it still looks like idiot shEli has just given this game to the Iggles and Vick has done just enough this week to win.

Sloppy, sloppy game for both teams!

I think that the blow out was an aberration. We never really even got to see the "gameplan" because the Skins were on the floor in the fetal position before they ever had a chance to execute a game plan. The Eagles are the better team. I won't take that from them. They beat us badly, but their performance in that game was one in a hundred. With that said, yes the Giants have a better game plan. They are pressuring Vick consistently, and he clearly isn't as comfortable this week as last week. You beat Vick by consistently applying pressure. Eventually, you will get to him. The Skins did not do that last week.

I'm not even sure Haslett had a specific game plan for Vick.

Defensive Players: "Ok coach, what's the plan this week?"

Haslett: "Ok gang... let's go out there and give 'em our all, ok? Let's kick some... uh.. kick some... kick some butts out there! Yeah. Yeah. Let's do that. That'll show 'em."

Our team was just emotonally beat last week, it didnt matter if we blitzed or not. To many distractions surrounding McNabb created by Shanahan. We've played EVERY TEAM close this year so that just lets you know that we can beat anyone. I hope we get them again because knowing Haslett he's got something up his sleeves for the Eagles.

It was a once in a lifetime first quarter for Vick and the Eagles

They just kept the momentum rolling.

Some of the plays that the Eagles got last week (Maclin's deep TD, the 50 yard run) were just crazy plays that never happen

That's what I think. It was just one of those things. A perfect storm.

I remember watching journeyman Tracy Murray drop 50 in a game for the Wiz way back when in the late '90's. He was a decent player but nothing special. Yet that night everything just clicked.

The key to beating Vick is to bring pressure from a sure tackler like Landry (which we did several times) and to have your ends/backers not over pursue and funnel Vick back into you're lineman. This is the aspect that we failed in 2 weeks ago.

While he's definitely one of the better tackles on THIS team, Landry is far from a sure tackler.

The key to beating Vick is to bring pressure from a sure tackler like Landry (which we did several times) and to have your ends/backers not over pursue and funnel Vick back into you're lineman. This is the aspect that we failed in 2 weeks ago.

One of the big things the Giants were doing, that Collinsworth kept talking about, was to make Vick scramble to his right. That he doesn't/can't throw well when he's going right. That and get people in his face, force him to make the hot read. He's only 6 foot and can't see the field perfectly and a lot of times when he feels pressure he just throws the ball up. Then it's on your DB's to make a play.

And they still lost.

vick didnt win this game for them. the giants beat themselves with stupid turnovers, and on a few blown plays by lesean mccoy.

i said last week the way to beat vick is to lineup in man coverage, and blitz the piss out of him. amazing how tonight he looked more like old michael vick than joe montana.

you cannot let vick sit back there and have all day to either run or throw. the giants got in his grill multiple times, and it wasnt with the front 4, it was on corner blitzes. and surely we dont have any speed or talent in the secondary to make that kind of thing happen............lol

haslett had a horrid gameplan, plain and simple.

While he's definitely one of the better tackles on THIS team, Landry is far from a sure tackler.
I agree 100%, but you need to bring a player that is both fast enough, quick enough, and athletic enough to get Vick to the ground. Really the only player we have that fits that bill is Landry. We just didn't do it nearly enough and our D-line didn't communicate like they needed to.

I was wondering why we weren't blitzing against the Eagles. I remember Petitbon against running/scrambling QB's not only would he use multiple fronts, but he would blitz....a lot. Blitz in lanes....to keep containment, but give pressure. A "spy" would be used rarely....when not expected.

Regardless of the outcome of the Giants/Eagles game, just watching them pressure Vick in lanes is actually getting hits on him, making him less comfortable, and slowing down the offense.

I know that the Giants have one of the best D-lines in football, but the game plan is just better. Collinsworth (though irritating) was stating how the Giants were practicing all week defending deep passes and the safeties being up closem but practicing bolting back at the snap of the ball.

:stop: Hold up. HOLD UP. Just because the RESULTS were different does not mean the gameplan was as well. If you pay attention to the game Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, and Jason Avant drop key passes against the Giants that they caught against us. Almost all of them were potential Touchdowns. If the receivers catches those passes, (like they did against us) tonight results would have been similar to the MNF game.

The Giants did lose but not because of Vick or the Giants' defense. 5 turnovers against top quality teams will make it impossible to win.

What I am hoping is that this showed other teams how to defend against Vick and that offense. They did have 27 points and a lot of yards but when you get extra possessions because of turnovers, you are going to get more yards than you normally would have. :doh:

;7985696']The Giants did lose but not because of Vick or the Giants' defense. 5 turnovers against top quality teams will make it impossible to win.

What I am hoping is that this showed other teams how to defend against Vick and that offense. They did have 27 points and a lot of yards but when you get extra possessions because of turnovers' date=' you are going to get more yards than you normally would have. :doh:[/quote']

you guys did exactly what i was expecting us to do. i figured landry would be blitzing every other play, rogers would be blitzing, buchanon would be blitzing, sending orakpo constantly. instead we dropped 8 into coverage so many times and vick just had a picnic back there and threw to whoever he wanted.

im glad you guys played this game the way you did, you guys gave every other team the blueprint how to beat this clown.

on a side note, i hate watching this loser play QB. hes such a joke. running around like an idiot and scrambling everywhere is just so lame and irritating.

The Giants have much better football players on both sides of the ball than we do. I don't think "game plan" had as much to do with it.

BS. our secondary is FULL of fast playmakers that can blitz. its worked before this season and we didnt even attempt it. landry is a mule back there, he could have lit vick up multiple times and he wasnt even given a chance. we dropped into awful zones all night, the giants played man up constantly. and we can play man, our corners are solid.

I agree with you..

one question for everyone.. Has anyone EVER seen the "spy" tactic ever work? All it does is take one of your most athletic out of the play by rendering him useless roaming the no-man's land watching the opposing QB make play after play....

The whole game when they showed Landry acting as a spy for Vick... it brought back memories of when we tried to put Arrington as a spy for the young McNabb... Arrington never made an impact in the game...

I really liked the plan the Giants had for Vick, but what I also noticed, on both teams D, is that they have big, athletic, fast dudes on their lines and ends.. Our guys dont have near the athleticism as either of those defenses.. Were old and slow, and it's blantantly obvious.. :(

Archived