Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Giants have/had such a better game plan for Vick.

CliffBattles

The Giants got a bit lucky too. Eagles scored 27, but Avant dropped a pass in the end zone he never drops, so that would have been 34 instead of 27. Vick was scrambling on one play, kept it alive, and overthrew DJax buring down the sideline, his defender five yards behind him. That would have been 41 points. There was another play where an Eagle dropped a ball on the goal line that became a field goal instrad of a touchdown. The Giant's gameplan put the pressure on, but if both teams played a mistake-free game the Eagles probably win anyway.

They lost but they exposed Vick a bit in my opinion. They definitely didn't lose because of him. (They lost because Eli Manning is a ****ing moron or epic proportions). They struggled at first but then they made some changes and essentially shut Vick down.

Agree. And the NFL is a copycat league. Once one team figures out a way to achieve something, it quickly spreads to the others.

They did have a better plan, but Vick just had one of those "in the zone" games against us, too. He probably would have kit up anyone that night.

I agree with this, but I also think that people have to remember that with the switch to a new defense (and not having all the correct personnel to properly execute it) that the game plan is going to be limited for the time being.

i keep running this game again over and over in my mind and i think the best way we should have played them monday was going back to the 4-3 just for that one game against the eagles. ok were now 3-4 but the 4-3 we would limit them from making big plays... aka vick in particular.

I was wondering why we weren't blitzing against the Eagles. I remember Petitbon against running/scrambling QB's not only would he use multiple fronts, but he would blitz....a lot. Blitz in lanes....to keep containment, but give pressure. A "spy" would be used rarely....when not expected.

Regardless of the outcome of the Giants/Eagles game, just watching them pressure Vick in lanes is actually getting hits on him, making him less comfortable, and slowing down the offense.

I know that the Giants have one of the best D-lines in football, but the game plan is just better. Collinsworth (though irritating) was stating how the Giants were practicing all week defending deep passes and the safeties being up closem but practicing bolting back at the snap of the ball.

Vick was near perfect last week. But, having 5-7 seconds to throw is absurd.

I was waiting for this thread. If you put the game in context then you will understand why the Giants did weel in containing Vick. The Giants are athletic on the edges. Plus the eagles were coming off a short week. We will see what happens next time,

Archived