Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per John Keim (WEX) Twitter - Terrence Austin Promoted(Nope. Updated post #50)

NattyBo

Russelmania09

Just spoke to another source, the plan is for Austin to NOT play, however if Banks has an issue overnight or early am, he is insurance.

That's too bad. I really wanted to see what the little guy can do. I mean at this point we gotta change something at WR. I was hoping Austin would provide a spark.

This is outstanding news. Looks like we've got our finger in contact with the reset button and we're ready to push. Keep going :)

EDIT: Read the update. Nevermind. Bah.

On the plus side it sounds like we are going to see a lot more of Banks at receiver. I hope we do more than just throw him screens and nine routes.

with our snails pace of making changes on offense, I do not expect him to get onto the field. OMG isnt going anywhere, its obvious Shanny just likes that old vet presence Joey brings.

If Austin gets in the game, I will be pleasantly surprised.

No I dont expect a catchable ball to go his way,

Henry Ellard was a stud, and quite possibly THE best route running WR I've ever seen. I never paid too much attention to route running until Ellard came along...his precise route running bailed out more than a few mediocre QBs. I remember during one season with the Skins, a humongous 95% of Ellards catches were for 1st downs...that's insane. And that's due primarily to his damn-near perfect route running.

I didn't say that Ellard wasn't very good, but I would think first and often of Gary Clark, well before Ellard!

Your right, but his best days were as a Ram not a Redskin.

That was pretty much the point of my first post. Ellard played for us in his twilight years, and considering that it was under Norval, I'm afraid that I think "garbage years."

Gary Clark OTOH made his career (and it is Hall-worthy IMO) as a Redskin!

I'm sorry to sound like a broken record, but what exactly did Roydell Williams or Joey Galloway do at all in the pre-season that Austin did not do? Austin was getting better as the preseason went on, he was clearly the best of the 3. I really don't understand how Shanahan sees things. A real Zorn-like move to keep these 2 on the roster to be honest.

Crap, so I guess that means Galloway is still on the active roster?? I justs dont get it.. I know everyone thinks he's such a great "locker room" guy, but really, how many of those do we need?? Isn't Fletch a great locker room guy, isnt McNabb a great locker room guy? Im sure there are others.. I didnt know we needed any more "locker room guys" on the team.. Especially ones who take roster spots from actual players.. Make this guy a coach already and get on with it!! Sheesh.. :doh:

Archived