Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per John Keim (WEX) Twitter - Terrence Austin Promoted(Nope. Updated post #50)

NattyBo

Translation: "Hi, I'm McD5, whenever there is even one questionable aspect to our team I will not only question it, but demand change immediately. 9/10, I'm totally wrong, but when that one time does happen after many factors cause it to, I'll be sure to remind everyone that I knew more than the coaches".

This is not true. Betts was contributing little and he never questioned him. *Grins at McD

Hail.

Looks like young Mr. Austin has finally progressed enough to allow the coaches to pull the trigger. That isn't all that bad for a guys drafted where he was either,(if one wants to put that much stock in that). That and probably a little but of "Oh what the hell?" as well.

Translation: "Hi, I'm McD5, whenever there is even one questionable aspect to our team I will not only question it, but demand change immediately. 9/10, I'm totally wrong, but when that one time does happen after many factors cause it to, I'll be sure to remind everyone that I knew more than the coaches".

Please. It's been pretty easy for anyone to be more correct than our organization for the last five years. You didn't need to be a coach to know that JC wouldn't work, D Thomas and Kelly were likely to bust, "Not so Fast" Willie Parker was a total joke, TO and Vick were great bets for success, or that Galloway wasn't going to last this season. Or any of 100 other things.

Hopefully for once we're actually right, and he's not Anthony Mix or Marko Mitchell. Theres a reason these guys are the coaches

Most NFL head coaches last two years. Don't believe for a second that because someone is a coach, that they are good at what they are doing, or that they know more than most. The high turnover rate should illustrate that. The great majority of coaches have no idea what they are doing. They have their jobs by default.

If there's a reason why Haslett is I'd love to hear it.

Hail.

A good example.

Most NFL head coaches last two years. Don't believe for a second that because someone is a coach, that they are good at what they are doing, or that they know more than most. Very few know what they are doing. The high turnover should illustrate that. The great majority of coaches have no idea what they are doing. They have their jobs by default.

I'd also throw in the "it's not always what you know, but WHO you know factor"; which is relevant in a lot of cases. Once your on that gravy train, you invariably stay on it, regardless of how poor your guys preform. Often at the expense of a hungry, young college Coach.

Hail.

Yes GHH. Pro basketball maybe being even a worse offender at this than the NFL. The talent pool for NBA coaches seems to be extremely small. That league is littered with coaches that fail big with a team for four years, then they fail with another for four years, then they get signed yet again by another team to fail for four years.

When you're playing as badly as Galloway is, it is hard to demand respect in a lockerroom. My guess is Galloway goes and Roydell stays for ST ability. The rest of these recievers are too small to fill that role.

Right, your fourth and fifth receivers need to be able to play teams. If Galloway is not in the first three on the depth chart you can't keep him - and he is clearly not in the first three anymore thank heavens.

So lets see, let's look at the age of the potential top 4 receivers for the Redskins:

Santana Moss (31)

Anthony Armstrong (27)

Brandon Banks (22)

Terrence Austin (22)

Slowly chipping away at this aging roster, eh?

It didn't sit well with me at the time, but maybe getting a dose of Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson was the kick in the pants this team needed.

I'm hoping that, by the end of the year, we are playing Moss, Austin, Armstrong, Banks, and Williams at WR and Ports, Davis, Torain, and Williams at RB. That would be a relatively young and exciting set of skill players.

Oh, thank god! If that happens, we have to remember that that is a ton of progress in only one season.

This is awesome news! But if we just promoted him, he probably won't get any play time this week right? I'm glad to get rid of the useless Galloway, and see what we have in Austin.

He's been practicing. He can play right away. Man -- Austin, Banks, Moss Armstrong... finally, a little excitement at WR!

LOL :ols:

Of all of the great Skins receivers you picked Henry Ellard?! :doh:

What about Gary Clark?

Henry Ellard was a stud, and quite possibly THE best route running WR I've ever seen. I never paid too much attention to route running until Ellard came along...his precise route running bailed out more than a few mediocre QBs. I remember during one season with the Skins, a humongous 95% of Ellards catches were for 1st downs...that's insane. And that's due primarily to his damn-near perfect route running.

Henry Ellard was a stud, and quite possibly THE best route running WR I've ever seen. I never paid too much attention to route running until Ellard came along...his precise route running bailed out more than a few mediocre QBs. I remember during one season with the Skins, a humongous 95% of Ellards catches were for 1st downs...that's insane. And that's due primarily to his damn-near perfect route running.

Your right, but his best days were as a Ram not a Redskin.

Archived