Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Post: Rep. John Shimkus says God won't allow Global Warming

Unforgiven

Idiots and the fairy tales they use...

Does anyone actually believe that this guy believes this ****? Take the whole global warming debate out of it, what's relevant is that we have people in powerful positions spewing bull**** to *******s that believe. We're ****ed.

I'll keep saying it... specific parties/ideology notwithstanding, we often identify a majority of politicians as being more unethical, too easily corruptible, incompetent, stupidly partisan, or just nuts, than not. We usually frame them as more harmful than helpful to "progress" for the "best of our nation." I suggest that they simply and accurately represent the people whose popular vote put them in office... because that's likely the same adjectives fitting the majority of voters.

I've never understood how a Christian who has inherent in his faith free will and the falleness of humanity could come to the conclusion that God would suddenly step in to prohibit the actions of humanity from reaching their consequences...if God allowed humanity to destroy each other with Hitler why do people think that he'll step in now? Wishful thinking at it's best, once again proof that someone's age is not a qualification for governance.

I've never understood how a Christian who has inherent in his faith free will and the falleness of humanity could come to the conclusion that God would sussdenly step in to prohibit the actions of humanity from reaching their consequences...if God allowed humanity to destroy each other with Hitler why do people think that he'll step in now? Wishful thinking at it's best, once again proof that someone's age is not a qualification for governance.

And if God would allow children to be born with multiple sex organs and genetic defects how you could deem homosexuals to hell.

We agree on this subject :)

I've never understood how a Christian who has inherent in his faith free will and the falleness of humanity could come to the conclusion that God would suddenly step in to prohibit the actions of humanity from reaching their consequences...if God allowed humanity to destroy each other with Hitler why do people think that he'll step in now? Wishful thinking at it's best, once again proof that someone's age is not a qualification for governance.

I wonder if we provide endless mirth or tears?

He has to have a sense of humor to be perfect.

My Mom taught me to think before I speak. I don't always succeed in doing this. I wonder if Rep. Shimkus is thinking the same thing or having one of those... "Shoot! That didn't come out right" moments.

I don't know why Shimkus believes that God didn't love the dinosaurs. God loves all his creations including many that he's allowed to go extinct.

God loves all his creations including many that he's allowed to go extinct.

Allowed or caused? :evilg:

Aren't you making the same assumption Shimkus is?(that a loving God would not allow the catastrophe)

Now I have to admit that's a high hope, but if I read the NT, it says the earth is destroyed with Fire, kind of hard to have fire with out heat right and in a sense Global Warming, even if its a short term thing?

Never even thought about that aspect; a God who purposefully wiped out humanity (or at least a large portion of it) with water won't then allow catastrophe to over come the Earth.

I find it funny that people on the left wait to pounce on every idiotic statement from some Republican hack and the right does the same for Democrats (Sheila Jackson Lee asking to see the American flag on Mars, Hank Johnson thinking Guam might capsize...) :)

We whine and complain about the corruption, narcissism and general incompetence in Congress and the left wants these fools running our Health Care, retirement, the economy, etc.

If anything we should take power away from these fools.

Whether this was a statement that reflects his base like Jumbo said (which I am sure it does), I still wonder about statements like this because I don't know how any rational human can truly believe this. Therefore, whenever someone in power says something like this, I chalk it up to "earning incumbant brownie points for the base"

And its fair to say that the district this guy represents is full of kooks, morons, and full blown whackaloons.

I find it funny that people on the left wait to pounce on every idiotic statement from some Republican hack and the right does the same for Democrats (Sheila Jackson Lee asking to see the American flag on Mars, Hank Johnson thinking Guam might capsize...) :)

We whine and complain about the corruption, narcissism and general incompetence in Congress and the left wants these fools running our Health Care, retirement, the economy, etc.

If anything we should take power away from these fools.

Based on your conclusions, why shouldn't we scrap the whole system and go without representation at all?

My Mom taught me to think before I speak. I don't always succeed in doing this. I wonder if Rep. Shimkus is thinking the same thing or having one of those... "Shoot! That didn't come out right" moments.

I don't know why Shimkus believes that God didn't love the dinosaurs. God loves all his creations including many that he's allowed to go extinct.

Thank "god" the WaPO put the party affiliation in the first paragraph. Whew. ;);)

Archived