Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per CNN: TSA to phase in new pat-down procedures at airports nationwide

Popeman38

• 1 year later...

TSA screener accused of intentionally slapping flier's testicles

A frequent flier is speaking out about an incident in which a TSA agent allegedly slapped his testicles as punishment for opting out of the naked body scanner at a Nevada airport. Steven deForest was flying out of Las Vegas when the incident occurred.

"A bulky young TSA agent came over to pat me down," he told the Huffington Post. "He told me to turn around. He was using his command voice, barking orders. I told him that I wasn't comfortable turning away from my luggage, which had already been screened, and wanted to keep it in my sight."

According to deForest, the screener knelt down to begin the pat-down procedure before making a shocking move.

"As he raised his hands he was looking at me. Then he gave a quick flick and smacked me in one of my testicles," deForest said.

tsagrope.jpg

What a TSA agent slapping your testicles may look like

TSA screeners described this goal to The Atlantic reporter Jeffrey Goldberg in 2010, when the enhanced pat downs were being implemented for the first time:

I asked [the screener] if he was looking forward to conducting the full-on pat-downs. "Nobody's going to do it," he said, "once they find out what we're going to do."

In other words, people, when faced with a choice, will inevitably choose the [body scanner] over molestation? "That's what we're hoping for. We're trying to get everyone into the machine."

Click on the link for the full article

San Juan PR TSA has an enormous gay agent and they make a big scene out of him patting people down. He stood there and said "I want to rub tha one" and they pulled me aside and he did. They also stole about $1,000 worth of Snap On tools.

$1000 worth of strap ons?

;)

• 10 months later...

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/headlines/20130829-ted-nugents-wife-arrested-after-gun-found-in-carry-on-bag-at-dfw-airport.ece

Ducking any "fun with Ted" aspects, or Mrs. Ted's actual role in the event, here's the stuff (stated as facts) I thought kind of interesting (worth a "wow").

Guns are allowed in checked luggage but not in carry-on luggage. Through July, security workers have found 57 guns in carry-on bags at D/FW Airport this year.

The airport ranks second behind Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport for guns found in carry-on luggage, according to a Transportation Security Administration spokesman. George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston ranks third, and Dallas Love Field comes in at No. 12. More than 1,000 guns have been found this year in airports nationwide.

Of course, as a research guy, i would want to know if all 57 found were done so unexpectedly (firearms unannounced to authorities as the baggage is being put through--I'm a stickler), and what parameters the "1000" were tallied under. Still, it all sparks awareness at just how much of this does occur that some might think "really doesn't happen often."

And while tales of TSA ineptitude being on a par with many of those we elect to govern us hold true, the role of serious airport security remains vital and worth most inconveniences (but not a free pass for incompetence or stupid procedural design). 

the Israelis method of profiling helps eliminate all these procedures and its more cost effective as well. pity we dont learn from mistakes rather than repeat them.

Yep, I've gone through Israeli airport security at Tel Aviv it was nothing like this, and to be honest way faster than US security in Houston when re-entering. Since travelling to Israel in 2009 I have continually wondered why we don't just clone their proceedures.

What? Did you actually read the article? I go to all the home games and the dude patting me down has never touched my arse or my junk, so its not at all the same thing. Maybe you shoukl try a different gate.:ols:

Maybe the dont pat high enough on you? Sucks but I cant wear shorts.

This reminds me of one of the guests on a recent daily show or colbert, can't remember which.  Things like household falls, crossing the street, backyard pools, ect all kill far more Americans than any terrorist has.  9/11 was horrible, yes and we obviously want to prevent another one but I have to start to wonder, if we put a miniscule fraction of the effort and resources we put into stopping boogeyman terrorist attacks into some other areas we could have a much better place to live.  I guess my feeling is at what point do we go to far with this ****?  I feel like the line was crossed long, long ago.  Deserve neither comes to mind.

Love the "yeah, 9/11 was bad, but terrorists are a boogyman" segue.  . 

Compared to the amount of effort and resources we've poured into it, it kind of is.  We've changed laws, created and funded giant federal agencies, drastically grown our intelligence efforts, allowed our gov't to take on massive new powers with almost no oversight at all.  We've spent countless billions Trillions?) of dollars, done untold damage to the constituion and invaded and occupied two countries.  I'd say we've slighlty over reacted and our country is worse off for it.  Is the possibility of another attack real?  Absolutely.  Has that possibility been overblown and turned into a boogeyman to justify all manner of infringements on our liberty and power grabbing by the gov't?  You betcha. 

Archived